Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the art style as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one piece is a lot of good fun and you can take your time with it or even just play the musou

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
drifters is like as far from mha's tone as you can possibly get

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm having more fun following this season weekly than when i tried doing that with season 1

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT
*busts out, wearing dark blue suit with brown tie, of the final store in the world that sells blue suits with brown ties*
I'M HERE
*dark blue suit with brown tie store explodes, taking last remaining world's stock of dark blue suits with brown ties with it*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah the first season only really worked for me on a binge watch but this is fun watching week to week

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think anyone is saying it is, i think the point is that todoroki's mom, was kind of hosed up, by his dad, and that is why he actively despises her less

horrible physical and mental trauma can kind of gently caress up a person and make them do hosed up things and that doesn't make them as bad as people who choose to do horribly hosed up things just because they're sick, twisted human beings

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 14, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think if a person has done something hosed up that they did not entirely want to do because of horrible trauma, while it does not make them a good person, does not make them a terrible person either. i think that makes them a hurt human being who needs help

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you mean the darkening when there's all the crazy movement at the end of the op? all tv anime does that when they get into super crazy fast-moving stuff with lots of colors, it's to prevent seizures. they leave things normal on the blu-ray releases

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You're good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the weird part is that this has become the main topic of discussion

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad jirou got a place

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i already kinda like bakugou, he's a huge rear end in a top hat but he's fun to watch and i think he's already showing bits of development with acknowledging that ochako really could have potentially beat him if he wasn't on guard

also deku's middle fingers should be horribly fried from putting all of one for all into flipping off endeavor

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
too late. you destroyed this beautiful thread with your hosed up energy. you monster

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Countblanc posted:

i wonder what Posting-based quirks exist in the MHA universe

flame shield, with the power to deflect angry posting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dangerous Person posted:

gently caress Endeavor

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i''m gonna dump water on endeavor's beard

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Arcanen posted:

The animation budget for this minute probably exceeds that spent on most anime for entire cours.

no, it's just yutaka nakamura

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bones is a studio filled with lots of really crazy talent and pretty much everything they make has moments like that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kekkai sensen is one of the best shows of 2015 and i recommend giving it a look even outside of the couple amazing scenes nakamura did for it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Demicol posted:

Checking out some of the clips makes me want to watch Concrete Revolutio

it's one of 2016's best shows

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand not liking sports festival arcs but this one has been super short and way more interesting and meaningful than the ones people typically like to complain about, and simultaneously been downtime from the more serious stuff that it's already foreshadowing is gonna slam into the cast hard

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i want everyone to be happy and have successful super hero careers including bakugou

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the actual casts between bbb and mha are pretty different personality-wise though some of them line up into similar roles, they just have the exact same dance moves and it's really awkward when they all meet up at parties because of it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bakugou is going to eat the world

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think horikoshi wanted to draw boobs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh outside of boobshots i think mha treats its female cast better than a lot of things i can think of

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bones staffs a variety of directors with different styles

blood blockade battlefront was directed by a lady and she went as far as changing stuff to make it appeal to women more so i don't think bones as a studio demands boob shots

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
little witch academia was one episode longer* than kill la kill and had characters wearing outfits specifically designed to avoid upskirts, counterbalancing kill la kill

*i've never watched the kill la kill ova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's badass to constantly post about cool stuff that happens later in the manga in anime threads

• Locked thread