Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I'd link the studies, but you're doing a pretty good job of playing the stereotypical shithead misogynist rear end in a top hat who is the exact reason there's a wage gap, and it's kinda educational. Please continue.

Asking other people to do the labour of proving that marginalised people are marginalised is a big part of that stereotype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

SpaceClown posted:

Linking studies isn't labor and I haven't asked anybody to prove the wage gap exists or that women are maginalized and it's pretty clear that there's a poo poo ton of classic DnD projection that I'm some kind of concern troll going on ITT despite spending the OP clearly saying "Gimme some studies so I don't look like an idiot who just says "lol u r misogeenist"" because that does loving absolutely nothing outside of this garbage subforum.

It's not really the concern trolling, and yes, asking people to do internet research for you is labour.

Regardless, the way you asked for it was lovely and misogynistic, and you've posted a ton of lovely and misogynistic things in this thread so far (which other posters have done a pretty good job of calling you on).

Here's some data anyway: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/03/a-visual-history-of-gender-and-employment

Also the reason women get less "aggressive" about negotiating for wages and against other bullshit is that the people holding the purse strings over them are predominantly male, and very often don't treat them equally. A man can get away with being aggressive where a woman cannot, and a wage system that favours aggression is going to perpetuate that bias.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Hell, here's a great example of how systemic bias plays out in the workplace:

http://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/3/17/14950296/sexism-name-switch-tweets

Women don't earn less because of a lack of aggressiveness. They earn less because men are misogynists more often than not, mostly without even realising it.

• Locked thread