Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this is the only one I've had. pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

twoday posted:

Trappist beer is so heavy and unfiltered and yeasty and filling because it's supposed to help you get through lent, so actually the way you're supposed to drink it is steadily throughout the entire day on an empty stomach

I've always wanted to just do nothing but drink all day and now I have a religious excuse for it. lent's all year bitches. I have a permission slip from the pope.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
beer, bread and garlic is not a bad way to live.

I was gonna say something about how too bad the ancient Egyptians did not discover cheese to go with their bread and garlic but I googled it and they did have cheese!

quote:

"Cheese is thought to have originated in the Middle East. The manufacture of cheese is depicted in murals in Egyptian tombs from 2000 BC.[1] Two alabaster jars found at Saqqara, dating from the First Dynasty of Egypt, contained cheese.[2] These were placed in the tomb about 3000 BC.[3] Probably they were fresh cheeses coagulated with acid or a combination of acid and heat. An earlier tomb, that of King Hor-Aha may also have contained cheese which, from the hieroglyphic inscriptions on the two jars, came from Upper Egypt and from Lower Egypt.[4] The pots are similar to those used today when preparing mish.[5] Cottage cheese was made in ancient Egypt by churning milk in a goatskin and then straining the residue using a reed mat. The Museum of Ancient Egyptian Agriculture displays fragments of these mats.[6]

In the 3rd century BC there are records of imported cheese from the Greek island of Chios, with a twenty-five percent import tax being charged.[7]"

they were on that cheese since time immemorial. a decent life if you subtract the endemic parasites and deaths by giant stone blocks.

• Locked thread