Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

it's really good

God bless those monks

agreed OP

also their cheese is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'm gonna be a monk. I already drink beer and eat cheese all day

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Senor Dog posted:

I'm gonna be a monk. I already drink beer and eat cheese all day

Your digestive system is adding to global warming! :mad:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I find deep parallels between the diets, grooming, and lifestyles of goons and those of the pyramid builders

The Chicago Tribune posted:

The workers who built the Great Pyramids of Egypt were mustached, beer-drinking, bread-and-garlic eaters who generally died in their 30s from cancer, industrial accidents and parasitic diseases, according to new archeological evidence.

Zahi Hawass, director-general of the Giza Plateau and Saqqara Archeological sites, said that excavations of 630 tombs at a recently discovered site 5 1/2 miles from downtown Cairo disprove previous contentions that the Great Pyramids were constructed by anything other than native, free-born Egyptians.

"The builders of the Great Pyramids did not come from outer space, as has been said in 200 books," he said.

The tombs, which date to about 2,600 B.C., appear to be the final resting place of the families of the manual laborers, artisans and overseers who constructed the three Great Pyramids. While Hawass had been looking for the site of the workers' village for a number of years, the two-mile-square town was discovered only in 1990, when the leg of a horse went through the roof of one of the tombs.

The excavations have since revealed that the supervisors who oversaw construction of the Great Pyramids scavenged bits of limestone, basalt and granite to construct their own pyramid-shaped houses of the dead.

Workmen used clay to build their tombs. Representative statuary found in tombs showed the workers, unlike the ruling class at the time, seem to have worn mustaches. Inscriptions also indicate that beer, bread, garlic and occasionally pork and mutton were staples in the pyramid builders' diets. A menu on one tomb wall suggested that even at this early date the Egyptians had learned to brew five types of beer and made 12 varieties of bread.

An analysis of the bodies indicated that most died in their middle to late 30s. Six had perished from industrial accidents that archeologists believe took place on the construction sites. One died from what appears to be the earliest case of cancer discovered in Egypt. Most seemed to have been afflicted with bilharzia, a parasitic disease that eventually kills people by destroying their liver and other organs.

*dies of liver disease, stinking of garlic and beer; gets kicked in the face by a horse 5000 years later*

twoday fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 24, 2017

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"industrial accidents" is one way of putting it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
imagine some drunk with a mustache not securing one of the ropes properly and one of those giant blocks sliding down a narrow ramp at high speed, plowing through 40 guys in loinclothes

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
One of my old roommates was a bigtime white supremacist and really liked St. Bernardus 12. I personally do not like Trappist beers much.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
beer, bread and garlic is not a bad way to live.

I was gonna say something about how too bad the ancient Egyptians did not discover cheese to go with their bread and garlic but I googled it and they did have cheese!

quote:

"Cheese is thought to have originated in the Middle East. The manufacture of cheese is depicted in murals in Egyptian tombs from 2000 BC.[1] Two alabaster jars found at Saqqara, dating from the First Dynasty of Egypt, contained cheese.[2] These were placed in the tomb about 3000 BC.[3] Probably they were fresh cheeses coagulated with acid or a combination of acid and heat. An earlier tomb, that of King Hor-Aha may also have contained cheese which, from the hieroglyphic inscriptions on the two jars, came from Upper Egypt and from Lower Egypt.[4] The pots are similar to those used today when preparing mish.[5] Cottage cheese was made in ancient Egypt by churning milk in a goatskin and then straining the residue using a reed mat. The Museum of Ancient Egyptian Agriculture displays fragments of these mats.[6]

In the 3rd century BC there are records of imported cheese from the Greek island of Chios, with a twenty-five percent import tax being charged.[7]"

they were on that cheese since time immemorial. a decent life if you subtract the endemic parasites and deaths by giant stone blocks.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Beer, bread, and garlic is probably all I would eat if I lived in the Nevada desert or something and never had to see other people. Also tortillas and beans and rice but now we're overcomplicating things.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I save money and cut the calories by injecting 5 dollar bottles of vodka directly up my rear end

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Your digestive system is adding to global warming! :mad:

am i better or worse than a cow

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Dog posted:

am i better or worse than a cow

you are a cow

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I love to eat and drink feces from other men because I'm a gay fag. I need to be killed and I'm a stupid idiot

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

VendaGoat posted:

La Fin Du Monde!

Monks and their fuckin eschatologies

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i find eschatological humor lowbrow and distasteful

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haverchuck posted:

I love to eat and drink feces from other men because I'm a gay fag. I need to be killed and I'm a stupid idiot

Huh.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
My eternal favorite are saisons. I hope when they haul my dead carcass out to the dumpster they pour some on me, it'd mean a lot

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i find eschatological humor lowbrow and distasteful

Lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Haverchuck posted:

No it's ok man, it's ok if ur a huge gay fag. I'm sure there are people who could love you and make you eat their poo poo, don't end it until you're sure it's time

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Daddy please stop drinking.

Daddy: :cheerdoge:

Daddy no!

Daddy: :cheerdoge:

Daaaadddyyyy

Daddy: :liverfailure:

Whhhhyyyy

:cheerdoge: