Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
OP, Ochaco's motivation hasn't actually been revealed yet if I'm not mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
After how the first season was practically a 1:1 remake, I'm glad they were willing to add a fair amount of anime only stuff. In a single chapter episode it's really necessary.

Just gonna hope they cut down on the flashbacks going forward.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

I love the added scenes with Mt. Lady

They've done a great job working in the omakes to help reduce the need to rely on filler.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

deku running up and talking about the power of friendship felt really weird to me. it didn't seem like something an actual person would say at all. why did deku feel like he had to justify his own motivations to someone else? it felt like a speech that was there just so the audience would be reminded that deku's the one they're supposed to be rooting for

I mean Todoroki did issue a challenge and just gave a speech about his motivation. As a rival, Midoriya was honor bound to reciprocate.

Moreover, remembering heroic origins is something of a running theme.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I've realized that beyond that first episode being entirely recap the thing that annoys me the most about this season is the Deku crotch-shadow filter someone on the staff seems to love. It lasts for like 20 seconds at the end of the OP and I think they've used it in every episode for no reason.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It really strikes you as weird that it is the main topic of discussion for internet nerds?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Given that Manga Fukidashi exists, who knows? (He's a background character. Literally background, in that as far as I know, he's never spoken. If you look carefully, you can spot him in this arc.)

He's spoken multiple times, it's just his speaking is only in his word bubble. I guess like Iida's speech squares, it isn't a joke that translates well to anime.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Thor-Stryker posted:

The anime even cut down the 'finals' fights when compared to the manga. As well as changed up the matches for some reason, and there was a lot more exposition for the supporting cast in the manga. [One of the final fights in the manga is literally an exposition.]

While I'm all for keeping a faster tempo in anime fighting-tournaments, I'm saddened they couldn't delve into all the fun powers and abilities that make MHA interesting.

What? No. None of that is true.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I loved the little cowboy whistle during Gran Torino's reveal.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
True best girl has arrived.

Oh, and if you haven't read the manga, I recommend skipping the preview for next week.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 23, 2017

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I'd like to say that saying Bakugo wins character polls because of fujoshis is a lovely thing to say but all my friends love Bakugo and Todoroki a lot and they're all adult women so oops

Bakugo did kadebon Deku in today's episode, so I think it's a little bit intentional.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
She doesn't need to given that she is capable of single-handedly destroying the economy of every country in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Iida is a cyborg.

I think, and maybe this is what Silver2195 was getting at, it's less important that the quirks have a plausible biological impetus, than it is that they are limited by biological processes in some way. I.E.: Deku's bones shattering, Uraraka's and Aoyama's nausea, and Iida's stalling out/cramping up. Heck, even ways of playing off that are interesting like by having Mineta's gloves being made of his scalp tissue.

• Locked thread