Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
hamilton is just an excuse for white people to feel woke by sitting in a chair looking their dumb eyes forward for 2 hours. its dumb and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Remember: you know better than another person whether that person is racist or not!

"I am not racist" -racists

"Why are you calling me racist for no reason?" -fragile white racists

"I'm only telling you I have black friends specifically because you just called me a racist." -mega racist

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

a misanthrope posted:

something tells me this is a personal struggle for you

being called racist for no reason? yeah, its kinda gay

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

a misanthrope posted:

"no reason" sure bud

lol, you are a master

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

a misanthrope posted:

give me an example of a time you were unjustly called a racist. i've never had that problem so im honestly curious

Uh ok one time I said a lot of palestinians have shockingly intolerant attitudes toward gays and religious minorities. And pretty much instantly was accused of "virulent anti-palestinian racism". Because... I honestly don't know. I can't parse how that is racist, I just can't.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Coolness Averted posted:

The extra black and latino voters that helped sweep Obama into office, helped ensure those coastal counties pretty heavily went "yes on 8."

Wait but i thought only white people can hate gays? Or like, it only matters when white people hate gays, or something.

You see; power structures.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

...and the pitch! posted:

Yeah holding people of color to a higher standard than white people on minority issues is like Racism in the USA 101.

edit: or like one of those classes that starts with a 0. 001.

lol no, its holding them to the same standard.

Reserving a special, more pristine moral standard only for white people and modifying your principles when the skin color changes is being a racist progressive in the USA 101

And no, I'm not saying it's racist towards whites to hold them to a higher standard; it's racist toward non-whites.

Secular Humanist fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 29, 2017

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm a racist ethnic minority ama

how do you feel about nobody giving a poo poo when you are super racist because you're oppressed also? as if they are holding you to a lower moral standard due to your race, thus robbing you of any agency to make your own moral choices?

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about me anyway and I don't really care what white people think unless it directly affects my life because gently caress em

good answer

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
It is very important that when a black person says "I loving want to kill all whites" that we call it "racial prejudice" instead of "racism" because nuance and power structures. This will move us forward swiftly.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I already expect all white people to consider me as subhuman or something to exploit for their benefit so the behavior of rich urban white liberals doesn't really surprise me any more than the poor rural ones

I feel like I can respect the poor rural ones a little more, at least they aren't pretending to be your friend.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

If anyone brings up the real, persistent effects of structural racism we should playfully act like all racism is equally deleterious to the human condition.

lol, i did not say that at all. i said that when somebody is super racist to a white person its still racism

and sure, feel free to tell me what people or laws or institutions are still racist, specifically. dont just say the prison system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

So what? White people run poo poo. That's a fact. It's not as good as it used to be but it's still pretty good.

You are actively hostile to the idea so that doesn't sound like a very fun conversation for me.

No not really, I just think that you, like most people, can't actually name any specific examples of ongoing institutional racism when you bring it up as an issue. Then it pivots to the "ongoing effects" of past institutional racism, which literally nobody denies is a problem, but still no specific examples emerge.

And no, white people do not run poo poo. In many majority white nations they do, unsurprisingly, yes, but you're kind of making GBS threads all over minorities who *have* achieved a lot by saying that white people "run poo poo". You're kind of being a white supremacist from the other direction, so to speak.

• Locked thread