Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Dyz posted:

Sounds like Kublai Khan to me

Really, the only good part of that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

fridge corn posted:

Just got this game. What should I know before diving in?

Try to think around corners. If you ask yourself, "Will this work?" the answer is probably yes.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Hey I'm about to do another play-through since it's been a while. I'm going female typhon-mod heavy Morgan. Any cool or fun poo poo you guys discovered I should try?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
god, this is such a loving great game. I don't know what it is about it but every time I start playing I get pulled in. This is my fourth playthrough and I'm still finding new stuff and different ways around the station. It should've sold better than it did.

I don't know what Arkane's next move is, but if Thief:Dishonored :: System Shock:Prey, I'd love their take on a Deus Ex.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 24, 2018

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

RichterIX posted:

mother FUCKER

lol for me it was the operator dispensers, those fuckers were the worst in the back quarter of the game

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Palpek posted:

It turns out you were the ployer all along.

They really should’ve done that self-aware talking gun thing

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Basic Chunnel posted:

It happens when you shoot a Weaver without nullwave / psychoshocking it first. Your aim goes all wacky.

That's the same thing that makes the screen go white and grainy, right? I just figured it was mad weaver brains

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
hey as a heads up if you want to do an NG+ you have to pick an old save and beat the game with it first (like, go through the ending). Then it'll work.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
gently caress man why can't i get into moonbase :(

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So the option to listen to your latest audio-log is completely busted, right? When I press L it is always, loving always, Dr Calvino's tape found in the Trauma centre.

this happened to me on a newer run, but it didnt happen on a couple others. (for me, it wasnt calvino, it was that guy who forgot how to dock the cargo containers.) i dont know what causes the bug.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Prav posted:

GLOO CURES OPERATORS

mods name change plz

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
"I had this side gig going on, sorry"

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
The Dishonored 2 thread got archived so this seems like the next best place - there's some new content for Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider - :toot:

https://bethesda.net/en/article/j58...ource=Community

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Its tipped but it isnt fully tipped there

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I was thinking of doing another run after I finish Metro Exodus (which owns bones, incidentally). Has anyone tried Prey's survival or new game plus modes? Are they worth doing for a whole run?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Mike the TV posted:

Mooncrash is good, and fun.

Why the heck can't I get into it :(

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

veni veni veni posted:

Even though they aren't that similar I'd recommend Metro Exodus to anyone who enjoyed Prey. Played prey Right after Metro and they were 2 of the best, most robust single player FPSes I've ever played.

Yeah, not to toot the Metro horn too much in the Prey thread, but anyone here who really digs immersive first person games should try all three Metros. The level of detail in the world-building is nuts and right up there with Morrowind, Thief, Prey, and Dishonored in the pantheon of awesome poo poo that pulls you into the universe. (edit: and stalker too, I hear, but I never played that.)

Mike the TV posted:

I started to piece together what happened to the characters, and in what order the events probably happened, and I went searching for backstory. It's a clever trick in that regard, because it's exactly what the "main character" Peter does.

Thanks for this take! I'll keep it in mind the next time I try to play through.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 23, 2019

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Man... Prey is such a loving good game. I really enjoyed getting high as hell and playing through it. Feels like the most "complete" immersive sim in that there's no fast travel, no hubs, everything makes sense. The games systems are so tight it enables some really out of the box solutions.

Anyway the fact that it sold poorly is an indictment on humanity

Amazing. Every word you just said was perfectly correct.

Edit for some non-meme content: Theres always a spot in every immersive sim where I dont know the rules or the mechanics enough and I end up loving myself over in a quicksave where i have no health, no ammo, my legs are broke, and theres an enemy right around a corner. Those are some of my favorite times in gaming because they make me think around systems and use items in inventive ways, like the fire extinguisher in Deus Ex or combining possession and slow time in Dishonored. Prey is full of these moments and I love it for that.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 18, 2019

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Quote isnt edit

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Theres this weird thing with arkane games like this (also in Dishonored) where the game handles my choice of tools/powers so smoothly that it feels like my chosen way through a situation - and the consequences of that choice (good and bad) - are the only way through. Then I look at gameplay videos or watch other people and see that their solutions are just as valid or even better in a lot of ways. It's really a marvelous bit of game design. The newer deus exs have it too, but the approach over there feels more forced. Not sure if that's the right word. But prey really is something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I went through about 90% of the game before realizing shift makes you go faster in zero gravity. Yes I know all the controls are permanently on screen during those sequences. Didn't think I could go any faster because just holding W makes your thrust meter look maxed out. Going through every zero-G sequence at 1.49 m/s was torture.

On the plus side, you probably saved yourself some real embarrassing deaths (I sure didnt)