Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The Xbox version of the game looks awful, has a crusty frame rate, and crashes occasionally and yet I can't stop playing it and even won a duos match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I just started playing this game (on xbox bc my pc can't run the game, I bought it but had to get a refund) and even with the performance issues it's such a loving blast. I usually just jump as far as possible from the plane to an unmarked village and loot up and play the edge of the zones. I play duos mostly and so far my friend and we end up in the top 10 about 25% of the time, which seems pretty good. They've patched it twice since release and while the lag and rubber banding is still bad, the frame rate is much more stable now. It just needs some auto aim to compensate for having to use a controller.

What I don't understand is all the folks who rush to poo poo like school or mil base. I mean, I understand it has good gear but I feel like odds are you're going to get wrecked because there's 10 other people there. Is the idea to get a gun as quickly as possible and hope to win the ensuing firefight?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Communist Q posted:

Pretty much. A lot of people, myself included, enjoy high kill counts more than winning so those are great places to go if you want to fight, and possibly emerge geared should you win the fight.

Yeah I figured. That strategy is probably not as viable on xbone just due to how janky it is rn. I guess I prefer a quieter playstyle more than a high kill count. I only had two kills for my only chicken dinner so far. It's easier to let everyone else kill each other and swoop in mop up who's left.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

This game needs tanks

This just makes me imagine if DICE made a battle royale. Battlefield already has probably the best gun play of any game plus great vehicles. All they would have to do is make a larger map, which seems possible in frostbite. Plus it would be nearly as glitchy as PUBG is already, so people would feel right at home. At least it would run well and look so much better than PUBG.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

A game like PUBG with gunplay and polish of a battlefield game would be Too drat Cool

Yeah about that polish. Have you played a battlefield game? This :dice: exists for a reason.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I have played most first person shooters and DICE games are always at the very top of the genre, despite wonky animations or whatever at launch.

Battlefield 1 was so good, lightyears ahead of PUBG

Oh I agree it's ahead of PUBG. I have 13 days played on BF1 and it's probably my favorite FPS ever made. But it has hilarious bugs that pop up every patch. Even a beta version of a DICE battle royale would perform better than PUBG. But I'm not going to pretend DICE doesn't have it's problems with bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

got my first AWM. never found a scope, died in a buggy without firing a shot :argh:

I got a mark 14 and a 15x scope for the first time and destroyed two people and then the game crashed while I was driving and I drove out of the zone and died before reconnecting. The xbone version of the game is so frustrating but so fun that it's worth putting up with the poo poo state of the game.

• Locked thread