Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Had a pretty good first night last night.

I avenged TCJimbo's early death by single highhandedly (though through his glitchy quiet mic he gave me hotkey and mechanical advice) semi-Ramboing my way to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

ChickenMedium posted:

I don't think Bluehole is making a copyright kind of case here. I think it's more of a "You took our money for the Unreal engine license and now you're directly undercutting our product" theory.

I mean its almost definitely all 100% legal and poo poo, but hoo boy this is a dick move. Using all the specific engine improvements and tailor made tweaks requested or commissioned or whatever by bluehole to make "kid friendly PUBG that is launching on both XBONE and PS4 next week" before PUBG even hits just Xbone is cold.

Also I got a :

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
There's two big plus sides people are forgetting about the incoming age of Battle Royale games/modes :

1 - Battle Royale modes REQUIRE dedicated servers, so hopefully the age of peer to peer competitive shooters starts dying.

2 - 100 player for Battle Royale modes. Nobody is going to put in the effort for a Battle Royale mode and be called out for not being able to do the jump from 64 players to 100.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

fletcher posted:

I thought it might be useful if they showed quantity indicators for commonly shared items:

What do you think?

I want that but for scopes. I was playing with a goon and it turned out he was hiding an 8x scope he wasn't using on either of his guns for some reason while I know we had at least one sniper haver on our team.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
It turns out that a game that heavily relies on reaction speed and positioning isn't one that you should let be too forgiving to super high ping individuals.

Even excluding peak chinese hours, it's still the most popular game on steam. Make no/little concessions for high ping individuals, and if they want a better experience they can play on their own servers.

• Locked thread