Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Zenimax Elder Scrolls Online, made the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm most likely going to just wait for a sale. The first prey was a master piece(in my opinion), I can wait to hear reviews. The commercials look like hot garbage.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 3, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jack Trades posted:

Just so you know, this Prey has literally nothing to do with the original. Different devs, different gameplay, different story.

:thejoke:

MinibarMatchman posted:

all I remember about Prey is that it tried to do a new gameplay mechanic with portals and then Portal literally came out the following year and poo poo all over it

Was alot more fun than portal 1, the puzzle simulator. Also portals wasn't really the main gimmick of prey 1, it was more of something that was there or you could do. Make fun of the American Indian spirit mode while your at it.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 3, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Sdoots posted:

I genuinely enjoyed Prey 2006, but goddamn dude, it wasn't a good game.

Oops sorry, let me fix that.

In my opinion, I thought it was a good game. YMMV

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Beat the game, it was pretty fun. The only thing I didn't like is the endings are like 30s long total. I guessed I was a Typhon like right away in the game. And I figured it was a simulation because they kept talking about a sim/going into a sim and I took Alex's escape pod early to see what it did. It looks like they left it open for another game too.

I like the part where the doctor told me not to talk to Dahl, even though I never spoke a single word during my alien killing rampage.

The music annoyed me and all the sounds when the bad guys see you, trying to add scare value.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 2, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ThomasPaine posted:

Wow, I thought the sound direction was flawless but then I absolutely love synthwave.

There was this one part of the music that has a high pitch like when you get attacked, I would stop and look around for bad guys when it would come on. Other than that one part I hardly remember the music now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are making a sequel to this game right? The ending pretty much showed that another game is possible.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So tempted and I prob will like it. Multiple unlockable characters to be.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So is it short? I figured for 20 bucks but I got prey for 20 bucks and it was a pretty long game. It sounds like you make it longer after you unlock more characters as one achievement is complete the simulation with all five characters in the same run. It's installing so I haven't tried it yet.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I found a bunch of neromods but I can't use them because a corrupted flying robot flew into me and gave me a concussion.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There's a ticking clock in the game and increases the difficulty of the game the longer is goes on. There's also a point where you just lose and have to start over. I don't know if you can pick any character you have unlocked to do first when you restart but the ones you play last will face the hardest/most amount of bad guys. Its kinda playing a human only, typhon only, and no needles playthroughs in the same game. Since you need to move quickly through the game there's less time to waste alot of time exploring and looting all the rooms. And taking stuff might leave less for the other characters.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 11, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There is some story expansion, I have no idea how much. When you totally lose, you get to keep all the upgrades to try again.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can find some funny looking scenes from it also.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ravenfood posted:

How does the effect where looting something as one character effects what other characters find in the world play out?

Most of the time it is then looted for them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I keep failing to figure out how to solve my objective and it quickly becomes a go down swinging simulator since when you die its over.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ravenfood posted:

e2: Wait, corruption level is shared across simulations? Haha, gently caress, I'll have to restart soon then.

Yea it turns it into a speed run and you gotta plan out what extra you want to do.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think if you can get enough distance you can shoot the button with the nerf crossbow.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was nearly out of time as the director and I couldn't figure out how to do her objective so I ended up by the mass driver so I activated it and escaped in the cargo box but I died due to lack of food while in earth orbit. It makes me wonder if doing it with alot of food in my inventory or as the correct character would change anything.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gadzuko posted:

Did you not get the objective for the mass driver escape? It should have lead you to load food, water and anti rad into the container ahead of time

Nope I skipped all that.

redreader posted:

You can fit through the crushed in tunnel!!??

If your talking about the crushed in tunnel by the command post, you can use the director abilities to turn into something small.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 12, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea that's the one. You can also access the other side of the crushed tunnel from "one" of the other exits in the crater. the lab. Its just a character can use abilities there to make it a shortcut. There's alot of different paths for each character and there's alot of different ways around each obstacle.

So in the labs there's kinda big staircase. I had a plan to go there first and it turns out this time the staircase was destroyed and I didn't have a gloo gun. After some searching of the room I found a climbable path. Even though the whole game is kinda small it is thought out pretty well.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 12, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ymgve posted:

Pink hourglasses seem very rare, and also it's not generous enough with my "pick up anything that's not nailed down" playing style.

I think they want you to play one character at a time and use basically the entire timer if you need too. When you start adding in characters per run it gets really really hard. I usually get stuck fighting the moon shark and whatever else spawns in the first area and am unable get further.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
But it always has an hour glass and precious other materials.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ravenfood posted:

How'd you end up killing it? Just unloaded on it with someone? I've just been avoiding it the whole time.

