Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Just started playing this, lots of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Got paired up with a guy who seemed like he knew what he was talking about and told me a tactic, tried that tactic my first solo game and won it.

Get a decent gun, vest and a helmet and back pack, stay on the very edge of the white circle in a suitable building and pick people off as they flee the blue line inwards, move in and repeat as the blue line gets to you.

Had some amazing fights, including lots of multiple shooter fights as the safe area got smaller and smaller, its hilarious to see a car careening past fleeing the blue line only to get shot by everyone waiting in the safe area.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Perestroika posted:

That can work, but is also fairly risky in its own way. Essentially, by staying at the edge of the white circle, the problem is that you are forced to move potentially a fairly long distance with each constriction. And in the last three or four constrictions, the area is so small and often open that having to move at all can quickly be a death sentence, particularly if you have to contend with possible enemies both to the front and rear.
That's how I lost my latest game: I had really neat equipment with level 3 armour, an AWM, and a tricked-out SCAR. It was down to just me and another dude in a forested area near opposite edges of the current circle. Circle shrunk towards his side, he was still in it but I far outside, and that was more or less it. I had no more smoke grenades left and my opponent wouldn't peek because he knew I had a sniper. So all that was left for me was to make a break for it and hope to kill him with a snap headshot in the open before he could kill me, which didn't pan out. :saddowns:

Those times we've managed to win so far were basically achieved by getting close to the centre of the circle early on, and then moving as early and little as possible towards each new centre in time. People will still be mulching each other in the outskirts, while you've got the luxury of just having to pick off what's left. That approach is more reliant on having good all-around cover, though.

In these kind of situations, particularly towards the end, I tended to go prone, it seems like it makes you invisible if your behind a bush or small verge.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Wait so you don't hear the bullets source but you hear by how far and where it went past?! Is that realistic?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

This is going to ruin the game unless it can be prevented.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Chard posted:

EDIT: to find this later:

Thanks for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I hope the new smaller map means a shorter jump and more immediate action, getting really bored of all the inbetween action moments.

• Locked thread