Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
In with Shooting Star by Bad Company or Free or whatever band he was in at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay, so, hear me out.

"When we started this band, all we needed was a laugh."

That's the line I fixated on and recorded some wicked blues slide swing jump kind of New Orleans thing. And then, after doing three slide takes, and bass, I bothered to read the lyrics and Goddammit Motley Crue fooled me with just another lovely song about trying to get laid and partying.

BUT STILL. That song, the title at least, is about the time Nikk Sixx overdosed, right?

So, Kickstart My Heart is a meta rock and roll life on the road kind of song, right? If not, gently caress you all, I'll just have to come up with another brilliant idea and maybe one day start to get around to fixing to think about recording it.

Other ideas:
- We're an American Band (Grand Funk)
- What's your name, (Skynyrd)
- Georgia Rhythm (Atlanta Rhythm Section)

All those are about life on the road as a band, so, if you three other RS participants feel that the greatest rock n roll song to feature the line "we're still kicking rear end" which prophetically was the last album that was any good, well, I just don't know what you want from me.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can mix my turd and it would be the official poo poo effort submission.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Koivunen posted:

I'm getting married in about 50 days so I've been really busy with DIY projects and getting everything ready. Probably won't be able to contribute this round unless it's extended to the end of July...

Christ you're selfish.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Koivunen posted:

Yeah I know. July would be a wicked long extension and I definitely don't expect the deadline to be set that far out.
You know I was kidding, I hope. Congrats and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Rip rockstar. I have ideas for tunes, but my voice is like this thread. Quiet. Waffling. Broken. Something something I can't sing now. PS your mom.

• Locked thread