Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
My guess for the new gun is a G36C/K

E: probably C. No one seems to like the K variant other than me.

Soarer fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Loving the stats reset. Managed to chicken dinner twice in squads with another #2 duo placement.

Funny part is my friend that whiffed all his shots on the last guy in the duo died within 10 min of the dinner rounds and we dragged his corpse to victory. Haha guess we found the weak link in the squad.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
From the last update he said he was going to be travelling extensively, are people assuming this is vacation? Could have sworn I read a couple days ago about him talking about starting a fairly aggressive convention circut. There are quite a few events coming up as far as cons. Gamescom, Twitchcon and PAX Prime off the top of my head.

Efb

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Well it's discouraging to hear the lag issues from the test server last night migrated to live. I was hoping it was isolated to the test server since I assumed they kept it smaller and it was getting hammered from everyone trying to play FP.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
So what happened to the reconnect option? It worked on the test server but I haven't seen it pop up after my game crashes post patch.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

ethanol posted:

I loaded in without buildings in duos fpp and I used it to walk between walls with an auto shotgun and avenge my fallen friend and then drive a car through buildings am I gonna be banned now? :ohdear:

My friend got this last night also. I died early and was able to spectate him while he just drove a buggy through school and Rozhok. High point was him running a guy over while blasting through buildings. Then all his stuff loaded. He hits a wall, stops, and his game crashes.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0w1gpIlEPg

Soarer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 6, 2017

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Checked out tacos stream tonight. Enjoyed watching him and he gives some good tips. Plus the chat doesn't scroll at a million miles a minute with memes.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I'm surprised the game even runs with SLI

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Play a game I like and get steam bux to buy more rocksmith songs? Sign me up

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I'd be really interested to see the user stats on FPP vs TPP both when FPP first came out and now. I'm sure there would be a huge spike in people trying FPP when it first launched but right now it would be neat to see the user base break down between the two game modes.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Just got my first chicken dinner after an obscene number of games. I managed to get a silenced kar98k early on and found a really nice camping spot facing up a hill with a rock to my back in the middle of the 4th circle. Lucky circle placements allowed me to stay in my spot for a bit and hit people as they ran up the hill past me. I finished the last dude with my UMP as he crouched up from prone to try to spot me.

I've finished top 2 or 3 so many times so it was a relief to finally win one.

Nice job! :hfive:

Just got my first FPP chicken dinner tonight too. An UMP also cinched me the win. Ending was at the 3 warehouses between hospital and Georgie.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Why are there so many people rabidly opposed to push-to-talk? I have some irl friends who get mad at ME when i say I don't want to hear their keyboards pounding away at max speed, or their dogs barking in the background, or their babies crying. Like actually MAD when I mention that I can't heard poo poo because of their loving loud-rear end background. What the gently caress? It's not that hard to just press a button when you want to talk.

I also encountered this with my play group. To a one they all use open mic. We have dumb friends.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Goffer posted:

7am to 3pm seems like a poor time to stream.

I'd actually watch a lot more. I put streams on off to the side while I work but when I get home I prefer to actually be playing the game so I don't usually watch his stream.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

wolrah posted:

I love my browns in my K95. I do most of my work on the command line in between shitposting and they feel nice for that, while still feeling reasonably quick when I'm being bad at video games in the evening. My housemate has a K70 with blues and if you do a side by side comparison the difference is very noticeable but day to day I apparently tune it out pretty quickly.

I've got a K70 with browns and I think they are great. I got to try all of their keyboards before buying and the browns seemed like the perfect compromise.

I think BestBuy carries Corsair now. Might be worth it to see if they have any display models you can hammer on to get a feel.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Figure I might as well post a video I made of a couple of funny clips. Excuse the breathing. I can't seem to figure out a position for my headset mic that doesn't pick it up.

https://youtu.be/ZKuK9DJNKaI

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

ded posted:

The position to use is 'push to talk'.

I am using PTT for discord and during recording to activate the mic. :cripes:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

VulgarandStupid posted:

There are settings for whatever you are using to record that you can change. It’s not Discord recording.

No I know that. I have to fiddle with plays.tv more, although I'm not sure how extensive their mic setting are. Or maybe just nix the headset mic and finally use my Yeti.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Took down a speed hacker just a bit ago. The real icing on the cake was this game ended with a chicken dinner.

https://youtu.be/nEGAsgjoSzs

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Someone point out how to spot it, please?
I don't see how. Dude was just juking back and forth into cover?

In the heat of the moment I didn't even really catch it at the start where he zips left after downing my team mate. Near the end where he zips left really fast while crouched behind the bush was what made me double take and bookmark the recording.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I've encountered hackers on FPP and TPP. FPP was super blatant. Out pacing us on foot while we were in a car and headshotting all of us with a KAR in back to back shots kinda poo poo.

People do cry wolf though. Constantly have to set a guy I play with straight because according to him its hackers every game.

I always thought they preferred TPP because of more vision. If you have an auto aim hack you can just move and spin the camera around with alt. Harder to get snuck up on and shot in the back in TPP than FPP.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Hahaha I had a similar thing happen to me. I've rewatched it several times and I still don't know how I hit him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veJLXhWlwsk&t=205s

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

:negative:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Chopstix posted:

Also proceeds to crash and burn the vehicle he's driving.

Speaking of crashing and burning...

https://youtu.be/7TZDo8cE7eg

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I'm really enjoying this new map. It plays differently and I really love the more varied topography. There are still open areas and less trees for cover but I haven't found it to be that aweful.

Really hoping that some of the lag and rubber banding clears up when they move to the live servers. It did feel similar when FPP was testing and everyone flooded over to the test servers to try it.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Also keep in mind this is a game where even when you get better at it, you don't really feel like you're improving because it will keep moving you up in the rankings and matching accordingly.

I sometimes wonder why I'm playing like poo poo all of a sudden and then the leaderboards reset and I feel like an invincible god for a couple of matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I think I remember hearing 12/20 was their date for 1.0 going live. Have they said anything recently if that's still the plan?

• Locked thread