Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

aniviron posted:

B-b-b-buh you just have to drop at school repeatedly and you'll always be amazing!

Never mind the fact that the school's type of combat all takes place at less than 20m with lots of hard cover, unlike the other 90% of the game.

It gets you used to short range shenanigans which is important for any contested early game looting, and gives you good practice learning the big jankey differences in what you think you should be able to hit and what you will actually hit because of the third person perspective(the solution is make heavy use of first person even when queued for third). And not every mid-endgame is going to involve a big open field, eventually you're going to have to try to clear a building and if you've only ever shot at people 500m away through a 4x you're going to suck at it.

The other big thing is that it gets you some practice in with a bunch of different weapons because you don't have the luxury of skipping guns until you find your favourite, it helps players get over the lovely habit of not just picking up the first available gun and swapping to something preferable later on. A ton of players neglect pistols and even shotguns and uzis.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Speaking of the micro uzi, is it worse than the other SMGs? It seems like it is worse than the UMP and way worse than the Vector or Thompson just by the numbers.

I did well with it last night, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke. The Vector seems like it would be great once you get an extended magazine.

"By the numbers" the Uzi has the second highest dps of the SMGs, and has the advantage of actually being reasonably available over something like the Vector, which is far less common and has the additional disadvantage of using an ammo type that is less likely to get stockpiled.

Whether or not something is good depends on what you're trying to do with it and what your options are. It's a really good short range bullethose that has a decent mag size, and so you might not want to take it if you either already have a decent short range weapon like one of the other SMGs or a shotgun.

poo poo like whether or not you have certain attachments that make certain guns more viable to varying degrees matters as well, if you have an extended mag to hand then without such a large margin for error(i.e. being punished less for missing) a vector becomes a much better weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Apartments are as much a trap for other players as they are for you, so instead of being the guy that stomps around and gets caught out because they were too busy slamming doors to hear a guy sneak in, be the guy who does the catching out.

Land at the bottom of an apartment building you see people landing on, get inside, grab a gun, and wait for the loot to come to you(or go and jump them while they're still looking through the upper floors!).

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Parallel Playa posted:

I know nothing about guns. Is that like a 5.56 DMR or something?

Pretty much, yes.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What happened to it?

You can put a grip on it now which makes it pretty incredible for rapid firing.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Also putting a silencer on the s12k makes one of the most bizarre bullet sounds I've ever heard.

PS I got a new computer and it's like night and day. I can see all the buildings and trees and stuff from the plane, not just a splotch of brown!

Suppressor and extended mag makes for a hilarious beast of a weapon, I had a game where I basically got to charge in behind a bunch of guys and take out 3 of them with them being confused as gently caress the entire time, and I've had another where it being a fantastic building clearing gun has gotten me triple kills just by charging in guns blazing.

I don't think you can get it to fire as quickly as the double barrel, but it comes close enough that you can put out really absurd amounts of damage in a tiny amount of time.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Parallel Playa posted:

Yes well I am friends with like 9 of the top EU players and my friends say your friends are full of poo poo

Yeah?! Well PlayerUnknown is my uncle and he says you're all big gay retards so take that!

VulgarandStupid posted:

You sound like someone who should play games on a console. Perhaps an Xbox One X?

This is not nice or smart or clever, I am disappointed in you. :colbert:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Did anyone here get the black square ADS bug and fix it? I've tried, haven't had any luck.

Last patch kinda blows, I've got this annoying ADS bug, performance seems down, and the DOF thing they've added that only seems to kick in when looking at the edges of things loving sucks.

Fog is fuckin neato though.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Nobody likes the red zone, which I get in its current iteration. I don't think it needs to be removed entirely though. If the goal of the red is force players out of a spot on the map, a few tweaks would accomplish that.

The biggest reason the red doesn't achieve its goal is that it isn't threatening enough. Players simply don't respect it, and they don't need to either. Then when they do manage to die in the red, it feels bad because it's like rolling a 1 on a d20. There's an expectation that you'll survive through the red, and when you don't, it sucks. Very RNG.

