Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Party Plane Jones posted:

Fake Chinese PUBG from Tencent is looking good ya'll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_uVmfWQwfw

I want to play this... looks better than PUBG in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

daslog posted:

Blizzard will release one in three years based on the overwatch IP and it will be glorious.

The only character will be Soldier 76 and all he will be able to say is “we’re all Soldiers now.”

Btw come back to discord to discuss your cheater findings.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

This is part of the reason I prefer the Mini-14...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

AK is pretty dope, that thing shreds people even in Level 3 helmets.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Space Skeleton posted:

Yeah, the hackers you see are the stupidest ones using the most blatant hacks because they don't give a poo poo. They are the canary which usually means there are many more using hacks more sneakily like just for seeing where everyone is or to assist their aim a little to make them more accurate but not perfectly so.

There's no way of knowing how prevalent this is. Everything you do in this game makes tons of sound and none of the cover besides buildings and the corners of walls near buildings ever cover you from more than one side and grass doesn't render past a certain range. I'm, in general, blissfully unaware if this is even a thing maybe I'm just out-shooting these guys because they're shooting skill is still crap. On the other hand getting triple head tapped by an AK or SKS in a quarter of a second by a guy with a Chinese name or all numbers is readily apparent and I will complain about that.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Space Skeleton posted:

Prevalent enough that we have a goon around who extols the virtues of using a recoil cancelling hack. :v:

It bothers me. People shouldn't be able to have top 1% best player aim ability with no practice and xray vision.

Playing only FPP does seem to be the best way to avoid hackers. For whatever reason they seem to stick to third person.

I heard rumors of a goon using recoil scripts, but if it is who I think it is, he only has a 1.6 KDR which is laughably bad if you think about it.

As far as aimbot goes, you're downplaying the value of it in this game. Since aimbot doesn't give a poo poo about bullet travel time its more than just an aimbot in a game like CS:GO. If a top level player is shooting me, he is still going to have a hard time killing me if I keep moving around. Even if I just move back and forward on the side that's exposed to him, I've halved his ability to hit me. The aimbot more or less just tells the server that it has hit me 3 times in the head and the server just confirms line of sight or something then I die. So in a way, what Jeffrey is saying makes some sense. The reality of it is, who really cares if anyone is using ESP to find you or has their textures removed, when aimbotting is so prevalent?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hooplah posted:

I think having it random might be better than dividing each mode's playerbase in half yet again. after that initial shininess wears off I'm sure people will want to play on erangel still

I mean, that's assuming the new map isn't significantly better or worse from an objective standpoint

The desert map doesn’t have a bottle necked island to send everyone to half of the time with featureless beaches. As long as those skyscrapers don’t have fully accessible interiors we’ll probably be in pretty decent shape. I do hope, however that every game doesn’t come down to tree or cactus cover.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Salean posted:

Ok but what's wrong with the circles as is

Horrible map design in the southern island as well as half the games ending there despite being less than 1/3rd of the map area.

Tweak posted:

not enough Zharki end games

Pretty much

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Played in the Zotac Open today. I got 51st out of 290~, I guess. I hate FPP Solo.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Sometimes you have 13 grenades at the end of the game that you need to get rid of...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206626626

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Vaah posted:

Then you miss every one and I have to clean up the mess

I denied him entry into the white circle and I was providing suppressing fire to force him to prone and die to the circle. You robbed the Blue God, not me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Maybe it was funny but goddamn your description sucks. You’ll never guess what happens next... he crawls! Bazinga!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

Also, lol that crawl guy started a two page argument on SA.

Have we reached a forum consensus yet? Crawling, is it funny or not? I will put the final answer in the OP.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Magres posted:

Kind of a dumb question, how do you control recoil at range? I see people like basically snipe at near full auto firing speeds with guns and I have no idea how you do that.

I've gotten pretty good at fighting up close, but anything where I even want a 2x for shooting I can't hit a god damned thing (even with a good scope)

They’re all cheating. Some guns are really easy to pull down while hammering mouse 1, mostly the 5.56 guns.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Man, any excuse to not have to talk to your teammates, huh?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Everything is too spread out. The buildings are super cramped inside but have a million turns and doors. Looting is a straight up chore now. The mid game is going to be even worse now.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

sticksy posted:

I love that the lesson they took away from the first map was “what if we put MORE small rooms with doors into this!”

People hate that every game ends up with only tree cover, so let's just lower the number of trees.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

ChesterJT posted:

I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make because every shooter ever is the player trying to aim at a set of pixels on the screen. It is in fact a dumb thing to say.

I vastly prefer voxel sniping.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also there are totally .30-30 lever actions that can use scopes.

I literally had a 4x scope on mine last year.
It's a thing. Do it, PUBG.

