Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Jim Barris posted:

That song was in rhyme but it was strange. I never felt like the lines were really flowing and there wasn't really much wordplay. It had more in common with a mediocre musical song then a rap song but I suppose at the end of the day that's exactly what it is. The song is wearing raps clothes but does that make it rap? Not really.

This is kinda how I feel about everything from Lin-Manuel Miranda. Like it feels like I'm listening to someone who only had the sort of friends who told him his slam poetry was awesome because they were his friends, and he took that to mean he knew how to rap and write music, yet it all comes out pretentious, awful, and like, breaking every rule about rhyme and meter possible.

That he then parlayed this into a play that got bougie white folk excited and thinking they were suddenly hip to all this rap business only makes it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread