Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Are there any bugs with this game and audio with headphones? I use bluetooth headphones and I feel like I can barely hear any footsteps. Once in awhile I will hear the super-quiet pattering of footsteps (and have no idea which way its coming from), but for the most part I won't hear anything just chilling in a house and then somebody will step out of a room from a foot away and blast me with zero sound indications that somebody was here or walked in.

Edit: top post on the PUBG subreddit is 'Directional sound is awful'

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

is there a way to have crouch not be a stupid toggle?

i also really hate the right-click 'tap' to ADS, doesn't seem intuitive at all

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

theres an option to hold down right click to ADS instead, and also for crouch to not be a toggle I THINK
if these options exist, they elude me

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

i want this game to have a survival mode :/

that's right i wanna look for tuna cans and bottles of water without an anxiety inducing blue ring suffocating me

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Won my first 4-person squad with completely random people I was matched with that went better than any goon groups (no offense) I've played with. We won with all 4 players still alive. Best part was taking out 3 different people in 'water town' who couldn't find a way out of the water. Worst part was when I got startled by a teammate running around a corner that I blasted point blank with a shotgun round, at least I was able to revive him.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

some of the earlier stages where the blue circle moves, the circle should move slightly lower than your sprint speed so you can at least catch up, for the love of god

the later ones are fine because you can race a little bit faster than the circle in a car and you shouldn't be that far out anyway

that's my worthless opinion

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

what happened to the patch?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Also, has anyone else got the 15x yet?

I thought that was a myth...

It baffles me that this game has a bunch of guns and items that I haven't actually ever seen in game. Why is there a prohibition era Tommy gun in the lobby? Is that actually in the game?

I found an 8x scope today in a random apartment and it felt as though I was carrying the Hope diamond.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

i haven't played with the new audio patch, but everytime i play I fear the moment i'm going to jump the gently caress out of my seat when I get shot at. It can be completely silent with birds chirping and then your dude will suddenly scream AGHHh at about 15x the normal volume and no shot/bullet sounds. it's about as annoying as cheap jump scares in movies

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Bhaal posted:

Really enjoying this even though I was terrible at DayZ.

• Team mode (server split into 2-3 large groups, each in their own plane that drops off in its own path). Could make for some memorable, narrative-serving moments as you link up with your allies, get caught in skirmishes with them, involuntarily split apart as a result of a firefight gone bad, etc.

This would own. Have everyone spawn with a red or blue helmets depending on teams, have the planes pass close to each other in opposite directions so you can choose to drop behind enemy lines. have guns mounted on the cars. be able to choose a loadout, break everyone out into 4 person squads, your reward would be a crate with garbage loot, and then change the name from battlegrounds to battlefield

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

cheating can really gently caress over this game so i did some research instead of being productive at work. somebody in this thread mentioned how easy it is to to edit textures to make them transparent and repackage the texture libraries in the unreal engine using photoshop. since im im a graphics person I looked into it and and i have no idea what that guys talking about. i read a few things pulled up from google, and doing this pretty much requires you know how to gently caress around with code, unreal engine, and some other devious/specialized poo poo. there were a few forum posts about programmers talking publically about reverse engineering the code and using cheats they made from previous unreal games inside Battlegrounds (with proof), but were not sharing. I'm glad that poo poo is not public (at least not as far as I searched) and sounds rather complicated unless you know your way around code. I could not find any websites actually selling any cheats.

there was only one website that said it's in the works and will be released soon, and at least 30 pages of entitled shitbags demanding a cheat be released

i'm glad I at least got to play this game before it's ruined by cheaters

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Sdoots posted:

As others have said, it uses BattlEye.

Sounds right. A lot were complaining how hard, if not impossible, it was to get around Battleye. Does PUBG have global announcements?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

This game goes from a casual goofball fest to the most tense stressful thing I've ever played once I'm in the top 15. I like legit have to take a break after breaking top 10 because my heart rate goes through the roof.

Same. My Fitbit monitors my heartrate and congratulates me on working out...
In the same vein, I thought I could pop an Adderall to give me some focus but I think I almost went into cardiac arrest.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

succ posted:

Anyone have advice on sound? I want it up loud enough to hear footsteps, but not loud enough to get my eardrums blown out when I get unexpectedly shot.

i can't find a balance. i want to hear footsteps but that will inevitably lead to bleeding ears/heart attack when I get shot at. why is the goddamn damage grunt so loving loud

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

I'm confused AF, is there custom servers or not? there are people in this thread talking about joining custom servers with passwords and poo poo, but as far as i know there is no server browser or option to play on custom servers?

also, does anyone notice any sound issues with headphones? i have the new Bose QC bluetooth headphones, and im starting to wonder if sound is getting messed up with headphones vs speakers. was in a game between two buildings and could hear somebody inside but could not tell from what direction at all, or what floor. i felt like it kept switching from in front of me to behind me so i kept doing frantic 180's looking for some body. i never heard even heard him leave the houses even though i'm in earshoot of both doors, was it a ghost? maybe it has something to do with sound settings in windows (surround sound, speakers, idk), or I'm an idiot

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

making GBS threads stars posted:

Never used it myself, but when you go to start matchmaking there is an option for 'Custom Match' underneath 'Solo', 'Duo', 'Squad', etc.

They really need to work on the starting page/matchmaking as it is not very intuitive plus at least one person always forgets to queue up before each squad game.

pressing it doesn't do anything for me (won't find servers)

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Finally got my chicken dinner. I was going to lose my mind if I didn't win at least one solo. All it took was randomly finding a loot crate drop in the middle of the ocean while I was trying to get to the circle in a boat. Got an 8x for my AR and the m249 machine gun. Mowed down anybody coming into the circle and then picked off the last guy with a huge 8x advantage. It was really awesome because it was raining and there was a huge lightning strike when I killed the last person and it made me yell SHAZAM

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

does anyone else see other players gun flashes through buildings, doors, and hills? cause i do and it's confusing and i feel like im cheating since it gives away where you are

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Getting closer on my pacifist run... 3rd place! Only things I pick up are smoke grenades, body armor, helmet, medical supplies.

i'm sorry but what the gently caress is the point of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

so seeing gun flashes through walls, fences and houses is a known bug right?

edit: nm I googled it and it is

• Locked thread