Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

MHA is one of those series where every character is the best character, so picking a favorite is like trying to pick the best best.

Which is All Might, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am really going to miss Peace Sign. I wasn't sold on it the first time but it has grown on me exponentially every week since then.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Beasteh posted:

i'm sad that the OP is no longer Peace Sign

Same. That song got better and better every week and I really like it. The new OP has decent visuals but the song has no energy which may fit this arc but it doesn't fit the series' overall optimism and fun IMO.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I believe Full Cowling is the term used in the official Viz Translation, isn't it?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I never bothered to look this up before, but a Cowl usually refers to a hood or a hooded garment while a "Cowling" is (googled) "the removable cover of a vehicle or aircraft engine." So Cowling actually fits better?

It's not a big deal either way though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Gyges posted:

Kids have a general idea of what type of quirk they'll have since it's generally a variation or combination of their parents' quirks. Bullet guy probably has a quirk from the same type as Deku's mom, who has a low level attractive telekinesis.

Excuse you nothing about Deku's mom is low level attractive

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JT Jag posted:

All Might has been in the top 10 in every MHA character popularity poll, which is a rarity for adult authority figures in a shonen.

What about Kakashi? Did he not do well? It is indeed a rarity regardless though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

theGrooseofLegend posted:

The fact I can't tell the difference between Todoroki and Tokoyami is incredibly telling.

They're both very serious and brooding so swapping them without a context doesn't do much for their designs. I would've killed to see Tokoyami with a Bakugou or Kirishima since it is funny when birds smile.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Just realized Sero has the best hero name (Cellophane), because, if you take into account japanese r/l ambiguity, it's got his name in it.

It's not just the R/L, even. The Japanese word for Cellophane is 'Serohan.' Sero Hanta. It's just the word full stop with a 'Ta' added on to make it a Japanese name.

HeroAca names. :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The first anime ep aired in 3D

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Re: boobs, I know it doesn't make it better at all but the target audience for this show is the same age or younger than Yaoyorozu and they really like boobs. Citation: [Myself at 13.] The real culprit for this sort of thing is of course Horikoshi's unquenchable thirst for boobs, but I'm sure sales play a part in the direction more than just creeping on children.

But at least the anime promoters knows who their true fans are. My girlfriend picked up an otome anime mag yesterday and I was pleased to see that it came with a double page poster of the Aizawa fight. Featuring close-ups of Aizawa and Todoroki with Momo all tiny in the background.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't think he's a pariah or anything, they definitely like him well enough as evidenced by their betrayal when he revealed that he was among the smarter half of the class.

But they are quick to call him on his poo poo and it's not endorsed as a good thing. There's a lot more "You're terrible Mineta" than "Ohoho Mineta you're terrible" if that makes sense.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It is also pretty silly to take her words literally. She is Midnight, the 18+ Hero after all. I read those pages as her having a tendency to talk in explicit euphemisms and Aizawa thinking she's a weirdo for it, not her openly announcing her intentions to molest some children. That and I don't think she's ever talked about anyone else's bodies, which by itself invalidates her as a "Female Mineta." With the exception of her fight with Mt. Lady that is, but I mean strictly creeping on buff dudes. She's just made some Midnight faces when getting all wound up over youth and kids saying cool things, that's her thing.

As for Jiro, it could've been handled/written better but I never saw it as any more than her being self conscious. Sometimes a desire to not be excluded isn't equal to a desire to be included, she probably would have been angrier if Mineta had talked about her body, but as is she was just concerned since she was one of the few not mentioned. I could be overlooking important subtext as a guy reader though, I will admit.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mirage posted:

They were in a big industrial park. Lots of conductive metal around. If they'd ever figured out where Nezu was, Kaminari's electricity might have been useful.

Mina should've Endeavor'd her way to up to high ground, then they could've had a chance at finding and getting to him. Panic is a hell of a thing, though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is good and pure, much like Boku No My Hero Academia. Good anime are good.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think she could since she was able to make nesting dolls that had flashbangs in them so I think whatever she makes comes out complete as long as she knows exactly what it's made of and how it works. A lot of poo poo wouldn't work right if she had to assemble it piece by piece or if it came out broken up or exposed before fully removed from her.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I had no idea Abridged Series' were still relevant outside of DBZ and maybe YGO since it kinda started it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's Horikoshi so I honestly can't tell, is that from the Scans or was that written in English?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Poltergrift posted:

Written in English. It's Horikoshi's handwriting.

That's what I thought but I wasn't certain. Horikoshi is so awesome.

I won't get into the Cowl argument since it never goes anywhere, but it's 99% a Batman reference.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fabricated posted:

Nah, that guy never fucks his underage harem girls because his fetish is literally older women. Death March's primary crime is being insanely boring.

The real lowpoint of Isekai anime will be Shield Hero whenever it gets animated.

It's coming soon! I saw PVs for it playing in a store not too long ago.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

they must have forgot the 0 at the end of tokoyami's vote count??

Amateurs voting tend to forget that all popularity polls assume you recognize that Tokoyami is #1, you're actually voting for your second favorite.

But I can respect wanting to vote for Tokoyami twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fire that intern and get better interns, Tokoyami and Shinsou definitely like Bleach, Tsuyu, Mina, and Mineta like One Piece, and All Might, bless his soul, probably doesn't have a clue what any manga released in the last twenty years is because the man did nothing but be a hero until his stomach got exploded.

• Locked thread