Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

tenspott posted:

Phantom of the Opera is worse.

This movie creeps me out because all the women I've ever seen it with are super into the whole stockholm syndrome aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
the only good founding father was t.jefferson

newrevolution

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Some musicals are good

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Most people based their expectations for AQ off of how much they liked the endlessly-reposted WoW meme video that introduced it to everyone

oh that's where I recognized their name from. jesus.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't know if GBS is the place for unwinding why this is wrong

GBS is for talking about whatever the gently caress you like mate. If you want to hang out in an echo chamber be my guest

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Like many words in the dictionary, there are many definitions of the word racism blah blah blah

And then you just say everyone is racist again and I wasted my time. What a fun game.

If your point can only be communicated in a 2 hour classroom lecture chances are it's not very good.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

You should throw all your electronic devices away I guess. Just a bunch of egghead poo poo.

I should read posts before I reply, but yeah even science subjects should be able to communicated fairly well in any situation.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
If you take more than an hour to be able to communicate pretty much anything in layman's terms to anyone you probably don't understand what you're talking about very well

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

hey can we go back to talking about how hamilton is bad? that was fun

I've never seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

drat, this is scathing.

quote:

In that respect, Hamilton probably is the “musical of the Obama era,” as The New Yorker called it. Contemporary progressivism has come to mean papering over material inequality with representational diversity. The president will continue to expand the national security state at the same rate as his predecessor, but at least he will be black. Predatory lending will drain the wealth from African American communities, but the board of Goldman Sachs will have several black members. Inequality will be rampant and worsening, but the 1% will at least “look like America.” The actual racial injustices of our time will continue unabated, but the power structure will be diversified so that nobody feels quite so bad about it. Hamilton is simply this tendency’s cultural-historical equivalent; instead of worrying ourselves about the brutal origins of the American state, and the lasting economic effects of those early inequities, we can simply turn the Founding Fathers black and enjoy the show.

• Locked thread