Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

A week in and it's pretty amazing that the tryhards haven't broken the gameplay yet.

I think the collapsing blue circle has something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I was watching Summit1G's stream a couple days ago, it was difficult to have audio on while doing it because he'd be whining in an ear piercing note constantly, audio off wasn't bad.

When my buddy and I see a lot of other players jump out of the plane at the same time as us we create as much distance to others as possible, getting into early fights just isn't worth the risk of the other guys getting the good guns first.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The only thing I learned from voice chat is China is #1.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

Avoiding contact until late game is definitely the only thing approaching a meta strat this game has. Though, skirting the circle does leave you open to getting wrecked by players who camp the circle and/or get lucky with drops and circle placement. My squad usually tries to stay in the circle as deep as possible at all times because moving is bad and you should feel bad for going across open ground.

It's really down to what you feel comfortable with. Both sides have pros and cons.

Yeah, sticking outside the blue circle early game doesn't hurt too much especially when you're all decked out in gear and 50 bandages. Last night, the driver in my group crashed our car right when we finally made it into the circle, and another squad opened up on us immediately, it was a bloodbath. Please drive safe out there, guys.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Does that trick work from all cars and seating positions?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

if my whole team dies in team play I just hop in a car and drive around like a maniac until I die or the gas runs out

I find that sticking it out lone wolf in a squad match has some benefits, like you won't attract a whole lot of attention, and you don't need to split up the loot you find.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Right now grenades suck because they're the only way to deal with dudes camping in a shack, I hope we'll be able to send some rounds through thin walls at some point.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If you're close enough to get hit by all the pellets you should go down.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Perestroika posted:

The takedowns look cool and everything, but I can't think of a more superfluous addition to this style of game. So far I've managed to get within touching distance of an enemy exactly one time, and that was mostly just because I wanted to see just how oblivious the guy could be (the answer was very).

I can't count the number of times someone has entered a building I've been camping, having a humiliation kill would be nice when I don't have a frying pan on me at the moment.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Afkmacro posted some instructions on how to increase your FOV a few pages back.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

This is the best of what we got right now, people who love this genre are willing to overlook the problems. Either PUBG will be optimized or something better will come along, the demand is obviously there.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mesadoram posted:

M16 burst is crazy deadly up close. It shreds people in seconds, it's wonderful.

And with an ACOG scope it's a great long range weapon.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If you drive a vehicle against a thin wall someone in the car can shoot through it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Kar98 is good even if you don't get headshots, the majority of late game combat revolves around peeking behind trees and rocks for a quarter second, and that bolt action rifle suits that style well.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

quote:

Adjusted the volume of the footsteps
What does this even mean, are they louder, quieter?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

He's turning lag mode on, teleporting enemies to him, shooting them, and turning lag off. If he never toggled the hack's lag mode they wouldn't have remained after the teleportation. That hack isn't really moving the players, it's just giving the hacker a chance to get cheap shots.

That lag mode has some chances to mask your nefarious deeds such as peeking around corners without ever getting shot in return.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/BeautifulRudePandaSaltBae

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I tend to hang in the outside edge of the circle if it's along a cliff or beach.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

learn to love yr 686 w/ a scope

I'm pretty sure the 686 can't have a scope, you can put a choke and bullet loops on it, would be nice though!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyDependableEelMrDestructoid

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

EDIT: But something like this is not necessarily teaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNydZuH04kY

I have grabbed a car with another unarmed dude, and he dropped me off at another car.

I agree, being in someone else's car doesn't mean you're buddies.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I don't think I've ever intentionally set foot in pochinki or rozhok. Is either town actually worth fighting in or is "long parachute or car/boat to zharki/lipovka/primorsk/novo" better

They're good towns. Sometimes you'll be surprised how few players will visit towns on the direct flight path.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringSnappyTigerChefFrank

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

eonwe posted:

ive played like 20 or 30 games split between solo / pub queue and i havent won yet

im a bad :(

Play passive until you know 100% you can go for a kill and get away with it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Click it, don't hold it down.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Another way to look down the sight or scope is to press V to toggle first person, and ADS should work then.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Never any survival meters like hunger or thirst. Never.

Agreed 100%.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Knifegrab posted:

God I hope they make hardcore servers a priority

I hope they add the FOV slider first, I can't stand how narrow the view is in first person right now.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

What the fuuuuck man.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Speaking of loud vehicles, they need to tone down the braking sound volume, it's freaking LOUD when I'm in the car, maybe they can just lower the volume for players in the vehicle and keep it loud for others.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I like to steam to Twitch and just watch my own past broadcasts on my free time when I'm not at home, it lets me criticize my mistakes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Why are ACOGs so rare now? I could swear they were more common a few weeks ago prior to that last big patch.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Gunder posted:

Is there some secret to locating AR suppressors? Every fucker seems to have one after the 30 remaining mark has passed, but I seldom ever find them.

Suppressors spawn literally everywhere but are hard to see on the floor sometimes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedPopularHornetKeepo

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Yeah, OBS. I didn't like how Shadowplay works at all.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

What's your upload speed? I'm streaming 1080p 60fps at 6 megabits.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

qkkl posted:

Is this game mostly finished, with only bug fixes being made until it's ready for a full release? Or are they planning to add new features like the a death cam that shows how you died?

They do plan on adding a new gun every month prior to the official release.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I hope all LMGs they add remain crate-only like the M249 cause that thing is too good to find in a building.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: though I suppose this could just be people who haven't figured out that you can toggle between group/all voice chat? I can't recall ever meeting people who used ingame voice until I switched to the NA servers, so I'm not really sure how that works

Switching the in-game voice chat to team only doesn't do anything about silencing yourself to enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyClumsyTaroBlargNaut

• Locked thread