Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

If you don't tell your squad when you've found a cool jacket then you're playing the game wrong.

Also, I just started playing on Saturday. I haven't won yet but I've been so drat close. I just finished a game in 2nd because my first shot only grazed my target as he moved behind the only cover in the final circle. Looking back I should've thrown a smoke and moved to a better position. This game is hella addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I was pinned down with the blue on my heels. The guy firing on me was also in the outside of the safe zone but halfway up a hill. I sat behind a tree and awaited my fate. Once the blue passed me I guess he thought he was safe so he turned and started running up the hill towards the circle. I took him out with a single well placed headshot right before I died to the blue.

I love this game.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Team voice still broadcasts public in close range so you can get info from a bleeding guy. Or hear an idiot cough if he's not using ptt

Oh poo poo really? I left Team open mic on after playing some duos the other day. I just assumed it wouldn't do anything if I was no longer in a squad.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Easiest way to test is to turn on open mic team chat and start yelling at people before boarding the plane. If someone tells you to shut up or hurls racial slurs at you then you know it's actually broadcasting.

Will check when I get home tonight.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Switching back and forth between 1st and 3rd is the best thing. 3rd is way better for scouting areas and driving or getting a better view around corners as the camera lets you cheat a bit. 3rd also feels better in enclosed buildings. But for long distance firefights I switch to 1st. Also the loot animation in 1st feels awful.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Tactical hotpants. If they add a FAL or a G3 as weapons I can live out my Rhodesian Bush War fantasies.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Evilreaver posted:

I wish there were at least SOME after-action reports at the end of the game. I love seeing data like that, like "here's the trail you took to the end of the game, where your kills were, the ranges, what damage you took/dealt, distance traveled by foot/vehicle that round (your numbers, average all players, highest/lowest), which weapons scored the most kills that round..."

If I had my way you'd have 10 pages of data you could leaf through at your leisure, but I wish there was at least something.

This is an awesome idea and I hope they implement something like that. I'd love to see a visual representation of the path I took and fights I took part in.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Danyull posted:

I really wish they would add in an indicator of where the first circle is going to be when you're on the plane still. This game is kind of starting to get stale because my only options seem to be either dropping in Pochinki/School or rolling the dice on whether or not I'm going to spend the rest of the game running to catch up to the circle while never having anything but a shotgun and a level one vest. Sometimes if I'm too far from the circle and I can't find a car fast enough to stop this from happening I'll just quit the game right then because it's not fun to be holding Shift+W for 15 minutes straight, stopping only to heal my rapidly deteriorating health.

git gud

Seriously though, check out the map that shows possible spawn locations. There are plenty of places on the outskirts that are safe to drop into and have nearby vehicle spawns.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Same. Every time I die on a motorcycle I just laugh my rear end off. My most recent involved me hitting the tiniest bump going full speed which caused me to cartwheel at superspeed and get thrown from the bike into a tree.

Part of me wants to say it's cartoon physics but I feel like it's almost realistic when it comes to the motorcycle accidents.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I can't believe how long it took me to figure out that hip firing is nearly useless. So many times I'd hipfire and completely miss my target only to have them kill me with a few well placed shots. Seems like that sort of thing should be spelled out. The reticle makes it seem like hip firing should be somewhat reliable. But no.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The blue is the ghost zone. Energy draining ghosts is the only explanation that makes sense to me.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Without an extended mag the vector functions exactly like an uzi at close range. Fewer bullets but more damage on each so it's a wash. But it really shines when you get all of the attachments and can burst fire at medium range. The vector and UMP are my favorite weapons.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm WEEDLORD666 in game and I badly want to duo with WEEDBABYGOKU420 now.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Popete posted:

Wait does the pan block bullets when it's on your back?

Yes. It was patched in. The pan is the best melee item because of that.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I hated fpp at first but now it's the only mode I play. Camera tricks in 3pp just feel dumb and wrong now.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Jumping in this game is really weird. Sometimes I'll try a running jump over a fence and completely miss. But the fence is so low that it seems like you should just be able to step over it. So then in order to jump over the fence you just missed you need to back up and take another running jump. It's like your hands don't exist in this game.