Instead, the likelihood of dying while in the red should be ramped up considerably. Over the course of a red, it could do damage to 95% (or whatever) of the terrain. If you're outside during the red, you're almost certainly going to die. Increase the damage it does to houses too, so that hiding will probably, but not necessarily, keep you alive, but you'll need to heal. Now when the red appears players are going to know to get the hell out of dodge, because living through the red will be considered remarkably lucky.

You could offset all of that by giving the red a longer ramp up time so people can move, and probably toss in some additional warning sounds (e.g. air raid siren, distinct plane sound) that let the people in the red know they're the target.

I think a better solution would be to have the size of the explosions be much larger without each hit being as lethal, turn it into something that more consistently is able to actually hit players instead of being that ridiculous diceroll instakill. And have the rate of explosions ramp up, so people caught in the center have a reasonable chance of getting away while punishing people that linger or don't take cover.

underage at the vape shop posted:

i played like 350 games before i got hit by red, then it killed me inside of a building

I think they hosed something up a couple of patches ago because until then I hadn't seen red zone killing people through the roof of buildings, before that one would have to get you through a window/door.

hawowanlawow posted:

It's random and unlikely, that is what makes it funny interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTKdQ5JPSU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm now using Logitech Gaming Software to crouch jump for me. Great, Bluehole, you accomplished so much. Just finish working on mantling, already and stop making me run garbage software.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

to hit it as consistently as the bind its hard for me, maybe my fingers are just old i dont know, but some days I can get it when I need to but others not so much

Hitting jump and crouch at the same time isn't something you need incredible dexterity for, just hitting the jump+crouch keys at the same time with your thumb should be enough.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The skill I wish I had the most would be to be able to figure out where I'm getting shot from when I get hurt, instead of whipping the mouse around in a panic and then losing which way is up

If you're playing third person you can see which side you're bleeding from to work it out.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

I mean its almost definitely all 100% legal and poo poo, but hoo boy this is a dick move. Using all the specific engine improvements and tailor made tweaks requested or commissioned or whatever by bluehole to make "kid friendly PUBG that is launching on both XBONE and PS4 next week" before PUBG even hits just Xbone is cold.

If you mean stuff for big open world games with lots of activity allover the map, this is the kind of thing they've been doing since the start of UE4 that has meant games like ARK(Rust/7daystodie with dinosaurs) can be made. It is a dick move to try to shoehorn in an incredibly popular game to try to salvage theirs though.

I assume PubG will be successfully replaced within two to three years by a competitor. H1Z1 and DayZ were basically prototypes, and PubG is the first whack at a commercial release. Somebody else (probably not Fortnite) is going to copy the equation while dramatically upping the production quality and money involved, add in a couple good ideas that PubG inevitably will refuse to, and end up becoming the king of Battleground titles for awhile.

Certainly won't be the first time it's happened. Dota was the the PubG of it's day, and was popular for while, but now Dota2's maximum concurrent player record is something like 1.2m? and LoL's is 13 or 14m?

LoL's success was mostly down to being the first free standalone dotaclone rather than it doing anything to improve the game and then being the most popular was pretty much self-sustaining(they also had those great adverts for the game everywhere, "NO MORE DisconnectionsObvious hackersTotally imba matchesAnnoying leavers), pretty much all the stuff about it that was different was to the detriment of the actual competitiveness of the game, whether it was churning out overpowered characters and then nerfing them after a couple of weeks(after people had paid money for them) or casual friendly stuff like removing gold loss which meant that games were decided by which team had a gold lead at 15 minutes 90% of the time.

PUBG isn't going to get dethroned any time soon, and because it has some of the same sort of insane replayability as things like CS/DotA/LoL I can see it lasting just as long as them before anything close to a replacement shows up.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

Try hitting them next time

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I know grenades are pretty overpowered right now, but I feel like 2% of grenades are successful and the other 98% just announce your arrival so people can prepare for you.

This is mostly down to people not using them properly and just hurling them at buildings willy-nilly instead of trying to sensibly plant them inside certain parts of buildings.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Stealthgerbil posted:

It always felt borderline cheating to me. Giving yourself an advantage that other players don't have.

