Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sultan Tarquin posted:

When the leaderboards got fixed I went from around the mid 3,000 to rank 215 :eyepop:

when they got fixed I went from 2,000 to 22,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

A night map would just be everyone with gamma turned up to 11, unfortunately.

seems like all the streamers already do this

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Knifegrab posted:

Ha the pan blocks arrows. Also good to know that a superman punch does more damage than a normal one.

the other thing that helps in melee is aiming up above your targets head.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

Oh weird. That's also pretty hilarious.

I think what actually happens is that instead of it exploding in your pocket, when you prime a grenade and then switch weapons it just drops it underneath you. So, yeah, p funny and also funny that his video is all like "This bug needs to be fixed!" when its just like, once you light that molotov on fire you better throw it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Buane posted:

Well, after a riveting three minutes of laying motionless (apparently the circle stops shrinking once it hits its final size!) one of them gets bored and throws a smoke grenade to break up the monotony, which reminds my dumb rear end that I've got exactly two frag grenades in my inventory. Two beautiful prone lobs later I pick up my dumbest win ever:

if you wait long enough the circle will just disappear and blue will cover everything

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

queeb posted:

I've had like 3 crashes since the latest patch :(

slowly lose sound and then crash

I'm glad its not just me, it usually seems to happen as soon as it transitions to the airplane.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
fire should spread so you can burn down buildings

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BinaryDoubts posted:

I'd also be interested if anyone has any tips. In particular, identifying whether people are above or below you while in apartments is a real crapshow for me.

people above you in apartments make hollow footstep sounds

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Badfinger posted:

I wonder how many people pad KDR by dropping with the afk/disconnected crowd.

I wonder if I should start doing that.

me!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fauxshiz posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/drdisrespectlive

THE REAL SHOW IS STARTING BOYS LETS GO!

this guy is annoying and who the gently caress wears sunglasses playing videogames

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pleads posted:

The updside down jeep strat is killing me on this Dr stream.

I did this for almost an entire game, my car managed to make it tone of the final couple circles and I got 4th place. Died when I had to get out, but took one dude with me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is anyone getting stuck at this poo poo when loading the game:

quote:

11:56:21: Starting BattlEye Service...
11:56:22: Launching game...
11:56:24: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
11:56:24: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll".

I tried uninstalling battleye(using the bat file in the PUBG folder), but that didn't seem to do anything.

Oh well, loving latest windows update seems to have broken all the things or something.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 7, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thom and the Heads posted:

im seein a lot of chubby-cheeked, red-faced, buck-toothed little punk kids in this thread talking poo poo about the doc. get a grip.

his gimmick is so tired

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

aniviron posted:

Flip your car inside the final circle area. After it ejects you, get back in. Nobody checks rolled cars for passengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rtK5w5HPHg
I got extremely lucky with this circle and I had been in the car almost the entire game. Its too bad I can't aim.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Megasabin posted:

How did you flip in a flat field like that?

Those fields aren't really flat, there are a bunch of bumps in them, at the very start of the video you can see the raised path that flipped my car.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if i get shot while im crouch walking with a pan in my hand is that something people other than me can hear

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
a couple weeks ago in discord someone mentioned that one of the airdrop items should be a 3 person pickup with a big machinegun on the back

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Epsilon Plus posted:

Grenades loving bounce off of windows though, which is a real dickstabber.

you also can't throw grenades into cars as far as I can tell, which is really lame because I was trying to get a smoke into my car

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like if you get the drop on someone with the revolver maybe

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

Is there any way to reduce the possibility of crashing from Flash grenades? Does lowering effects or anything like that help?

a flashbang crashed me also, dunno how to fix it though. They really, really need to fix the crashing. Doing so twice in a row, right after restarting the game in an effort to keep it from crashing, made me quit playing out of frustration earlier today.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bolow posted:

If you get shot in the face the helmet won't do poo poo. Level 3 helmets have a face plate which makes them really loving good.

can we stop spreading this stupid nonsense

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Even though this game has some issues and is a bit buggy. It can still be really fun.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Can we please stop trying to bring too much realism to this game before it becomes DayZ all over again

yeah I'd like to see them get rid of carrying capacity on anything besides backpacks

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like the SKS, but I probably prefer the m16 for medium/long rage sniping. For me the one I can't seem to hit poo poo with is the kar, miss all sorts of shots that I feel like are for sure hits.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Reloading is so slow with the pump

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GigaPeon posted:

And they should have the pulse rifle from Aliens, too.

I'd love to see this type of game in other settings than modern. Sci-fi/Fantasy would be neat.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

It's called Planetside.

planetside you start with a load out though and its a forever battle where no one wins. I'm talking mainly about the scrounging with rounds battleground type thing.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
He thought he was dead. I've seen goons do the same thing to guys with guns in their hands, while I'm in discord like "That dude you just walked over and tried to loot was alive."

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This game is an unoptimized mess that suffers greatly from running a huge map with an immense drawing distance and a hundred players.

From the responses ITT it seems like everyone short of those having ultra high tier computers is experiencing flactuations in frame rate and moments of slide-show like performance. But really latency and desync is going to kill you a lot more often than frame drops so don't think about it too much, imo.

It seems like a crapshoot. Before the last patch I was running around 40-60 fps most of the time, now I get a steady 80-100 except when I'm waiting get on the plane.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

IceOrb posted:

Killed a squad and realized we had run into a streamer.

Some dude on his stream was talking poo poo so I grabbed my twitch archive and his and cut this quickie together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79VuC1FAyI

God I love this game.

People who talk smack on open mic are funny. I had a dude in an upstairs of a two story telling me to come out blah blah, so over the open mic I told my teammate I was just going to wait down the stairs until the blue came and then he stopped camping the stairs and I went up and shot him in the back. People are dumb.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i wish they would put in one more 7.62 rifle before adding any 5.56 or other guns

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rex-Goliath posted:

ballistic shields

god the bathroom camping if there were ballistic shields in this game would be stupid

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

seriously one of the reasons this game is better than those games is it isn't trying to model food and crafting nonsense

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rex-Goliath posted:

I would be ok with binoculars. In fact I even think the map should be an item you find rather than being given to everyone.

binoculars ok whatever, no map is loving stupid go back to arma or h1z1 or whatever

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jerkface posted:

:whitewater: the 4x scope sucks balls

its actually really, really good

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LE posted:

Legit good advice if you have an Nvidia card.

it really smoothed out my experience, but it also did that weird lighting thing that makes all the interiors ultra bright which feels a bit like cheating.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
loot is a lot less important than the time most people spend looking for poo poo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if they do zombie mode the blue zone should be a giant zombie wave like in the world war z movie

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Roki B posted:

Or just one as a t rex

please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
also do a detailed score thing at the end of the round