Jumping feels really awkward and most of the time I just go around obstacles instead of trying to jump over them.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Doorknob Slobber posted:

just donate to me instead im hungry

Stop spending all your money on skirts.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Just got my first chicken dinner after an obscene number of games. I managed to get a silenced kar98k early on and found a really nice camping spot facing up a hill with a rock to my back in the middle of the 4th circle. Lucky circle placements allowed me to stay in my spot for a bit and hit people as they ran up the hill past me. I finished the last dude with my UMP as he crouched up from prone to try to spot me.

I've finished top 2 or 3 so many times so it was a relief to finally win one.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I don't play FPP because I am still poo poo in 3PP. :ohdear:

fpp is less punishing than 3pp.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I am so bad at distance shots. I can never hit targets at more than 100 meters. My longest kill was 295m and it was sheer lucky with a few silenced m16 bursts. I'm good at ambushes and sneaking so pretty much every game I play is a lot of action in the beginning followed by a lot of hiding and trying to set up ambushes and get in position for later circles. I rarely take pot shots at people I see more than 100m away unless I can do it completely hidden or turn it into a fight between two people who haven't seen each other yet (this is honestly my favorite thing in the game). I just wish I was as good as other people at distance shots so I could turn those into solo kills.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Confer posted:

I'm sure you know but make sure that you're not using burst mode for long kills. It's better to just use single shots.

I did not know that. I always use bursts for distance shots if it's available. Auto is totally unreliable but it feels like the bursts have less recoil on the m16.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ethanol posted:

Seems fine to me

*stands in front of a shin high wire fence and is completely unable to move past it without backing up and making a running jump*

Yup. Seems fine.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

For a bunch of people who supposedly hate streamers you sure do spend a lot of time thinking about them.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ChesterJT posted:

This is the dumbest argument. "Even though you guys are saying how much you don't like a thing you're still talking about it so you must really like it. Check and mate." :smuggo:

I guess all the crazies in D&D don't really hate Trump because they talk about him non stop. Just tell us your streaming name or which one is your brother already so we can understand why you're so invested in defending their honor.

Reread your post and think about how dumb you are.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Yes. Hit yourself with a flash sometime. You become completely deaf and the screen goes all white for a few seconds. I've never been shot while flashed so I'm not sure if you still see the blood graphics overlaid on the white screen but it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Lemon posted:

It seems really strange for this style of game that you can't rest your gun on a windowsill or railing, unless I'm missing how to do it? It seems really trick to get up close to a window and shoot out of it.

Nope there's no way for a potato to shoot out of a window while crouching.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

What idiot decided 5 points for a kill was a good idea? There's no reason to ever put yourself in any danger.

Instead of 5 points per kill I would award 5 points for the first kill with each subsequent kill award increasing by 5 thereafter.

code:
number of kills
1 2  3  4  5  6   7   8   9   10

current points awarded
5 10 15 20 25 30  35  40  45  50

revised points awarded
5 15 30 50 75 105 140 180 225 275
If the reward for kills increased then a player would have more incentive to seek out kills during the middle game instead of trying to just hide and outlast people because kills literally don't matter in the end. Make kills mean something.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ChesterJT posted:

I don't remember who suggested it but a goon had the idea of making your final rank a multiplier. So like each kill may be 5 points but 2nd place might multiply that by x9 and 8th place might multiply it x2. I thought it was quite an elegant solution.

This doesn't fix the issue. It probably only exacerbates it. Once you're sitting on a few kills you would stop putting yourself in danger in order to hit top 10 to earn the multiplier.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This is kind of a fundamental aspect of the game though - if you want to incentivize folks to get kills, it kinda has to do it within the game rules unless...you want a tournament for a game that's vaguely like pubg but not really because the incentives are all messed up. In the extreme, if the same person wins all 3 matches with 0 kills, they have to win the tournament if you want to call it a pubg tournament. Anything short of that would be like forcing the players to play dota and calling it a wc3 tournament.

