Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
After 4 hours of gameplay I have managed to reach the top three for the first time, I know it's not much of an accomplishment but I never play shooters and I got 4 kills in that round compared to my usual 0, so I'm happy :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

After 4 hours of gameplay I have managed to reach the top three for the first time, I know it's not much of an accomplishment but I never play shooters and I got 4 kills in that round compared to my usual 0, so I'm happy :unsmith:

Played some more and watched some videos (Like ChocoTaco's) and while I haven't hit the top 3 again I've started to get at least one kill per game. I've also sorta figured out zeroing so my longest kill has gone up to 165m. I'm still too unsure of myself to try landing in the major areas, but I'm working my way up.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Landing the major areas is the fastest way to get more proficient at basically every important skill in the game. You get practice looting fast under pressure, listening to where enemies are and shooting with every gun in the game.

Good point, I played a few more rounds where I landed in the most populous spot I could, did alright punching out pistol wielders, and pistoling shotgunners (I then immediately died to the other 3+ people with smgs and rifles). Had a slightly longer round where I landed next to a Kar98k, only a red dot scope but I did outsnipe another guy at about 200-250m.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

The sad thing is, you can almost out-revive and out-heal the VSS. I was plinking some guys on the near side of a hill, far enough that I had to use the third ^ to hit them. I kept downing them, then trying to kill the guy who was reviving them. They'd basically get the revive off in time for the reviver to be downed, but with only 10 shots per magazine, piss poor damage and a 4.5 second reload time, I was only to able to get 1 kill despite having downed all 3 at different times.

Yeah the VSS is a bargain bin sniper rifle, but it does come pre-attached, so I think it can be forgiven for not being a good squad killer.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

It's silent as gently caress and uses common ammo so it's basically the perfect weapon for a bush wookiee, which is why I like it.

:yeah: For the same purpose an ump9 can be better, but that requires AT LEAST a suppressor and 4x scope, you'd get a higher zeroing range and much better capacity/reload.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I am in a tunnel with nothing but bullet loops, bullet loops everywhere.

I've won the bullet loop lottery.

Edit: I made it to top 10 with nothing but 5 bullet loops in my inventory.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea the seem pretty normal. They like to rage a bit, but who doesn't rage at this game :shrug:

I don't, I get 5 bullet loops and I'm like, okay, this is a sneaking mission.

• Locked thread