Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

I like Rocky Horror and Sweeney Todd

These and Into the Woods are like the only tolerable musicals.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Immortal technique did nothing wrong

I would absolutely go see a musical written by immortal technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Coolness Averted posted:

Assassins is the best musical ever, Chicago, and Cabaret are also pretty good. The movie version of Cabaret is a bit 'meh' compared to post revival versions, since the movie dumps a lot of stuff to make room for Liza and post revival brings back aspects like Sally just being a pretty girl and a so-so singer. Figured I'd throw that out there since you're only talking about musicals that get movies.

I think they got movies because they were good? And any case my expose the musical theater strictly comes from having been a stagehand for like 15 years. Do you think sitting through CATS! is bad? Try sitting through it 95 loving times.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Also the best thing about Hamilton is the fact that a bunch of stagehands are probably going to be able to milk that show for a very easy 10 year run.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Honestly Hamilton is going to be such an incredible thing for the stagehand industry I can't hate it completely. The Insane hype over this thing just ensures it's going to tour it till the end of days

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this is at least equally damning

People bringing that up drives me crazy because if anything that's more of a condemnation of how poorly her campaign was run more than anything else.

• Locked thread