Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I like how Arkane's kinda starting to develop a developer's style. The rough-cut, painterly style of the faces in "Only Yu Can Save the World" is SO Dishonored. I am trying my best to not buy games day one, but this might be one of the exceptions.

e: Demo out in a week. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This demo was very good and I will buy the game and tell the internet that Cowcaster's brother worked on it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Would you prefer them trying to capitalize off Fallout? Talos I, the first Vault in space, featuring Vault Boy! :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The game isn't out yet, so it's hard to say. But given that big rear end stationary deplorable turrets exist, I'd say no.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Wafflecopper posted:

Fuckin stationary turrets and their stubborn refusal to move, I deplore them too

gently caress the turrets! :arghfist: That's what I get for phone posting. The worst part is those turrets ARE movable, which is great if you're trying to ambush a bunch of Phantoms. It's how I cleared out the two in the IT room.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I remember the shotgun in RE4/5 being very good.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm sure at some point your brother injects himself with about 100 neuromods and turns into the Joker like in that one bit from Arkham Asylum.

At any rate, they've been experimenting with the Typhon things, right? Can't imagine they'll just stay as little dudes and fake dudes. Also, if you manage to get close enough to a Phantom, it turns out they're still talking. :eek:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I just thought 'oh, they shared tech from the Dishonored 2 team' because that is some Crack In The Slab tech.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What is your other cool sci-fi experience.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
whenever i see PC master race i realize that gabe newell was right and video games were a mistake

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

I'm most likely going to just wait for a sale. The first prey was a master piece, I can wait to hear reviews. The commercials look like hot garbage.

:jebstare:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

Was alot more fun than portal 1, the puzzle simulator. Also portals wasn't really the main gimmick of prey 1, it was more of something that was there or you could do. Make fun of the American Indian spirit mode while your at it.

Are you okay, my guy?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

fadam posted:

I'm pretty sure all the poo poo they ate from that godawful DooM video was a major factor in Polygon basically turning into a memey Youtube personality channel.

Not to turn it into a discussion, it seems to me that the sort of completely objective review site is on its way out, and that most people would rather consume individual opinions based on personality. Like, I know Alex Navarro on Giant Bomb is generally into the same games I am, so I'm more interested to hear his take on the Beastcast than read a bunch of reviews.

and new Polygon is very good. The Please Retweet series if an exercise into the agony and ecstasy involved in getting Nintendo to retweet a very good picture of Toad.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm off the controversial opinion that we see how the game runs before complaining about how bad the game runs. :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

1stGear posted:

If the first passcode isn't something similar to 0451, no buy.

The first necessary password is.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 4, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No that's the best part. The most authentic System Shock 2 experience.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

Where is it?

Pay attention to the looking glass scene. The code is on a white board in the recording, but by present day, it's been wiped clean.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

Was that in the demo? I don't remember what you're describing in that place.

Yeah. At least I think we're discussing the same thing. Your office. The message that past Morgan left you, they're in a specific place in time and space -- a place that in current day has a white board that has a code on it wiped off. During Morgan's message, the code is still visible on the board.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Like I said, it's just being as honest an homage to System Shock 2's music as can be. :colbert:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
You learn to lift with your legs and not your brain.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
shawn: send me free stuff

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, Bethesda borked the marketing real bad. Just about the worst thing you can do for anything as long as you're even slightly confident that it's good is not promote it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
You are directly pointed to one over the course of the very early story -- more are found scattered throughout the environment.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So there's a bit where you turn on the Looking Glass server again. In the second test video, after Calvini's told Miyu to go home, if you're looking all the way to the left, you can see him open a secret compartment. How do you open it?

e: Found it.

He has messages on his computer [spoiler]about wanting a specifically 170 gram coffee cup, and then a scale that switches on/off when it reads 170 grams. Find his cup, put it on the scale next to the compartment.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 7, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

sexy mouse posted:

Anyone playing on PS4? Is the performance good? How are the controls?

It seems fine to me, 3 hours in. :v: No hiccups.

God, the Phantoms are really loving me up. Heading into Psychotropics now, am I supposed to have something better than my pistol? Haven't found shotgun shell schematics yet.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I have a shotgun. Just not schematics for the shells so it's been at 0 shots for a while. :v: I have shots for a Q-beam and a taser but I've found neither because my PERCEPTION is low.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I spend most of my day hitting things with a wrench.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The first one is on the main path forward. Not sure about Qcells.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
oh god the nightmare just one shot me from 74 health and full suit :commissar: I thought it could only show up when I didn't take the high-level mods!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Big Endgame Thing has gone down. Where do I go to use the fabricator?

e: "The Bridge." Slash, Lobby.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 15, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I beat the game, clocking in about 22 hours. Is good. Will probably go back for Typhon-only and flesh-and-steel runs later.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Making quick decisions is one thing, defying conservation of mass to become a coffee cup is quite another.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

scaterry posted:

What the heck are reployers used for? Is there a lore reason?

They are for reploying, my dude.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Altman be praised

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
But that happens very rarely and D2 has lots more options for loudly non-lethalling enemies. play dishonroed is good

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Someone please phantomize Alex and take a screen shot.

He turns into a Poltergeist.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It was a while between D2 released and the dlc announcement. If there is Prey dlc, I can't imagine hearing about it until the holidays.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Real reason is Alex is control while Morgan gets the variables.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
AND IT'S OUT RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Buying the DLC at least proves I care about Prey to Bethesda's overlords so Arkane can keep on making stuff. I like roguelite stuff too.