It's pretty silly that the devs chose forcing graphics options that made the game run so much worse in the name of equalising things instead of changing things in a more meaningful way like extending the render distance of grass or adding more shrubs/bushes to the map and ignoring people using reshade to make players stand out more.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hellsau posted:

NA players will default to AS, EU players will default to NA, AS players will default to RU, RU players will default to EU. Problem solved.

I was queued with goons playing on NA yesterday and noticed way more asian player names than usual, so I'm wondering if this isn't something along the lines of what is actually going on?

Macaluso posted:

Someone in the subreddit made an offhand comment about the Unity store-bought assets in the game. Is that true? If that's the case, have they said anything about planning on replacing everything with their own stuff at some point?

I ask mostly because I haven't really hard much of anything regarding that from people, and usually games using store bought assents get a ton of (I feel deserved) flack that this game hasn't been getting (that I've seen anyway, I'm pretty new to following this game). I mean sure it's Early Access but the game has been around for a bit now

People poo poo on those games because they're usually garbage low effort games which use those assets to get the effort the devs have to put in as close to zero as possible, so that they can churn out another 200 of them. They're the sort of low quality garbage that people have been complaining about clogging up the steam store.

The only reason for anyone to have a problem with store bought assets outside of that is that a dev might be using super high polygon count models that make the game run like poo poo, but as someone else already said they're using simplygon which is supposed to optimise that for them. Anyone else claiming to have a problem has probably only heard about those pesky "unity asset flips" but don't know why they're bad or what the problem is and are hopping on the bandwagon.

Odobenidae posted:

They need to make the speed the blue circle closes at proportionate to the amount of people that are still alive. Since FPP came out I find that in solos it quite often gets down to <30 people by the time the first circle closes and the rest of the match is empty unless you have a car and can go for air drops where you're likely run into people at least.

It's like the opposite of that one clip of some dudes playing in the asia server a few months after early access started and by the time of the first circle closing they notice that there's still 93 people alive :v:

Part of that is I think a cultural thing about how different groups play, western players seem to be more aggressive and willing to take risks while Asian(but chinese especially) players are overly cautious. Dota 2 has a really good example of this from it's big valve hosted tournament where a game with chinese teams facing off against eachother lasted over an hour and a half when games are often half that length, and it was all because neither side wanted to try to make a move against the other unless they were sure they'd come out on top.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTvNyj7vTd8

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Play with the discord goons and you will be carried to a chicken dinner.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Guys, I believe if you look deep within yourselves you will find that China number one.

Taiwan best china!

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I'm curious. Is this based off of any actual information, or are you just speculating?

If they did anything to protect themselves they would not be whining about it in press releases or over twitter, but would be taking them to court or at least talking directly to epic about a breach of contract.

Both Epic and Bluehole come out of this looking bad for different reasons.

I think this was posted here earlier, but here's an Unreal Engine blogpost about the engine improvements that have come about from developing fortnite:
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-improvements-for-fortnite-battle-royale

It is definitely pretty scummy for epic to rip off the game in the way they seem to be, but on the other hand it is really really dumb for Bluehole to expect that Epic would work on making improvements to the engine specifically geared around all the challenges that really high playercounts bring and not make use of things themselves, if for no other reason than to better develop the engine for the sorts of large open map multiplayer games that have been popular for a while now, some of which are already on UE4(PUBG and ARK). Which isn't to say that I think Fornite Battle Royale was an entirely practical and largely charitable effort that only accidentally competes with PUBG too well, I don't doubt that they ripped off PUBG very deliberately because it was popular, but I don't think they intended to steal it's thunder by being so popular and beating it to consoles in quite the way they did.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

TJChap2840 posted:

What is the arbitrary cut off for when Epic can make a Battle Royale game using the optimizations they made to their own engine without being "scummy"? Is it a month, a year..?

This is half of the problem, but wherever people would draw the line for arbitrary dates, I think shoehorning BR into a newly released game that people are somewhat disappointed in as it's clear that an early access BR game is a hit and beating it to the console market is going to be firmly on the scummy side to the vast majority of people.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I work as a paralegal and deal with contract disputes all the time, and I can tell you that a CEO publicly bitching doesn't necessarily mean they did nothing to protect themselves legally. Sometimes people get frustrated, pop off, and then lawyers have to reel them back and tell them it's in their best interest to shut the gently caress up.

