Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bongwizzard posted:

These and Into the Woods are like the only tolerable musicals.

I would absolutely go see a musical written by immortal technique.

Assassins is the best musical ever, Chicago, and Cabaret are also pretty good. The movie version of Cabaret is a bit 'meh' compared to post revival versions, since the movie dumps a lot of stuff to make room for Liza and post revival brings back aspects like Sally just being a pretty girl and a so-so singer. Figured I'd throw that out there since you're only talking about musicals that get movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

For instance California outside of where the people are is surprisingly conservative

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ork of Fiction posted:

California is one of the states where the majority of the population voted to create a law that would exist specifically to bar homosexual couples from marriage, as an example of what I mentioned earlier.
My point isn't California is some liberal utopia. It's that arguing the densely populated areas somehow less reflect the people because I can point to a bigger swath of red on a map is dumb. Especially when it's as dramatic as CA, where a county like LA that accounts for a third of the state's population, but rivals Kern (with less than 3% of the population) in size.

Prop 8 didn't pass because of a silent majority in Kern. It passed because politics and human views are complex things. The extra black and latino voters that helped sweep Obama into office, helped ensure those coastal counties pretty heavily went "yes on 8." There's some funky politics in the state, heck recently when given the choice between banning the death penalty, making it quicker to execute, or doing neither they opted for speedier executions -in the same election where dems took a super majority in the state gov.

Ardemia posted:

Reefer Madness: The Musical has not been mentioned yet and it is fantastic

Yeah and the movie version even added Alan Cummings to the cast.

• Locked thread