Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
50 vs 50 protect the king would be cool.

Game will have mod support so it'll be cool to see what people come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So I preordered this as I figured it would be a good investment to spend the extra $10 and sell the skins. I don't know much about the marketplace but the items are going for over $70. Should I hold out on selling these or nah?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I have no idea how the market works, and I haven't sold anything on it for a long time (some cards) so...

I never used authenticator and can't sell for 15 days anyway. Ah well

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Kind of hope that they extend the times before a new circle a little bit, especially the mid game. I seem to get wrecked by the circle a lot just because I get into a gun fight that takes a bit too long. Seems it might not be worth it to get into fights until the last few circles.

Also summit wouldn't be so bad if he turned off all the notification noises, but then he wouldn't be banking it. Crazy to see that guy getting $5+ donation every minute.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 28, 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
He's the American Mcgee of 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wait, so he an actual successful ideas guy? That's pretty cool.

You can sell the items in the crates too, got a few nice items so far.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
They posted this today which might help with the sound issues people are having.

http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/65.pu

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Circle closing speed is fine, they just need to adjust the time between them so you can actually get in a few fights. Add an extra minute or two.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just had our first squad win. Two friends, me and some random. Landed in military with a couple other squads and hit the tower. Got pretty much full sets while the two squads duked it out and we finished off the last few. Got really lucky with the circle and didn't have to move for the first 3 and barely had to move for the 4th. Friends and I went down with 18 left and the random guy with us clutched it. But hey, a wins a win right?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Anyone playing yet and can comment on the new circle speeds?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah if plane is going bottom up we usually drop into the island down there. Usually a friend and I hit the tower thing with a stairwell on each end, each going up a side. Wait for the gunfire to end bellow and clear out the last few guys. Then hit the 8+ crates on the ground.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Optimize game, remove low settings.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's a last man standing shooting game. Do you really need a backstory in order to enjoy it?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Plus it takes like a min to get into a new game.

Playing solo and going into a random house, everything still there so figured I was alone. Opened the bathroom door and got blasted. Almost poo poo

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Megasabin posted:

Man this is the 1st game in years that is causing my computer to crash with error messages saying I'm running out of memory. I have 16 gigs of ram.

Usually that's vram issues. I'd check and see what you have that set to on the drive it's installed on.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Megasabin posted:

How do I do that, and ideally what should it bet set to?

Right click my computer, settings, advanced, settings under performance, advanced, change under virtual memory.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I have a set that's worth like $180. :) see, preordering isn't always bad

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
SOS uses walkie talkies and it owns but that's just because you team up with randoms.

Would be neat if this game had random only teams mode with walkies but that would be a ton of work for a probably niche mode.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

DrGreatJob posted:

First person only mode would be cool if it didn't control like rear end and feel like they strapped a GoPro to the front of the player model's face. I've never been motion sick in my life until I played that mode.

Did you mess with the fov at all? Bad fov is usually what causes that.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Couldn't you easily fix steam sniping by having it randomly generate names each round for streamers?

Streamers are good, they bring a ton of people to the game.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang I think I should have sold the rest of my preorder items. The shoes, pants, and shirt seem to be dropping now :(

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I don't get why they want the horns removed, I mean doesn't that just give them some easy kills?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

LeafHouse posted:

Hey what are everyone's thoughts on streamers? Haven't seen many pages of discussion about that lately so

Idk what's worse. Streamers complaing about stream snipers or people complaining about others discussing something on a discussion forum.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Steps off six inch curb, breaks leg. Super fun

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Missing Name posted:

I just like the looting empty building mechanics

I don't, and actually it would be kind of neat if there was a way to get rid of a bit of the early game. Maybe starting with random level 1 gear?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Rite Of Massage posted:

as a professional game developer i believe they should add purchasable consumable tokens for level 3 armor upgrades at the start of the game

Would at least give me something to use all the steambux I got from the founders pack.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Lol about Dr disrespect actually being disrespectful.

New streamer in town though

https://www.twitch.tv/postmalone

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 16, 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I think you would have more fun playing rules of survival on phone (which just got a pc port) than playing that mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well there is this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/714010/Aim_Lab/

• Locked thread