Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

nigga crab pollock posted:

this stuff loving blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This play sucks rear end, all plays suck rear end, and art is liberal garbage, so there ya go..

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
leslie odom jr has a truly gorgeous voice and presence that allows me to forget how cringingly bad the rest of the music is so good for him getting his breakthrough i hope he goes on to bigger and most importantly better things

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trunko posted:

Maybe he called you a racist because arguments for hating the South are 1:1 with those of hating black people

what does that even mean

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Have Blue posted:

Hamilton sucks but one of the cast (wanna say Lafayette or something) is the MC for actual rap group clipping. who are p good, if a bit out there (like noise rap sci fi concept album out there)

Maybe rhey should hsve let him write the songs instead of whatever horrible monster did it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
hamilton is meh. its sorta cool idea but its too whitewhashed for its own good plus the rap sucks, it sounds like one of those groups that goes to middle schools and does stupid raps and skits to make "history cool, yo". the chernow book its based on is pretty good though.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mordja posted:

It's lovely nerdcore that somehow got mainstream* popularity, OP.

It's like Epic Rap Battles of History if you had to pay a thousand dollars to see it instead of just deleting it from your youtube suggestions.

Hth.

*Upper middle class.

Now wait a loving minute here, buddy. You can delete youtube suggestions?? :raise:

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Found an early draft of Hamilton on Americas got talent
https://youtu.be/X0QdRj1L-UA

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

Now wait a loving minute here, buddy. You can delete youtube suggestions?? :raise:

YES YOU CAN

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hamilton like all musical endeavors would be greatly improved with the addition of blastbeats

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxryV6S2F4

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

no pubes yet sorry posted:

*Spider Man: Turn off the Dark*

*In disgust, vomits all over the thread*

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Big BASS goblina queen on a pumpkin glider is chased by a musical-loving T-rex then flop

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

buzzfeed hamilton slack

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Is this better or worse than Hamilton?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeOfmt-R8Ug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TR5Dy62wVk

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

I closed the window after 3 seconds and now I hate you, so same as Hamilton.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

There was a Batman musical that was apparently in development years ago and never actually produced. But I guess there were some songs from it that were released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5NbD5bXyZI
"So Merry Christmas Gotham City, hope you like what I do!
Merry Christmas Gotham, it's my one gift to you!
Merry Christmas, Gotham City, hope you drown in my flood!
As I decorate this city, in ribbons, ribbons of blood!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlAKDJzAkyg

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 27, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
LOLing at everyone in here complaining that Alexander Hamilton thought the common man couldn't be trusted to elect good governors in the year 2017 where our president is an orange, unqualified, inexperienced reality TV star elected by the common dolts

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

LOLing at everyone in here complaining that Alexander Hamilton thought the common man couldn't be trusted to elect good governors in the year 2017 where our president is an orange, unqualified, inexperienced reality TV star elected by the common dolts

Wow, someone doesnt like DJT? Thanks fr letting us know forums user frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I like Avenue Q and Fiddler on the Roof but that's about where my tolerance for musicals ends, OP. I tried listening to a Hamilton song once and had too much secondhand embarrassment to finish it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

TurboDrizzle posted:

Wow, someone doesnt like DJT? Thanks fr letting us know forums user frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE.

You're welcome forums user TurboDrizzle

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Went to see Avenue Q once cause friends hyped it and honestly it was the most cringeworthy production I have ever seen.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Musicals are all cringeworthy and unbelievably gay.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
There are no good musicals except maybe the 1971 version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory which is a masterpiece and a movie not a play.

Does it count as a musical?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Some musicals are good

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Racism is not a binary thing.

I think one the problems in popular discourse is that some people are aware of massive research projects like Project Implicit that have demonstrated things like unconscious cognitive bias and can see things like bad policy pretty clearly but are not good at articulating to people who are not aware of such research what is going on.

This sort of research shows that almost all of us have cognitive bias against black people to varying degrees, even black people themselves. It's not through any fault of our own it's a function of growing up in a country with historical baggage.

The actual number of raving hate-filled racists is pretty small but a lot of the source of modern racial problems comes from lack of awareness of bias.

EDIT: Here's a link to project implicit you can take tests and stuff to see for yourself. Even the most consciously tolerant people tend to have some level of implicit bias that shows up on the tests.
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/aboutus.html

Amarcarts fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 27, 2017

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Dean of Swing posted:

Went to see Avenue Q once cause friends hyped it and honestly it was the most cringeworthy production I have ever seen.

Most people based their expectations for AQ off of how much they liked the endlessly-reposted WoW meme video that introduced it to everyone

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Most people based their expectations for AQ off of how much they liked the endlessly-reposted WoW meme video that introduced it to everyone

oh that's where I recognized their name from. jesus.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Black people are good at basketball, dancing, and rap music. Certain subtypes (ie. Rasta) are also good at smoking weed.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i checked out d&d a couple of times on friday during the healthcare vote fiasco and a bunch of dorks over there thought it was a great joke when someone posted a hamilton song about not having enough votes or something. i clicked on it and only got like 5 seconds in and it was just like "you. don't. have the votes. you-don't-have-the-votes...ha-haha." and i stopped it there but now i have that dumb poo poo stuck in my head and i hate puerto ricans now i guess.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Hamiliton was such a piece of poo poo. Aaron Burr did nothing wrong. Just look at Hamilton's role in the Whiskey Rebellion and how he manipulated Washington with the whole marching an army against American citizens and putting them under arrest (and/or how Washington was totally okay with it as well)

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
It turns out America was founded by complete assholes who, over the past two centuries, have slowly been morphed (by an astoundingly stupid populace and a predatory regime) into semi-mythological titans of brilliance and purity. All with the goal of crafting a national psychosis of extreme patriotism. Who knew? :shrug:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Hillary won the popular vote so it actually proves that old conservative white men are bad and rig the process now and in the past

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArmZ posted:

Hillary won the popular vote

this is at least equally damning

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
you can tell Hamilton is cool & good because the whole phenomenon is like a caricature of coastal elitism cooked up by some midwestern crank with a private mailing list

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this is at least equally damning

People bringing that up drives me crazy because if anything that's more of a condemnation of how poorly her campaign was run more than anything else.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

People bringing that up drives me crazy because if anything that's more of a condemnation of how poorly her campaign was run more than anything else.

It drives me crazy because it's supposed to indicate a broad popular rejection of Trump when in reality it was two hyper-wealthy, coastal metropolitan areas.

I don't even like Trump but I'm tired of the stawmanning.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the trump tutelage posted:

It drives me crazy because it's supposed to indicate a broad popular rejection of Trump when in reality it was two hyper-wealthy, coastal metropolitan areas.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

checkmate shitlords out of hundreds of millions of potential candidates two percent more of the population voted to be lead by the second worst person in America :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

the trump tutelage posted:

it's almost like coastal metropolitan areas are well known for huffing their own farts

• Locked thread