Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao this game doesn't have reconnect? are you loving serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that should've been literally the first thing added after matchmaking. actually before tbh. i lost a squad chicken dinner to it and it was the game's fault crashing (crashed as i added a red dot sight while we had a building secured that ended up being in the final safe area).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 31, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zo posted:

the funny thing is there is already reconnect in this game. you can reconnect to custom lobby games. the feature is 100% programmed and implemented, just not turned on.

whyyy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fletcher posted:

Would there be any ways for players to abuse a reconnect system? I can't think of any.

nope.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hamelekim posted:

As for the paid chests. If that means everyone gets future content for free, I am all for it. Otherwise you split your user base even further with dlc content.

orrr you just keep producing content because you made insane money selling the game itself??

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that isn't giving it away for free!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no game that you buy should have microtransactions. you get to do that if your game is free like dota 2. gently caress blizzard. gently caress these guys.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RizieN posted:

Also, why the hate on microtransactions? Most of the cosmetic gear in this game is stupid as gently caress and probably will continue to be. Why would I want my babe to look like a school girl? So you can loving see me from miles away while you're crouching in a bush? I guess if you can buy better camouflage it'll be a problem and have a certain "pay to win" aspect. But did you see the twitch prime clothes? gently caress man... what a nasty stupid ugly loving thing.

in apb i made my guy a hard gay cop and i'd like to relive that magic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

abigserve posted:

Micro-transactions are here to stay, forever, because for all the forum posts, yelling and "boycotts" people love that poo poo. They specifically like paying for cosmetic items because it attaches an inherit value to them. Take away the CSGO economy and see how many people give a poo poo about knife skins.

it's still objectively bad. and i say that as someone who made 400 bucks off dota 2 (but again at least that game is free).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like those gambling systems because it took down one of the most annoying league streamers (who i guess went to cs:go?) the dude looked like wayne static in the 2010s why did he think his hair and beard were acceptable (phantomlord for the curious). he and some other dude ran one of those sites and made videos pretending like they were playing on the sites without any connection to them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mic should be open when you're near peeps. the best part of the failed cops n robbers mmo apb was being a cop and using less than lethal weapons to disable someone and hearing them bitch on their mic as your handcuffed them. one of my first games of pubg i disabled someone with a shotgun and as they crawled around they screamed MERCY MERCY and i just went "no." and ended em.

that fov is hosed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's my thinking tuning into any top stream apart from drdisrespect. the top hearthstone streamer is an ugly guy with a bad voice and no personality. the logic of the twitch horde escapes me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DrGreatJob posted:

Yeah, I messed with it. It's just garbage so my brain doesn't like processing it. I can play any other FPS with no issues, hell, I have a Vive and can play VR with smooth movement in games no problem. This is the first time I've ever felt like throwing up because of a video game.

the default borderlands fov on pc was so loving bad i quit after half an hour. was like the character was sticking their neck out all the time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah text sniping is a bannable offense. close your eyes next time pls.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fletcher posted:

Does anybody else find all the bitching about streamers to be way more annoying than the streamers themselves?

no.

Hamelekim posted:

It's basically a wall hack.

it's not.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they should focus on optimization and netcode imo.

suuma posted:

What a world, I can broadcast myself playing the game and then when someone watches me play and kills me they'll get banned :lol:

gotta keep the rich-for-doing-nothing babies happy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Parallel Playa posted:

The server issues coinciding with the release of the paid crates is hilarious. Reddit's going to be a shitstorm.

E: even more so

paid crates shouldn't have been put in until the game was actually finished. my computer should be able to run this effortlessly on all ultra settings and i get lots of framerate poo poo even on mostly medium.

TJChap2840 posted:

Irony in a bunch of streamer hating babies calling streamers babies is thick in here.

that isn't irony. calling a lovely thing lovely isn't being a baby lmao

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 3, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TJChap2840 posted:

It is when you act like a baby while doing it.

nobody did lol

Macarius Wrench posted:

I would watch a billion hours of people streaming videogames on twitch before watching one episode of whatever bland, boring, uninteresting tv show, filled with vapid talentless hacks is the flavour for this specific month.

source quote.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why is falling damage barely a thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

because who likes falling damage???

