Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hamilton seems pretty terrible to me. I'll admit, I've never seen it, and I've never sat through any of the song all the way through, but all I've heard from it is terrible. But people seem to like it. What's going on?

I know it's politically controversial in some way, and apparently it's not historically accurate, but I don't care about that stuff. One of the cast members threw a wine bottle at the vice president, the real Alexander Hamilton wasn't hispanic, whatever, I don't care. I'm just talking about the music

Listen to this. It's terrible, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl1OIGzuDg

Am I crazy, or is everyone else crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arrhythmia posted:

OP you should probably like, listen to at least half of it, and then come to your own conclusions, IMO.

I've been in stores where there's been music playing, and I've thought "what is this crap?" and then they started rapping about federalism or whatever and I realized it was Hamilton. My reaction every piece of Hamilton I've heard is immediate revulsion.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Peetown Manning posted:

I think 1776 the musical was better. The movie version featuring a man that millennials and I only know as "Feeny."

undeniably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5p5PvYGB4w

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a misanthrope posted:

op do you hate it because that is your opinion or do you hate it because fox news told you to

I don't watch Fox News. I get all my news from podcasts

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a misanthrope posted:

is that another name for 4chan

podcasts are like radio but you download it to your computer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OMGVBFLOL posted:

it's the first time in a while anyone has tried marketing hip hop to white people

uhhhh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rime posted:

This is super wierd, on Wednesday I was going to make a thread about how Hamilton is loving awesome, but figured goons have no class and so nobody would care and the thread would die. :tinfoil:

What do you like about Hamilton?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The “first lady of nerdcore,” rapper MC Router (responsible for the song “Trekkie Pride”), never achieved the critical success for which she had seemed destined, instead ending up on the Dr. Phil show after an acrimonious dispute with her family over her unexpected conversion to Islam.

a misanthrope posted:

i think the only people who really hate it are trump voters

I don't watch Fox News, and I voted for Clinton. You keep making guesses about me based on the fact that I don't like Hamilton, and so far the only one you've got right is that I love swallowing cum

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 25, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a misanthrope posted:

give me an example of a time you were unjustly called a racist. i've never had that problem so im honestly curious

Do you like Hamilton? I'm not sure what's going on with you itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the trump tutelage posted:

It drives me crazy because it's supposed to indicate a broad popular rejection of Trump when in reality it was two hyper-wealthy, coastal metropolitan areas.

I don't even like Trump but I'm tired of the stawmanning.

• Locked thread