Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

enahs posted:

This game is pretty unplayable with lag, and usually in games it seems like I'm the only one lagging. The enemy is chain rolling and queueing up attacks and I have to wait 2 seconds before every action. Is this the same for most people or am I just really unlucky?

yeah i was hoping they'd fix the lag but jesus christ it's just not playable. hasn't been for days. i can't even roll on command

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought that was because of your character animation needing to finish before you can input again? So clicking two icons at once is problematic?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I just hit 2718. Switched from OG Jason to movie Zack. It's official, he's the OP character. Jason is just easier to play. But Jesus played correctly you literally can't attack or have to have the prediction of a God. His attacks hit hard, can't be blocked except one, high HP, benefits the most out of any character from a block, and his moves have great screen coverage. Billy can gently caress him up tho because his moves are so fast you can block on reaction.

RBX fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 8, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

DETHRONED.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I don't know what's more frustrating, being repeatedly dunked on by the broken OG Red Ranger, or the fact that I've been sitting at Tier 4 for a week now and have yet to see a single one of his shards.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If I wanted to unlock an epic character, the last shard costed me 200 coins. Wow.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Jesus gently caress this lag is infuriating. I've had this installed for a while but haven't really played much other than opening the free boxes. Of course the one night I decide to actually play the game for an extended period of time I guess they decided to host it on blizzard's original bnet servers or some poo poo. I managed to get to league 4 but it took probably an hour longer than it should have. Though I did get the shiny Jason special offer thing once I ranked up, so at least I can be super cheesy now?

Anyway, if a spot opens up in the goon alliance I'd like to join. Earning exp seems to be a bitch and a half without one. IGN is the same as my forum name.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Epic Billy any good? Just unlocked his assist.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
How is leader Koda? Just unlocked rank one.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CascadeBeta posted:

How is leader Koda? Just unlocked rank one.

I'd main Koda if Jason wasn't so broken. I got mine to Rank 3 and I LOVE him. He carried me to Rank 4 because nobody knows how to fight him. I just can't consistently beat Jasons. Once Jason is "fixed" (I.E., nerfted into oblivion), Koda will be great.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

haha, jokes on you, this poo poo works oldschool. you defeat the master, you become the master. enjoy your new duties

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This game is kinda trash because you can get punished for a good read with a block on your string into 300 damage.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah it actively discourages combos in a fighting game but if they take that out I'm scared everything will break

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RBX posted:

Yeah it actively discourages combos in a fighting game but if they take that out I'm scared everything will break

I've played OG Billy up to 1700-1800 these last three days, it's kinda disheartening being 400HP down from the get-go, making someone whiff, punishing that, but getting smashed in the face by double Zach unblockable for half my health. I ate a counter "gently caress it" Pink Psycho Crusher for almost 200 health that I couldn't block back. :smith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Billy was my fave too but yeah like no other game I've played you really can't consistently win unless you copy the OP teams. They're already cranking out Zedd and Robo Knight when most of us haven't even SEEN all the current characters let alone have them.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My biggest gripes about the game is that it's way too easy to turtle because of blocks taking priority over strikes and breakers too easily able to be countered, and assists are way too strong in that you can chain out of them, even if they're stuffed, super easily. I mean part of the reason why Goldar/Xandred is so strong is that Xandred does a shitton of damage while also blocking, while Goldar is unblockable unless there's distance between you and the opponent.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I may take a break from this. Just hit lvl 5 and the amount of times needed to fill a corruption box is brutal when half of the matches are a laggy mess.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Snowmankilla posted:

I may take a break from this. Just hit lvl 5 and the amount of times needed to fill a corruption box is brutal when half of the matches are a laggy mess.

Yeah I hit league 5 and at this point most of my team has orbs to upgrade but can't due to being level 4. Xandred/Goldarr are maxed for my level, and M. Zack I can't get enough orbs but screw grinding the damage when all I fight are super mobile OG Red Ranger that dodges in and out like a maniac.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Is there a second Goon Guild? It says I don't fit the requirements for BBB's. IGN is GorgonGlance.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, they need to tone down the number of points for the corruption boxes at higher leagues. Going from 4 to 5 was 14,000 to 21,000 points, and there's no way people have 50% more health. It takes me the best part of an hour to grind it out, which is far more time than I'm prepared to spend daily on this game.

Also, still no sign of OG Red Ranger shards after nearly two weeks. I sure do fight against him a lot though!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like the first major update drops on Friday. Here's patch notes. Big takeaways (besides new characters) include nerfs for pushing, orb bonus damage, and the most common characters. Nearly everyone else gets a buff or two, so expect the meta to get mixed up.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Yessss M.Trini buffs.

