Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i heard about this play, they said its a play where peeps of color make their own musical that isn't white. that's cool, because white people who sing musicals all sound the same and that sound is bad. all those performing art school dorks singin "look at this stuff, isn't it neat??" in that same awful voice. or that "tomorrow tomorrow I'll love ya tomorrow!!!" song, gently caress that song is bad.

p's o.c. don't sing bad like white people, they sing raps and r&bs and those are soothing in an excitable way. hamilton therefore is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if you have aids you probably won't be able to "love ya tomorrow" because tomorrow is not a certainty :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

stay safe pog slammer ghost

Nooner posted:

holy poo poo, i was just thinking earlier today that I hadnt seen you post in a while and missed you, hi Gatekeeper!

:glomp:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

George H.W. oval office posted:

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas is good fun

ugh no it's NOT because i sat through like three hours of poo poo tunes waiting to sneak me peepers upon dolly parton's comically oversized circus tits and she never even let em out

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i saw a rocky horrorshow on the offbroadway and crimson carrots! it was a hecka good time. mr. Sebastian bach of skid row and trailer park boys fame played riff raff and he was beautiful like a gleaming precious woman with powerful magickal hair and the essence of Sephora dusted luxuriously upon his taut face.

a guy named terrence mann who once played the bounty hunter alien in the movie CHUDS was the tim curry in the play and he packed a wallop!! his voice boomed like a piano dropped for an ungodly height. he strutted and stuffed and impressed us all with his non-toxic masculinity and empowered femininity. it put us all at ease and gave us tingles we hadn't expected in places we don't usually talk about in public (no one else mentioned the tingles but i knew they shared the tingles, i could feel them comin in the air tonight)

but the true highlight was the consummate professional mr. Gilbert gottfried who had fun with a purpose in his role of "the criminologist". his distinctive mouth sounds were a nice counterbalance to the soothing gentle energetic aural emanations from the rest of the play. after the show i met him and shook his hand and got a picture with him and an autograph and it was like getting jacked off by a kennedy, an important dead one, it was that heckin good.

sadly there had been a 9/11 not long before the play started and people were afraid of nyc so to my horror the show was forced to stop must going on :( but hearing terrence mann and seeing sebastian bach and touching gilbert gottfried was a trifecta of goodfeels and it changed my life in ways my doctors still haven't entirely uncovered

i haven't heard anyone describe hamilton with words like "CHUD" and "tingles" and "gleaming" so i feel like it probably isn't for me but I have no doubt it's better than every play that isn't Rockys picture horrorshow

• Locked thread