Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I hope the dubbing is as excellent for the second season as it was for the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Guys I can't help but worry that Hagakure isn't gonna stand out a lot during the Sports Festival :ohdear:

Gonna be honest here. I didn't even know she was a character until this episode.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

So quick question.

Is everyone in the crowd able to see Allmight in that box he's in, all powered down? I though they were making a big deal of not letting anyone know he was limited last season?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Endorph posted:

How would they know he's All Might? he's just some weird-looking dude sitting in the crowd.

He is wearing All Might's suit.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I Say Run in particular is breathtakingly good, I don't have anything from S2 that particularly stands out as much just yet, but I do keep getting Peace Sign stuck in my head.

I really like the op for season 2.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

So who's Sauske?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Man, Darker than Black is good.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Begemot posted:

She does get a chance to shine, but it's so far in the future it'll probably be in season 4. Still not a single hint as to what her face looks like, though.

She does get in a hotspring at one point so you see the void in the water

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tournament arcs are rarely good.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

My guess is nobody wins because they just introduced a new villain and the tournament gets interrupted.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Aurora posted:

Crashing a sports festival with a million Actual Pro Heroes, yeah that's definitely a smart idea

I've seen a lot of shonen tournament arcs that end like this.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

Aizawa is our Kakashi. It's either Midnight or Cementos who are Orochimaru.

Does that mean Bakugo is Sasuke?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I hope Uraraka gets swole in this next arc.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

But... Is she really lifting 'heavy' weights?

Unless the bar is made out of wet noodles, yes.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Apparently starting this week Funimation's simuldub will be on a 2 week delay. :(

Not much of a simuldub is it then?

Guess I'll have to get used to the Japanese voices.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Sabat is really great and I really like the difference between his two voices, he's just wonderful. All of the dub voices are superb to be quite honest, especially my perfect twinkling boy.

Agreed. I don't want to wait for Funimation's 2 week delay, but man do I miss the English voices.

They're all fantastic.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I was kinda worried froppy was gonna get her tongue ripped out there.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Terper posted:

Ooooh. This actually deviates from the manga. In the manga, all the fights were fought in different locations at the same time. I was kinda confused when they started numbering them as "first fight" and "second fight", but I like this.

It's a good change since it let's them comment on the fights through the two student observers.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Every episode of this show goes by in a flash.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Also, is this really the time to be asking???

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I wanna "see" invisible girl actually use her abilities.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Bakugou is a bigger rear end in a top hat than most villains we've encountered. He's such an unredeemable prick I don't see how he hasn't been kicked out of the school yet.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

Bakugou suffers from the early chapters not having him nailed down yet. He does fairly calmly tell Deku to kill himself so he could get a Quirk in his next life, and is overall quick to anger but not Always Angry All The Time yet. I think some of his "genius snob" tendencies eventually got chilled (lol) and thrown into Todoroki, sorta.

Bakugou at present is a competitive jerk who wants to stand alone at number 1, but I also have no doubts he'd turn down an offer to join up with the League of Villains, for example. He's a kid with serious social problems almost to the point of disability, but he doesn't read as evil, and his motivations stem from wanting to be the best instead of the most famous or richest. Number One to Bakugou means strength, but not singularly the pursuit of power, if that makes sense. I doubt he'd have any use for the social influences at the disposal of the no. 1 hero, let alone abuse them.

Endeavor is an abusive power mongering rear end in a top hat. Bakugou would never be okay with employing low level eugenics to create a kid capable of being no. 1, you know?

I disagree about Bakugou not being willing to join the league of villains. I think he would do it in a heartbeat if he thought it would help him show how strong he was.

Remember he was a member a bulling gang in highschool. He just cares about personal aggrandizement, strength, and fulfilling fights. Not making sure people aren't oppressed.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Bakugo's whole thing isn't proving how strong he is, it's that he wants to be the greatest hero. Becoming a villain would prove that he's the exact opposite. He's not looking for power, but for the world to recognize that he has that power. Right before the sludge incident, he gets mad at his friends for smoking since if he's caught with them, he'll get in trouble too. He doesn't just want a high reputation, he wants a high Good reputation.

Bakugo is the bad boy, but he's a Good bad boy. no one is sasuke

He's only with the heros now because the villains have to live in the shadows thanks to All Might. If being a villain was a thing he could do without All Might immediately crushing you, and doing so would mean people would recognize how powerful he was, he would do so in a heartbeat.

It has nothing to do with him having a noble heart. He just cares about showing the world how powerful he is.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Midoriya is pretty lucky that Uraraka came back when she did. If she'd come back a minute or two later he might have talked himself in to turning Midoriya into a pile of dust.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

All Might's voice alone makes the dub worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Jackard posted:

A better attitude. Here's a video someone linked earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-V4L50r7U