Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Well I got to 3rd hiding under a bridge, then moved before I had to and died crawling around a hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Travic posted:

I've been watching dearsomeone's highlights and aside from noting the number of terrible streamer gimmicks it seems that a lot of people are holding their breath for shots. Even for close in fighting. I thought it was just for super long range sniping.

This is how most of my games go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMIiN-7Pe0&t=328s

yeah this is about right

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I still haven't really learned the old map, now I have to learn the new one too :qq:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

PantsOptional posted:

The patch seems to have given me a fun new bug where the lobby screen never loads my character or any of the buttons. Googling hasn’t given me much luck in finding solutions. Any suggestions?

yup, happening to me. if I smash a bunch of buttons on my keyboard usually the UI will come back but just gives an error when I try to connect to a game again so I have to close out anyways

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:thunk:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Typical posted:

Hey Goons, I know you guys are having fun discussing chicken dinners. But I wanted to show you all some dumb fan art my and my friend made for the game.

Backstory, my friend and I work on Rick and Morty and have this youtube channel where we redraw viewer submitted artwork/teach people drawing techniques. I wanted to make this months theme PUBG. So if your interested in drawing cartoons or want to know how we make this sort of thing. Or just want some laughs, you should head on over to our youtube channel to watch us draw and hangout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJSGxI8eTU

that artstyle felt super familiar before I even got to the words. like all the crazy eyes, its how I feel playing

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Handsome Ralph posted:

You get a killcam now which helps, since sometimes it's a good indicator of what exactly gave you away if you're getting zapped out of nowhere.

I've only played like ~15 games since buying this a couple of days ago, but I usually get into the top 25 with ease. I've made the top ten like 5 times as well.

Quick question, is the map chosen at random or is there a way to pick which one you want to play on?

Right now its random, and seems to heavily favor the new map, they said in the future they'll add a way to pick the map but right now apparently certain servers dont have enough people to populate games if you separate them by map

edit: also on the new map it seems to be way easier to go the hide in the hills route, I've also had decent luck at finding m4's with 4x scopes in the smaller building groupings. Just made it to rank 3 without firing a shot until the very end. Lots of hills and little dips in the terrain the crawl around in

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i love this game, but i accept in my heart if they ever put mines or place-able explosives, i will never play it again. i would probably have a heart attack if was clearing a place and instead of a gunshot, it's a huge loving explosion.

I died to a red zone for the first time playing with a friend and we decided to take a buggy right through it because who ever dies to a red zone what are the odds? I figure thats what mines would be like

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
just got stuck in pregame purgatory. Got up to about 40 people, then just sat there and people started slowly leaving

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DaNerd posted:

My one real complaint about this game is the lack of bullet penetration. Shower curtains, doors, fences, leaves, etc blocking bullets is incredibly frustrating. Maybe it's just because I played so much CS growing up but it really bugs me.

Ive taken so much dmg driving into cacti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
got my first AWM. never found a scope, died in a buggy without firing a shot :argh:

• Locked thread