There are also Micro-Uzis with grips and dot sights as well as dot sights for Tommy Gun, but at this point its either something to do with their out-sourced weapon models or they're keeping it the way it is for the sake of variety.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Did some testing with the new guns. R45 is like 99 damage on 2 unarmored body shots and 99 damage on one unarmored headshot. Winchester is 99 damage on level 2 helmet.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Apparently inventory management is a nightmare...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

SamEyeAm posted:

I am a lazy gently caress. Is there a XBox thread for this?

Not that I know of. You could make one to keep the complaining separate between systems. I’ll prob make a new OP for 1.0 PC release.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

abigserve posted:

Well last season we hit 500 (https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/Spaghett69/duo?region=oc&season=2017-pre5), though our top ranked player was 250~ or something I think. Hackers were so much rarer it wasn't really a big deal. I think I've got like two clips of it and that's just because it was so obvious it was actually funny.

Then the Chinese server thing happened, and now we're playing with a ton of people with Asian names, and the hacking is through the roof. If you're playing on OC and not seeing them I've gotta assume you're either so far back that they've jumped you and you're not matching against them, or you're not living long enough in the games to see em.

I'm serious: play with us sometime, this really isn't anecdotal it's a loving epidemic. I've fought the number 1 duos, and number 1 squad player in direct combat twice and we died both times - neither was suss at all, they were just really good. There is a huge, extremely obvious difference between being killed by someone who is hacking and someone who is simply good.

(also I hosed the wall on the off chance of daflicodariss when he came around the corner or to delay them long enough for the koooobe to land)

No one's cheating, they fixed cheating.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202817526

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

abigserve posted:

bro dude look man he could easily see you third person peeking and he put you down fair and square

whether or not he was midair and spinning at the time, that's up for debate, we may never know

Eh, I mean you can really only justify complaining about the obvious ones, like this, where he puts your whole team down with headshots during one leap. Saying someone is wallhacking or using ESP but not aimbot is a little absurd. It's impossible to know if they saw you a while ago and stalked you for a bit, or even just heard you, since footsteps are audible out to 44m and can pretty much pinpoint you. I mean, there was an AUS goon in the BF1 thread who complained non-stop about cheaters, and would go in and record them in spectator mode and post videos in the thread. But it didn't really accomplish anything.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

Who else have they picked that didn't turn out well?

Grimmmz who cried to PUBG liaisons to get people banned if he thought there was any chance they were stream sniping him, then had a breakdown after the backlash and stopped playing PUBG. Mind you, this was even before there was an in game report function.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

wait so grimmmz is a fortnite streamer now?

How prominent is stream sniping?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Someone shared this in a Discord server I'm in.

https://gfycat.com/RewardingWastefulGourami

Embarrassing, for the guy with the shotgun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah this is to keep your legs from breaking. You have to do the same thing with a real chute. Everyone has to do it, so it's at least a shared experience.

I've had friends say they'd like the chance to dive straight into the ground or land harder and take falling damage, but it would suck if every game started with fewer people.

Kind of like how people who don't jump should just be carried off by the plane. Maybe their bodies packed into one of the crates. Would be alright if folks who didn't jump just fell to their death and got no points.

In Arma 3 BR, you had to manually pull your chute or you’d splat. Also if you were moving to fast in any direction when you landed, you’d die too or take massive damage usually breaking your legs. Any change they make in PUBG will still be too casual.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

I swear there's no tracers on the test server anymore for sniper rifles so it's a big :shrug: when you are trying to hit with irons.

They’re still there. Harder to see since the new map is mostly yellow but I was lobbing shots at a dude yesterday.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Tab8715 posted:

So...

Why may I use the 8x and 15x on the M416, SCAR and AK-47 but not the M16?

It doesn’t have a picatinny rail.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Star Man posted:

As an aside, my grandfather's Winchester looks just like the one in PUBG and it slays me every time. It's also funny that you use .45 rounds for a gun that usually gets called a .22.

I also love the bird hunting shotgun in the game. Cracks me the gently caress up.

That's not how guns work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1894

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Lol if you’re not rocking dual vectors, one with a 4x.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bhodi posted:

nothing's certain in love and war, it was suspicious as hell tho he's just running glances left and apparently sees me prone and obscured hundreds of meters away, after making nothing but hits

gooncam apparently sucks i guess i need to figure out the nvidia capture

Grass doesn’t tender past like 100m away hope this helps.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Typical, will you be taking requests?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I highly doubt he'll change his sensitivity from the current extremely high one. We'll see how he does lol

You gonna get disowned.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Shooting people with high ping (ie chinese names) feels ten times worse now. What did they change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

New thread up for this amazing, non-buggy 1.0 release. Xbox users, go somewhere else.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844734

• Locked thread