You and Vulgar may be right and they didn't do anything, but saying unequivocally that they didn't protect themselves, or that they aren't working with Epic to determine their legal position, because of a couple of artless statements by Bluehole's CEO isn't accurate.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-clarifies-objection-to-fortnite-battle-royale-its-not-about-the-idea-itself-its-about-epic-games/

The TL:DR is that part of what their gripe is is that the company they are paying substantial sums of money to in royalties for use of the engine is now releasing a competing product, and another is that their position on this sort of thing is that you shouldn't just rip off people's ideas, citing how Brendan Greene(Player Unknown) licensed his fleshed out gamemode idea to the H1Z1 devs, and when bluehole were looking to do the same thing they went further and flew him out to korea to hire him as the creative director.

But they're not suing them, they just think Epic is behaving unreasonably and are trying to talk to them about it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Bluehole is trying to make it sound like this "license" is an industry standard thing, when in fact its not common at all and Battle Royale is a completely indefensible game mode.

I don't think they are trying to say it's a standard thing in the industry, I think it's a point about having different standards and levels of respect for people and their ideas and feeling like Epic have made a dick move in competing with and undercutting the product of one of their well-paying(hundreds of thousands of dollars in royalties) clients.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Which company do you think has a better understanding of the contracts they've actually agreed to?
Did you read what you posted? Also there's more to the Bluehole thing that doesn't really have much to do with Bluehole itself, a bunch of folks left NCsoft and tried to get new jobs at a Japanese developer with whom they left portfolios of work to review, which is where the convictions came from. The rest is "guys who work on MMOs get new job working on MMOs" and NCsoft not wanting competition.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just for the record, here's something on the track record for the legal team at Epic:

quote:

Consistent with Epic's counterclaims, the presiding judge stated that Silicon Knights had "deliberately and repeatedly copied thousands of lines of Epic Games' copyrighted code, and then attempted to conceal its wrongdoing by removing Epic Games' copyright notices and by disguising Epic Games' copyrighted code as Silicon Knights' own."
This is the important bit, they lost because after they complained about Epic failing to hold up their end of the bargain they stopped paying royalties and the inhouse engine they claimed to be switching to was apparently cobbled together from UE3.

And Epic's was a two parter in which someone was sued for stealing code while suing epic for failing to provide, which they only got off on because the license had a line that said there was no guarantee that the engine would be fit for purpose, and the judge said that oral guarantees are invalid, and that "promissory representations" don't constitute fraud. So if you were to license the engine on the basis of them demonstrating features that they didn't really have yet and then they lie to your face about what it can and will be able to do and they don't give you it when they said they would you're poo poo out of luck.

The only real legal issue/claim bluehole could make is misappropriation of trade secrets because they don't want to help the competition? But I imagine that their contracts/licenses have a big "If we're working with you to solve some problems we can use anything we learn about how you're trying to deal with things to improve the product as a whole instead of sitting on optimisations and features"-clause.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

I couldn't tell you how many hackers are in the game. It feels like a good amount, definitely enough to cause frustration. But here's thing thing, you have to understand simple mathematics. If there is a cheater, there is a much larger exposure. This is a game where 100 people play at once, 20-40 will be culled at the beginning, but once that is over and you have a guy making 600m headshots on everyone, you still have 60+ people exposed to that. To compare this to Siege, a game that has 10 people in a match is foolish.

I get what you're trying to say about perceptions of how much cheating is going on being affected by how each cheater in pubg gets a huge amount of exposure just by sheer volume of players per match(as well as affecting more people), but you seem to be glossing over what he was actually saying while not actually making any kind of reasonable point out of it, talking about things that can catch them early like sanity checks on something like running across the map like sonic the loving hedgehog.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Clearly cheating is not a problem at all. The aforementioned NA solo board is no indicator of that, nor the fact that our next season is being delayed implicitly because of cheaters. I will repeat, cheating is not a problem.