Edit:M. Zack changes could be good depending on the push nerf. Surprised OG Jason didn't get hit harder withave the nerfbat.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 13, 2017

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Some good changes in there, including some huge buffs to Kat.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wow that's a good patch, they really care about this game. Good to see.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Hmm, I wonder who the mystery heroes are. The bottom left is almost 100% DT White (gently caress you trent you are not waifu kira), but I can't figure top right.

edit: What happens when a season ends? Does it reset your rank, drop you down to a certain level relative to your mmr, or? Are there any rewards or anything?

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 13, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Super happy to see this patch. Basically all the changes I agree with to some extent. As someone who has played nothing but M.Zack for about 2 weeks now, his one two combo had to get slowed down. Looking forward to messing around with the new meta-game on Friday.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Patch is out. Already got some better drops from boxes. Got Robo Knight and he's pretty cool, need to do most fights with him. UI looks was more slick.

RBX fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 14, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Nerfs don't really feel like they did a whole lot. OG Jason still shits damage and the power nerf isn't that substantial. You can't karate kick into two sword breakers anymore but that wasn't exactly common before. Zack's One-Two combo seems to have not changed at all. If it got any slower, it's still not slow enough to block. I haven't fought a Tommy yet so no idea how he plays after this.

Assists are still way too strong in general. You shouldn't be able to attack/block out of an assist that gets stuffed.

Edit: That being said, I think this is a step in the right direction! The buffs made a lot of characters feel a lot more competitive all around. The nerf to pushing was much needed. Space control isn't just can you swipe faster than the other guy now.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 14, 2017

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I played only a few games so far, but I already like the changes. The big one I noticed is being able to land Daredevil Combo more frequently without OG Jason blocking. The changes to class alone has changed the meta.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah that is something that I've noticed switching to a balanced ranger (Movie Billy), you get blocks WAY less often as balanced and attackers. You still get stuffed out of combos because they happened to roll two blocks or whatever, but not nearly as often, and saving blocks is way more important.

Edit: Tommy's kick comes out way slower now, so that's a huge nerf to him.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 14, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Both Movie and Zeo Pink feel a lot stronger, and by stronger I mean gently caress off with that 300dmg psycho crusher, ugh. Jason was gatekeeping me out of the 2000 range, now it's fuckin' buffed Kats. OG Billy is the same and still dies a painful death to every defender ever.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

After playing with M Zack more, he's been super nerfed from the damage and push changes. I lost about 10 in a row with him. OG Jason is still too good. In fact, he might even be better. I wasn't too good with him before, but now I can easily win matches.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm getting way more "Sorry, please check your connection" errors when I'm loading into matches on 4 bar data, which costs me medals because I guess the match still goes with me just standing there? What the hell?

That being said, now that I've gotten a chance to play her, MMPR Kimberly loving owns, holy poo poo. Having a breaker that jumps back for you seems way too good.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 14, 2017

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

CascadeBeta posted:

That being said, now that I've gotten a chance to play her, MMPR Kimberly loving owns, holy poo poo. Having a breaker that jumps back for you seems way too good.

She is so much fun. Her only real drawback is how bad some of her moves are out of combos but almost everything chains into Arc Shot which is so good.
Because blocks are rarer, Power Chops isn't just a lovely draw anymore and you can sometimes get big damage off of it.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Xandred is interesting. His entire kit either CCs or knocks back, and his breaker covers nearly half of the field. Curious to see how the meta involves.

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 15, 2017

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The medal economy in League 5 (and I assume 6) is brutal. Every other league you can eventually rank up because you win more medals than you lose. League 5 is almost even, and I suck too much to escape the 2600s.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
If people have interest, I might write up a state of the game post on a general look of where most of the rangers stand (except the ones I don't have obvs) and then drop a link in the Android games thread. Unfortunately I can't see last played in the guild but would like to clear some space since it seems like some people fell off. Any suggestions on how to handle it?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'd be interested.

In terms of the guild maybe drop a message in chat and see who hasn't responded in a few days? This weekend is Easter so some people may not be on their phones as much.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

What heroes are you guys having luck with post-patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

-Inu- posted:

What heroes are you guys having luck with post-patch?

I'm still at Rank IV, but I've been liking Movie and Zeo Pink. Movie is just well-rounded, although her breaker isn't amazing or anything. Zeo just got a hell of a lot better with the block rebalancing and her moves getting energy discounts. Her Psycho Crusher punishes bad strings/dashes with significant damage, she has a fast-starting one-hit knockdown move and a quick enough normal string, plus a projectile breaker with a good startup.

• Locked thread