I was downed on a 3 story roof and crawled off the edge to fight again, it was hilarious.

because i have to wait for my vehicle to come to almost a complete stop or i'm auto knocked down.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it really should've been a first person game from the get go.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

I get the argument that it's early access and people buy in with the understanding it's a WIP, but releasing an update for a game that is significantly worse than the previous version is not a good look. They obviously don't have to delay patches but you should have some pride in the product you're putting out there. If they had just said "we're having some significant issues with the latest patch and will be delaying it for x days", would anyone have really cared?

i'd have zero issues with it if they didn't add paid crates. that poo poo shouldn't be added until release (really never but whatever). they have plenty of money to run this poo poo until it's done.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

game shoulda been an fps from the get-go.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this game woulda been the goat had they built it from the ground up as first person. the duct taped together mode is already more fun to play but holy poo poo is it annoying to crouch at a broken wall that you could shoot past in third person but keep nailing the wall trying to shoot someone on the first person server.

nachos posted:

Had my first rain match, owns

yeah i wish that poo poo happened more often. it's great atmosphere.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 5, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man i dunno why this game is so laggy for me. it's not graphics stuff i get the network lag message. i've never had trouble playing any other game. makes it so each encounter is a dice roll.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Taffer posted:

Yeah it's been really bad recently. I was playing a squad game a couple hours ago and we all got kicked because the server died.

it almost seems like it's on my end since the people i'm playing with aren't getting it at the level i am. i don't have incredible internet but it's more than fast enough to handle any game and i've legit never had issues like this in anything else.

i watch streamers and they have very little hitchin and i'm mad jelly cuz it makes the game frustrating as hell to play.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol like any gamer games on wifi.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

happyhippy posted:

You US or EU?

Am in EU and it looks the EU side has a worse lag/latency than the US does.
So US streamers can ain and get one shot headshots, while we aim for the head from 3cm away and still miss.

i'm on us and checked my ping/jitter/packet loss after my games last night and i'm in the clear on everything. it's frustrating as hell because i don't play video games much but this one has me hooked.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ihmemies posted:

There's 0-1ms of difference in ping with cable and wifi. What is so bad when using wifi? I get the same download speeds with cable on my pc and wifi on my phone even.. so if there is no difference in bandwidth and ping, what is it? Can the wifi's nature of half-duplex somehow affect gaming performance?

interference and lost packets me boy.

i feel like the first circle needs to do more damage. it's kinda lame people can loot forever in it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you think they'll rescale player characters for first person? it's kinda weird they didn't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I've never seen him even over 30k, qtpie, sodapoppin, lirik all don't even get close to 40k concurrent viewers. His peak viewer count ever was 40,939, highly doubt hes getting what you say

drdisrespect is actually entertaining unlike all the other top streamers so i'm glad he's the king now. i never got why any of the other guys had such huge followings.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RizieN posted:

I think some people like the pure skill over the character. Some people like Dennis Rodman and others like Mike... just personalities I guess. It's cool that bland nerds can still make a living though, because I think if most of twitch tried to do characters it'd be pretty cringey most the time. There are some people where I'm wondering... why is anyone watching this poo poo let alone throwing money at it? Ninja annoys the gently caress out of me, he has such good skill but he's the most annoying high school sounding kid ever. "BRO BRO BRO LIKE WHAT DUDE LIKE COME ON WTF DUDE OMG BRUH YOU DONT EVEN KNOW" Maybe he just needs to lay off the uppers or something...

the best pubg streamer is that british guy that whines about backseat gaming to the point he has his mods hand out 24hr bans for anyone even joking about it ("lol dude you missed a broadsword") and is too stupid to realize bitching about it is going to make people do it more.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Walrus posted:

anyone else with abysmal performance today? it's fine in the lobbies but as soon as there's more than two people on screen in-game it's a slideshow. the fps is fine but people are skipping all around.

i've got poo poo performance except for the first day i played this game (the sunday before last). whenever i land it takes a good 10-20 seconds for me to actually be able to do anything and most every fight is a coin toss (i pretty much only win if i have a shotgun close quarters). it is INSANELY frustrating. literally no reason i should have any issue running this game with zero lag.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

I feel like this is one of the better games for reflecting on what hosed you over post game

i gotta disagree owing to the lack of killcam.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Helter Skelter posted:

If you need a killcam to figure it out, the answer is likely "I had inadequate cover".

yeah.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Killcams are huge crutches in every single game they're in

nah.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 9, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LOL that power options change actually fixed the lag issue i've been bitching about (at least for the match i just played). what the gently caress.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why would that cause network lag.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gealar posted:

Have you ever been around a fan or light that dims/slows down when something power intensive comes on the same circuit? Same idea for the computer. Something kicks on that requires a bunch of power and it slows down the rest as power is diverted.

literally never happened in any game ever before.

but man does that make a world of difference.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol suppressors own so much. 7 kills my first game with one. helps that i'm not lagging constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fknlo posted:

Don't most of the top streamers have a silencer on whenever they have one? Seems to be that way in what few I watch on occasion.

yes.

• Locked thread