Things I think you need to do for each escape: You have to repair or climb up a grav shaft for the mass driver. Repair and hack for the mimic portal. Otherwise, you're free to go about them in any order. For extra fun, I think I'll try to do each one according to their "story" exit if I can.

The director and the engineer seem like the best ones for it. I'm pretty sure the security guard could do it too with combat focus and some trickery. Haven't tried it with the test subject or the last locked character. I'm pretty sure the janitor is not just a janitor.

I've gotten alot further now, on my 3rd character in a run. I think you wanna spend alot of time with 2 characters repairing and hacking things. You get more stuff you can do in the simulation the more orders you follow and they allow you to break it kinda. You have points from each run to outfit each new character with a shotgun and supplies and you also get a summonable robot that can hold items for your between the runs. So I have just been filling him up at right before I escape now so it passes over the items I don't use. The further you go also increases the quality of weapons you get also. Finding alot of weapons almost fully upgraded.

I haven't started a new run since finishing some characters to see if they get more objectives and make them go run around further each time. I wouldn't be surprised if the way they escape the first time is not how they actually escaped. As you do more orders also makes the simulation harder. I kinda think you will be able to escape with all characters before you finish the game.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 12, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Breezing along now, started as the engineer and looted/repaired everything. Making enough delay items that its never getting past the first level of corruption. The mini bosses don't seem to respawn unless the corruption goes up.

My other playthroughs ramped up the corruption fast so I never had a chance to see how sweet the knife is. Well except its super long take out animation.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 13, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

lambskin posted:

So I was doing the security guard's quest and the drat antidote didn't work after I used it. Still got the other objective done but the story remains uncompleted.

The same thing just happened to me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I try to run really fast around it or use the jetpack boost forward. If its really bad there might be another way around it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Outside of the quest item not working the rest of the run was super smooth and fast. The game is pretty fast after you repair everything and don't let corruption get out of control.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BaconCopter posted:

I didn't realize the DLC was $20... how long is each playthrough? I'm a big fan of rogue-likes too.

You might spend like an hour with each character until you farm enough skill points and then you can do all 5 characters really fast as your knowledge with the areas increases. Since things are somewhat random but not totally, it will be kinda fresh each attempt.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 13, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

redreader posted:

I have two control modules and no idea how to use them. I found the control module receptacle in the tower and ... nothing. What do I do with it? I tried pressing f next to it, and tried dropping the module. I'm playing as the repair person.

Keep doing the objectives, it will tell you when you can use them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just finished it. It was pretty fun. I thought I was going to be able to beat it in the same run I unlocked the 5th character but was only able to open up the test subject's objective mission and the 5th character's objective. So I had to redo the simulation again and clear it all again to do the last 2 characters objectives. I also was annoyed when I was doing the test subject objective and then found out the quest item was under a huge crate he couldn't move. Luckily I was able to physics the box away, it would of pissed me off so much if I had to rerun it all because a crate was in the way. I also died as the test subject during his objective because it seemed like when I attacked and killed typhons I would just die and his ending movie showed why but there was no warning at this at all. After the memory scene it instantly pumped corruption up to 4 and everything respawned so I just started fighting things. Then I was told I was a bad daddy and died instantly. So frustrated I just alt f4'd and it didn't actually save when I died so I could just restart the game and be right where I was.

I dunno if they could even implement a huge game with all the randomness. I guess it kinda links the events of prey to the ending of prey but it really didn't expand on it too much except the bad guys are really bad guys?

Story crap,
So they grabbed the launched operator right by the moon base and sent a hacker there to look at it? He didn't seem like a hacker because he was just like playing a vr game and they had their computers working on all the stuff. So when he finishes they just kill the guy. This seems like alot more effort than just collecting the operator and bringing it back. They could have just shot him at some base instead after he hacked the operator. He wouldn't of had the chance to mooncrash and get a shuttle and also fly back to earth with a mimic. It would have been a really loving interesting level if you had to then in reality work through the moonbase and everything was once again randomized.

And that operator with the copied Yu personality, wouldn't they also want that? Were they gonna just collect it later? cause now its on the moon. Wouldn't they had known that it had their company key on it because the spy mission had instructed her to place it on the operator? The same kind of key that could override controls on their hacker craft.

