Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

I like Rocky Horror and Sweeney Todd

I love your avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

I'm not even a little bit racist I voted for Obama and I think sherman should have burned down more than just atlanta :shrug:

Hm, well, a racist definitely wouldn't lust for white death, so I guess the D&D poster really WAS mistaken!

Actually on the topic of Hamilton I read an article about it and it's pretty alarming if you consider that we're essentially making a group of white slave-owners into a multi-cultural ethnically diverse song and dance troupe, effectively ignoring the fact that these men and the nation they ultimately founded had at its economic bedrock an institution of racial slavery.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

should have hanged every southern officer and let the freed slaves stone the masters to death imo

treason is bad enough but treason just so you can keep having slaves? even worse

Wasnt Alexander Hamilton an abolitionist? I recall he was one of the good founding fathers like Adams.

Plus all the wackos hate him since he understood we needed banks and stuff.

Alexander Hamilton is a douchebag. His contribution to the Federal Papers was to say that common people can't govern themselves, and only society's elites would be suitable to be elected to office. He was effectively wanting to establish a codified aristocracy in the U.S.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TurboDrizzle posted:

I know but part of the charm of (or the whole point of) Hamilton undeniably is "This story was stolen from another ethnic group", and my all-white production of "The Wiz" would fulfill this need. Wizard of oz is completely different.

Which ethnic group is Hamilton stealing from?

• Locked thread