Is what you think people have actually been saying?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

qkkl posted:

Basically the player position is calculated locally and sent to the server. This reduces the load on the server, but allows speedhacking. I remember in one of the battlefield games ALL player positions were calculated locally, so there was a hack where you can reposition the enemy players where your gun was pointing and kill everyone with a rocket.

I recall there was something about being killed with knives from across the map too.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

daslog posted:

Settings are all on very low. I was not raging when the streak started but people can tilt in different ways.

In terms of choppyness it's hard to tell when you don't have a reference point. I do notice things move slowly when i try to loot. For example if im trying to loot 5 items I have to "reloot" at least two of them because they will snap back to their original spot.

There have been moments where players will just appear out of nowhere and get a shot off before i even see them.

When you're looting by looking at something and hitting F, if you move out of pick-up range too quickly it will not get added to your inventory even though the little pickup animation played, you should hear a sound when picking something up which iirc is confirmation it was added to your inventory. Also get used to looting by hitting tab and dragging stuff into your inventory, it is faster even for single items, is harder to have you interrupt by moving away from something, and you can pick up a ton of things in rapid succession, much much faster than is possible by picking stuff up outside of the menu.

If you're having framerate problems, put "-sm4" into the launch options(right click game in your steam list > properties) and put the antialiasing on ultra.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Does it still open your mic with voice detection enabled instead of push to talk? I'd love to have it on during the game but gently caress having to change the setting every time I unmute after getting out of the plane.

I've had it switch back to voice detection only a couple of times over the last month and someone in the discord group had it happen to them today, it's not completely gone but generally it does seem to stay at what you set it to.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

This is the dumbest solution to this problem I've heard yet

It works well for arma and is better than adding a volume control for vehicle noise because that would also make it harder to hear enemy vehicles.

I feel like bumping up the volume of footsteps a bit would solve basically all of this though.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If you're willing to play at a lower resolution then a 580 will do ok, but only having 8GB of ram might leave you with buildings occasionally not loading in or the odd bit of stuttering/hitching.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Regardless of who I'm playing with, most of the time I find drivers will park 10 or 20 meters away from the nearest structure when approaching a collection of buildings, which is just asking to get gunned down while you run from the vehicle to the side of the house.

The correct parking job is always to handbrake slide the side of the car into the building.

:colbert: The best choice is always to park out in the open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7QVKwWCLc

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If you set it up to record all the audio to the one track it should get around your problem.

Multi-track isn't something you should really bother with unless you plan to actually edit your videos afterwards to mix the mic audio back in to whatever you're going to upload or unless you just really don't want your mic audio in there for whatever reason(bad mic, noisy background, sounding like weedbaby, etc), but in that case you'd be better off just disabling recording your mic altogether.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

qkkl posted:

How prevalent is the damage bug they are fixing next patch?

I've been in a ton of situations where I've lost almost all or all of my health to what looked like chest or head hits that managed to not damage my armour at all.

If you have a level 2 helmet and someone pegging you once with an m16 from 300m away puts you down to almost no health it's a safe bet that you've experienced the bug.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Looten Plunder posted:

OK, I really suck at this game. I've played around 30 or 40 rounds now and I think I've fired a bullet in about 3 of them.

I either land somewhere alone, spend 20mins getting kitted out and running from town to town only to eat poo poo from some dude just chilling in a house or I jump in to a hot zone and run around with no gear cause people beat me into the houses and eat poo poo that way.

Play squad games with the discord goons, you'll have people to watch your back, give you intel, pick you back up when you get shot in the face, and when you die you'll get the opportunity to watch how better players are able to murder dudes(or you'll get to watch the rest of your team get picked apart by cheaters or better placed squads who shoot straighter).

Ehud posted:

Does anyone have good tips on playing in 4 man squads? I'm looking especially for tips and tactics on fire fights. Me and my people always find ourselves on the wrong side of our encounters with other squads.

Know when to disengage, either because The Blue is coming in or because you stand to lose more than you gain from sticking around, like if you're in a situation where you pick off someone from an enemy squad but aren't in a good enough position to finish off the squad and get some loot out of it because the terrain sucks.

I was playing with goons yesterday and someone got so focused on wanting to kill someone off that they basically ignored all warnings about the blue coming in and all the calls to disengage because of it, and lingered long enough to not just get caught in the blue but to get downed by the people he was so focused on, who promptly hopped into their vehicle and went on their merry way into the white, where the rest of us murdered them as they drove in.We died to another squad immediately afterwards

When it comes to hot areas, be willing to drop what you're doing and to come help people out when they say that they've got someone in an adjacent building or wherever. You don't always have to push in for a kill, but your squad ends up better placed to kill someone that pushes for a squaddie and just being there to cover a withdrawal generally ups your chances of keeping more of the squad alive for longer.

Also, always communicate enemy positions, changes to positions, when you lose someone/last known position. And remember to inform specific squad members that someone might know they're there or pose a threat to them, "bad dude 100m NE of me heading X" is fine, but "bad dude 100m NE of me, heading towards you Z"/"Z, bad dude 50m east of you behind <building>" is better.

One of the most important ones is knowing when to hold fire, and another is letting people know where your target is before you start firing. Some people have a terrible habit of just opening fire on every enemy they see, any noise you make basically tells everyone in audible range where you are and if you don't tell your squad what's up then you're going to get your squad killed because you've foolishly alerted the enemy to your position before you alerted your squad to theirs.

lohli fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 24, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Jarmak posted:

Honestly I know it feels janky but much like ARMA I think most of it is actually the lack of responsiveness because of (realistic) inertia to the movement. I like twitchy BF1 style games too but I kinda like the realism angle to this game... it's kinda like someone finally made an ARMA-style game that's actually fun.

Warfare and Life in Arma 2 were fun as gently caress.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Chinese players being problematic due to cheating isn't anything new, there's a cultural thing about how it's only bad if you get caught, and it's fed by a super competitive and high social/parental pressure environment that has people cheating in exams and poo poo to get ahead in life and why China is world renowned for garbage imitation goods that break and sub-standard steel, and that attitude has Chinese players cheating way more than others. The best/worst example of this I remember is in the minecraft zombie game 7daystodie, where if you don't IP range ban china you're guaranteed to have your server griefed to poo poo by hackers constantly.

That cheat developers have a way to have their poo poo advertised built into the game only makes things worse, they should at least filter those names out of the leaderboard lists.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I have yet to be killed by a sonic the hedgehog impersonator that triumphantly chants "Deutschland uber alles"

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

It's weird for you to say that and then post your own video.

Pussy Quipped posted:

So this basically says, hey Chinese game companies dont try to make a Battle Royal game because we wont let you?

They'll ban PUBG under the pretence of protecting the morality of chinese children while giving the chinese devs a chance to get a foothold in the Battle Royale space, hoping that one of the 30 clones in development turns out to be not poo poo.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
You can get the same effect on basically any game that lets you edit config files, not that it makes it a not poo poo thing in the context of this game, but people should probably not freak out about it too much.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Usually not unless they enable an actual cheat. If they are trying to shoot you and your hear the bullet hit the cover between you and the bullet whiz, it means they aren’t seeing the texture on their screen and probably seeing blood splatter but the server knows you aren’t being hit.

I had buildings gently caress up halfway through a game and was able to murder people through objects that should have been there, this is pretty different though and I can imagine hit detection working properly since it's a case of setting poo poo so low that objects don't render unless you're zoomed in on them rather than something that's causing buildings to not load at all, or causing buildings to be offset some amount.

I don't think the server does any "nah you aren't really being hit" outside of the anti-trade system. It would be good if it did because of poo poo like that clip of the guy going around the rock posted earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Starting with a P92, P1911, or revolver seems like it would be a good way to take some of the sting out of poor early game loot, I've seen plenty of games where people get through several houses without even finding a sidearm and then get wiped by 3 guys who got almost fully kitted out as soon as they landed and went hunting.

Though I can see people landing and turning to the sky to kill whoever was just above them being a huge problem if that were added.

• Locked thread