Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The dev seems to be very good at working and says he plans on full release in 6 months, and almost everything they'll be working on from now until then is optimizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

There will be A first person only gamemode at some point soon

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The shotgun with a choke (especially​ the 2shot one) is basically a rail gun. If you can't find a rifle, use that.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's not because you're jumping, it's because you headshot them. Take a look at the people near the start of the match. If you win slightly above their head you can headshot them standing.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i did it boys

this ones for u weedbabygoku420

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Won my second one, the game after my first win. gently caress yeah.

No more brag posts, I just thought it was interesting to win 2 in a row after no places higher than fourth since it came out.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 28, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tbh this game is really only good for streaming in duos. In squads there's too much chatter and in solo there may be too much downtime.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The crates reset each week

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

taqueso posted:

Can a 940M handle this game (shittily)? My friend wants to play on his laptop.

Maybe but not well. I'd wait until their first optimization pass in April. My laptop has an i5-7300HQ and a 1050 Ti and with everything on low I still had moments where it dipped into 20 fps.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

is there a way to have crouch not be a stupid toggle?

i also really hate the right-click 'tap' to ADS, doesn't seem intuitive at all

theres an option to hold down right click to ADS instead, and also for crouch to not be a toggle I THINK

I don't like them slowing down the circle, it promotes camping the edge of the circle even more which is what 90% of people were doing already.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You probably can't survive indefinitely, but it's more forgiving than it should be in the final stages. I've started lingering on the edge/just outside to get in behind people because I'm tired of having it happen to me. Pop a boost and you're pretty much good to go.

Doesn't feel at all in the spirit of the game.

And now he just made the circle closing speed even slower, because of big streamers complaining that they die to it too often.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Speed isn't the issue. It's that you can make a calculated decision to travel through the "unplayable area" to avoid or attack others.

I've considered this could be an additional strategic layer, but I personally don't find that idea especially compelling.

lategame running outside the circle will take 1/5 your hp every second or so.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im talking like last 2-3 circles.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Soon he said they will be adding bullet penetration on houses and also a first person only mode. Then the days of sitting in the tiny shack and being able to see all around you will be over.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You actually get a small movespeed boost if 2 bars are full and there's anything in the third. I believe it's a little faster if you have some in the fourth bar. Also you heal faster for each bar filled.

And some people claim that the last bar gives you recoil reduction but I have no idea.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man, I love this game. There are some issues, but the developer seems to be very active and hardworking.

The best part is just firefights in mid-lategame. It just feels... good.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They released a 13mb patch a few hours ago and a 500mb one an hour ago. Since the 500mb one I've had much less lag but Ymmv

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

they reset each week

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Doorknob Slobber posted:

video games should be like real life blah blah blah, oh wait no they shouldn't

Actually there's a more arcadey version of this game called h1z1 if you wanna check it out.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

dev already said there would be a killcam for 5~ seconds in solo i think

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's pretty normal to see between 26 and 31ish teams. Lots of people queue as 3

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Player unknown said they would be adding both new maps and also the ability to shoot through thin walls.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ctrl T is the toggle mute function

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Orv posted:

The most incredulous part of that is that you took like, two damage. We once had entire care full of people take 30% HP loss going through a chain link fence. :argh:

Yeah, I was driving. Some chain link fences break easy, some of them chunk your car and nearly kill everyone. Seems fair. :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You can't shoot through walls (yet), only doors. He said they will add wall penetration sometime.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

if you're aiming that well aim for the head. otherwise center of mass

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Stalber is super abandoned but the circle closed over there one time and it was super interesting watching everyone try to climb the mountain to the ruins.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hell, same

edit: to dying on barriers, not being a rager

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 12, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am the opposite of most of you here. Probably 80% of my games are squads or duos but I only have 1 win out of those. In solos I've played like 15~ games and have two wins.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

3rd person was such a perplexingly stupid decision for this game.

a first person only mode is coming

someone probably says this once per page

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How do I turn mouse smoothing back off?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

The circle system as a whole discourages long term camping. I tend to avoid compounds/cities when the circle doesn't force me into them, outside of the looting phase, of course. I'd still continue to do that in first person only servers.

In any case, this argument is getting a little tiresome. Clearly 3rd person will never get taken away, but first person only will be added in the future. Your crusade to convince everyone that first person only is the way to play all video games because a Youtube poster made a video about it is falling on deft ears. I don't think anyone is failing to understand what makes the 3rd person perspective so strong, but as long as it is a level playing field who cares?

Because the gameplay of standing behind a tree and seeing where people are without any risk is not interesting to me.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just made it to top 3 in a squad of 3 random people. I had 9 kills and I'm pretty sure the other 2 people had at least 6 each.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Athanatos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7zBBePbU4

The hungry buggies circle their prey, waiting for their next meal; blood on their mind, but frightened away by the bigger dominate king jeep.

nice video

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i like the micro uzi for close range more, especially with extended mag.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I appreciate the 2x scope and I will likely never use a dot after I have one. The 4x was just a little too zoomed in for close range imo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A 10/22 would be good and would be weak vs armor.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Actually the level 3 makes your model pretty huge. I usually Stick to a level 2

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nothing is more frustrating than dying in the top 5 to a guy who is outside the circle behind you and who dies instantly after. Pretty lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

if everything ran great borderless windowed why would you ever want it running fullscreen. i am addicted to alt+tab

• Locked thread