You would still get placement points on top of the kill points. So, I'm not sure what the exact numbers are for top 10 but let's say you get 500 points for a chicken dinner. If someone gets 3 chicken dinners with 0 kills they still get 1500 points which is a huge number. In order to match that with just kills using the scale I provided someone would have to kill 15 people per round which would be over 1500 points. So the only thing you need to consider there is if you're OK with giving the tournament to the guy who kills 45 people over 3 rounds and places outside of the top 10 instead of the guy who actually won 3 games without getting any kills.

I feel like this game more than other is more about who makes the bigger impact on the game and I'd be OK with giving the win to the guy who made a 15% impact on player population over the guy who sleepwalks his way into the top 10.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah sorry dude you have to pick one and play that exclusively and make sure to tell people who play the other mode how wrong they are.

This guy gets it. Unironically though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

If you had to be good at a game to have opinions about it this thread would be like two people.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Shayl posted:

SO uh, I love watching this game on twitch but I'm pretty intimidated by actually playing it. Never have. Should I just get over it and buy the drat thing? How do you adjust as a newbie player other than die constantly?

Only 1 person out of ~100 is going to survive each game. You're going to die a lot.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I just won a game that I thought for sure I had lost. After two unsuccessful fights and a round of no ammo hide and seek where I thought for sure I was gonna die, I managed to find an AKM and a 4x which I used to get 4 kills, all at the end of the game, including the last 3 people left. Never give up because it feels amazing when you turn it around after a less than perfect start.

taters posted:

This game produces some of the best video clips ive seen since GTA Online.

https://livestreamfails.com/post/6039

hoooooly poo poo.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Sometimes vehicle deaths are weird. I killed someone the other day by T-boning their buggy going full speed in a UAV. They hopped out to shoot me and immediately flew 20 feet backwards and died. I didn't get credit for the kill. It said they died from falling so I guess the buggy still had some sideways momentum and it tapped them.

Similar thing happened to me this afternoon when I flipped a buggy on a random hill. I thought it had stopped moving so I hopped out and immediately died from falling damage.

Basically never exit vehicles until you know they are done moving. Especially if you were going fast and stopped suddenly.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Bold Robot posted:

Is anyone else occasionally unable to use keyboard controls after jumping from the plane and before pulling the chute? This happens to me about one out of every 10-20 jumps. I can control which way I turn but can't go into a dive. Not a huge deal but kind of a bummer if I've got a plan for my drop and then I have to land somewhere completely different.

Alt-tab out of the game to fix it. I've had it happen a few times and this always seems to do the trick. If you do it quick enough it doesn't even really affect your drop.

edit:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

it happens when I alt tab or hold alt while looking at the map, let go of everything and push alt once to get control back

I'll try this next time too.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Arven posted:

Are these guys headshotting me from several hundred meters away with a k98 while I'm sprinting cheating or just that good? I seem to die to them in roughly half my solo matches. I feel like I'm ducking and weaving and trying not to run in a straight line as much as possible, but I can't say for sure I'm not when I'm hit. The only reason I ask is because it's always headshots.

Are you sure they're always that far away? My aim sucks and I can at least reliably hit people out to 400m with a 4x on a kar. Getting headshot sucks but it happens.

The real problem sounds like you're running through open fields, which makes it that much easier to hit you. Run alongside hills or behind tree cover. Take the long route if you have to. Just don't run through wide open spaces.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

VulgarandStupid posted:

In either case, report everyone for cheating because the button is right there, so clearly they want you to.

Truer words have never been spoken.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's Elo you tardo.

Maybe he was talking about Electric Light Orchestra? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nkzaOPP6g

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ghillie suit and a suppressed m4 is peak laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The best piece of equipment in this game is an awesome pair of fingerless gloves that matches your duster.

• Locked thread