I guess it doesn't really matter. I just hope they make another game/sequel like this. I hope they let you have a pet mimic again.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can check what places don't have power or if they are on fire or if a tram is down at any security computer. There's one in the command post in the crater.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think the last level should have been what happens in the ending movie. This time for real, no more matrix but it was just a 20 buck dlc.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There's an achievement for having 50k sim points when you finish all the orders needed to beat the DLC. The also escape with all 5 characters in one run, you can do this at any time before you finish all your orders because you just reset the simulation when you run out of characters to play. The thing is you can have them escape any way you want also.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 21, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really really wish the final level was you playing the hacker on the moon base and it was basically reset again and you had to make your way through it for real.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

How do you play Mooncrash properly? There are a ton of enemies who are immune to everything and you have no resources, and you're up to Corruption 4, then you die after having spent all your credits and need to start over, except that the game decides it needs to be even harder than it was next time and it is PISSING. ME. OFF.

I still have not unlocked the hacker character.

- I know I'm "supposed" to run the repair and hacker characters first to unlock as much as possible.
- I found the Epic Artix Propulsion Pack chipset that gives you the super-long jump, so that seems like a good thing to take on every run to save some of the hassle of carefully bouncing from rock to rock in the crater.
- I also found the neuromod fabrication plan, as well as the "Corruption timer reset" fabrication plan.

Off the top of my head.

Always kill the landshark in the first area. Learn to do it, it is very easy to do. It gives you an item for more time. You should never be above corruption 1, EVER. Only the last character should go above corruption 1 and it is a story trigger that you cant stop. You should kill all the guys guarding escape routes because they also give those items.

1st character: pick the enginner(the person with the repair skill). Explore the entire base and repair everything. First go to the science area and loot the psy-knife it is the only weapon you need. After you repair and loot everything, put it all in your storage bot and leave the moon.
After your first run and the base is looted all other runs are faster!!!!
2nd chacter: pick the soldier(person with security skill). Take out weapons and items form the storage bot. Unlock everything on the moon. Put all items back in the storage bot and leave the moon.
The last characters are very easy because you have fixed and unlocked everything.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 11, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

This is not a big enough hint to be helpful. It does not die fast enough to shooting it repeatedly, and I see nothing about those "kill towers" or the control room which can be interacted with to make the towers kill it.

I am not enjoying this at all. Most Roguelikes do feature trial-and-error gameplay, but they usually don't have the layouts fixed to such a big degree, and locking out characters until you do certain actions in a certain order is repetitive, and not in a fun way. Maybe I'll come back to it in a week or so and it might seem like fun then.

That's what I've been doing. I haven't been spending much time trying to kill it. I did look around in vain for that so-called "easy" way, and I did try a brute force shotgun to the face while in maxed Combat Focus, which was ineffective. So I just try and avoid it.

You should be able to rock its world with the shotgun and combat focus.

Ok so like you always enter the big area where they warn you there may be a landshark. To your right are some rocks. Those rocks are your base. Stand up there and throw poo poo on the ground to lure the land shark too you. Engineer can just put down turrets and own it. The security guy can just murder it with the shotgun, you might need like a gold shotgun. Which you can get with the engineer in the first run.

You are not supposed to do everything your first run. Gonna take you a bunch of runs to learn all the layouts. Work on the KASMA Orders and slowly learn how to break the game. It is super easy.

I still wish there was last playthrough of mooncrash where you got to be the spoiler character in the ending credits.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 11, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I literally just died instantly when starting a new sim run in Mooncrash. "No reason for death provided". 10,000 credits spent and I died before even loading in. Luckily I just backed up my saves (I just unlocked all the story objectives except for Bhatia's), but that death was idiotic. Mooncrash is also an apt name as this thing has crashed on me a few times.

EDIT: Is there any such thing as a Psychostatic Cutter plan, or can you only find those mid-mission? EDIT 2: Never mind, just found the Elite cutter schematic.

You can cheese any death in mooncrash. If you die and you don't like it, alt f4. Your game is only saved at checkpoints and the start of runs. You can save scum easy.

Not sure how only purchasing a Jetpack would have have solved the "you die before spawning in" glitch. Besides, playing the same way all the time is boring.

Hes saying only getting the jetpack and nothing else.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Monsters kinda sucked but it was a pretty fun game overall.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I still wish the final part of Mooncrash was you playing the hacker going through the moon base after crashing on it to escape to earth. But with like everything semi reset and with more information and lore that was there already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Serephina posted:

Infinite was universally reviled, anyone defending it is usually just there to stir the pot. The only unironic blanket praise you'll see of it is from the major review sites shilling for it, which for a lot of people was finally the wake up call about what those sites are.

I want to say I thought bioshock infinite was amazing. I was pretty stoned when I played it though.