Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've been in stores where there's been music playing, and I've thought "what is this crap?" and then they started rapping about federalism or whatever and I realized it was Hamilton. My reaction every piece of Hamilton I've heard is immediate revulsion.

i listened to an f-plus podcast ep and the intro music started playing and i thought "what is this crap?" and then it turned out it was a hamilton song

i honestly thought it was a hamilton parody at first because it was so powerfully lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

when i was growing up my sister would play the entire soundtrack of rent so loud and so often that even now i get nauseous whenever i think about it.

rent has the worst soundtrack of anything ever, it's like the songs were specifically designed to be as horrible as possible to the human ear

light my candle and la vie boheme are the worst songs i've ever heard

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even if it was the most magnificent music ever produced i would still hate it.

i don't even remember the actual story of rent, i just remember the disgustingly terrible songs

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
hey can we go back to talking about how hamilton is bad? that was fun

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Psycho Society posted:

I've never seen it

neither have i, but i heard some of the music and it was pretty awful

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hamilton is bad

Its badness is self-evident in that every peeson I know who was surprised with it (heard it without knowing what it was) thought it was embarrassing and dumb

i mean, that's how i heard any of it (song used in an intro to a podcast episode), and my reaction was that it was embarrassing and dumb, so this theory checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

powerful sex moves posted:

Same. I'm getting my info from that same FPlus episode and the like 10 seconds I saw on the news. My first thought was that it reminded me of Epic Rap Battles of History.

i haven't seen every epic rap battles of history video, but every one i've seen was significantly less cringeworthy than that

• Locked thread