Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Some like it, some don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

the best song from a musical remains the magical gently caress frog tune from book of mormon

Quick Cai-phus

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Les Os posted:

jesus christ super star is p. Good

What then to do about this Jesus mania?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah I thought that was an odd claim myself.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

The only white people that aren't uncomfortable with objecting to something brown people do are the ones that truly and deeply do not like brown people

Yeah holding people of color to a higher standard than white people on minority issues is like Racism in the USA 101.

edit: or like one of those classes that starts with a 0. 001.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

lol no, its holding them to the same standard.

No there are racists that definitely hold minorities to higher standards in a mocking way. You can pretend it doesn't exist but it does. Why would I object to everyone being held to the same standard?

Secular Humanist posted:

Reserving a special, more pristine moral standard only for white people and modifying your principles when the skin color changes is being a racist progressive in the USA 101

Fortunately for me I'm not this strawman you have conjured up out of thin air.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

your friend a dog posted:

probably because there are people on this forum, and in real life as well, that would suggest that being a minority makes you incapable of racism

I don't know if GBS is the place for unwinding why this is wrong

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

your friend a dog posted:

nah its not complicated. anyone can be racist against anyone else, it's pretty simple bud.

Like many words in the dictionary, there are many definitions of the word racism blah blah blah

And then you just say everyone is racist again and I wasted my time. What a fun game.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

It is very important that when a black person says "I loving want to kill all whites" that we call it "racial prejudice" instead of "racism" because nuance and power structures. This will move us forward swiftly.

If anyone brings up the real, persistent effects of structural racism we should playfully act like all racism is equally deleterious to the human condition.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Psycho Society posted:

If your point can only be communicated in a 2 hour classroom lecture chances are it's not very good.

You should throw all your electronic devices away I guess. Just a bunch of egghead poo poo.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

lol, i did not say that at all. i said that when somebody is super racist to a white person its still racism

So what? White people run poo poo. That's a fact. It's not as good as it used to be but it's still pretty good.

Secular Humanist posted:

and sure, feel free to tell me what people or laws or institutions are still racist, specifically. dont just say the prison system.

You are actively hostile to the idea so that doesn't sound like a very fun conversation for me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hamilton is bad for GBS. It always attracts the wrong element.

I'm the real racist. I get it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

neither have i, but i heard some of the music and it was pretty awful

That Manuel-Miranda guy definitely became a darling of the liberal media.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He should be thrown in the garbage again

He probably relives that through role play constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh my gosh.

It's Lin-Manuel and not Manuel-Miranda. I mishyphenated.

• Locked thread