Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The anime has its fantastic soundtrack and seeing stuff like Deku SMASHing the robot in episode 4 can't be beaten. It's also easier to connect with the side characters earlier on in the anime than in the manga, since they technically have more screentime, are voice-acted, and their designs can stand out more when they're colored. The manga has more content, of course, and things like Shigaraki's first appearance is way more effective in the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The extra polish they were able to add was definitely noticeable. Lots of extra little animation touches every now and then.

Cool ED.

WATASHI GANBARRRUUU

Terper fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 1, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Because of the way several anime companies work, a lot of anime is often done in a rather limited timeframe. This time, they've built a solid buffer and have several episodes already done, so they can spend more time on polish and details.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What we got is better.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shaking my drat head

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Todoroki's my family name, so technically, yes I am."
"U-uh, well, um"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait for Bakugou to beat all these lovely nerds into the ground where they belong.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anime fully delivered all the hype.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Manga thread, circa April 2015 posted:

I like how at the beginning of the tournament everyone was worried it was gonna drag but it's actually provided some of the most interesting moments in the series to date.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Slime posted:

Honestly I think he just threw in a tournament arc because that's a shounen staple, since it's not like he's lacking in ideas afterwards. As tournament arcs go it was a pretty good one though.

No, he has commented he's wanted to write one for a long time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait for my boy Bakugou to maybe, potentially beat Todoroki into a lovely smear on the ground next Saturday.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't believe Orochimaru was hiding behind Aizawa's bandages this whole time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anime has the Western Garbage tag, manga has the Manga.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Todoroki will win because otherwise Bakugo will experience an emotion that isn't 100% pissed off and thus turn into a corn cob.

lol

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 17, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All hail the King.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well, one of the most important defining things about the Symbol of Peace is that they must never, ever lose. In terms of an outwards persona to the masses, Bakugou would at the moment be a better Symbol of Peace than Deku, because Bakugou is loud, brash and arrogant. He just, uh, needs to work on that family-friendly charisma.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gran Torino is a pretty explicit Yoda reference.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There will be no episode next week, and then the Saturday after that it will resume.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/karehng/status/880861210609987584

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Because she's Deep Dope.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Stain is a really interesting villain

S-Stain...!

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 22, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The name cards were nice when we had come back from a week break, but we really don't need them all the time.

It's mostly only a problem for us with subs since translating it takes up so much of the screen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By saying that All Might is the only one allowed to kill him, he clearly knows that what he is doing is in opposition of what All Might fights for, and he's okay with that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:allears:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

Froppy is the best. So glad we got a full episode of her, and a seal man who is cute as heck.

But this show continues to leave my most burning question unanswered...

"What superpowers could a man in head-to-toe jeans possibly have?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQKUfR0llg&t=44s

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good luck killing a dude, Deku.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ooooh. This actually deviates from the manga. In the manga, all the fights were fought in different locations at the same time. I was kinda confused when they started numbering them as "first fight" and "second fight", but I like this.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yaomomo's bio page said she liked reading, but in the manga page about that info it actually reads "Likes: Reading (stuff like picture books)".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't mind them as they are in the show itself but when Crunchyroll has to place the subs on-screen every drat time, that's a lot of screen taken over by worthless text.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The titles of the three last episodes have been revealed on Twitter. They are:

Episode 36 - Stripping the Varnish

Episode 37 - Bakugo Katsuki: Origin

Episode 38 - Encounter

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hands are important and the anime messes them up, smdh

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/JDPtPA3.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/m3szvs4.gifv

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness sold better than Wonder Woman on the same week after its incredibly successful movie

What am American comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All hail the Exploding Baron King of Death

• Locked thread