Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"Reployer" is an anagram for "Prey lore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:saddowns:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

you can gloo the operator dispensers shut

:aaa:

is there nothing gloo can't doo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mooncrash owns a bunch but I can't help hoping I'll find a really good reason why Morgan and Alex would have never mentioned Riley.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol I just bypassed a destroyed staircase entirely by accident because a Poltergeist threw me into the air, right before it finished burning to death from a Superthermal. Thanks buddy!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Leverage is mostly useful for pulling heavy debris out of doorways. It's hard to actually kill things with thrown objects.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

also I am going to start all my runs with engineer until and unless I need a different order for quintuple escape

Repair can clear so many paths for everyone that this seems like the way to go regardless. A full escape attempt only makes it more vital, since you absolutely have to repair the mimic portal in Pytheas Labs, and quite likely the MoonWorks mass driver's ground-floor lift too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's not strictly necessary but I've always found it to be a big help.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WELP just found a good reason why maybe the engineer shouldn't always go first.

It's possible for the mimic portal room's door to be unpowered, meaning the only one who can open it is the security chief with Leverage III. So it's not a complete waste of neuromods after all! Hooray!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Power was on in the labs when I saw it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if using lots and lots of magic hourglasses makes it too easy, consider...not doing that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thundercracker posted:

Question about the director escape ending. I'm assuming it was Alex that installed the subroutine to kill Riley right? The Custodian only hid the Kasma key on it.

I'm just not sure why he would do such a thing.

That doesn't seem like Alex's style to me. Riley's family, and she's useful. I'm pretty sure the KASMA key is what killed her. Basilisk mentions it has "extra instructions" on it.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 6, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Prav posted:

i've learned to just leave stuff that i don't need. no don't haul it to a recycler. leave it. someone else might need it later. just walk away.

But then you should stockpile it in an optimal location!!! should I use the nearest security station, or maybe the command center, or do I have time to run back to the starting room and dump it all there oh god oh god oh god :spergin:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I picked up this game in the Steam sale and it’s so good. I just got jettisoned out of Deep Storage and came back in the cargo bay, how much longer do I have in the game? I really like reading all the emails and seeing all the different NPCs’ personalities even though I’ve only actually met a few. I like how it’s implied that really nobody likes Morgan

That's about three-quarters of the way through the main story, but you might still have lots of side objectives left.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 8, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Prav posted:

they're for riley's underwhelming story mission

Once you've completed that mission, you can use the towers as often as you want.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

e: They did a really great job fixing the Nightmare's behavior for the DLC, I remember in the main game it was always kind of a pushover because it would get stuck on stuff and couldn't enter human-sized doors. Now it has this amazing-looking transition effect that lets it simply enter whatever room it wants to, making it a lot more dangerous and interesting as an enemy.

This has been added to the base game too, although he's still a pushover if you've got Psychoshock III and a souped-up Q-Beam.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 8, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Only the 1% get the privilege of brain tape.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gadzuko posted:

Just had a run where Moonworks had no power, no tram, no oxygen, and (as I discovered after restoring power) flooding/electrical damage. Get your poo poo together Moonworks :argh:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I want to highlight one of my favorite little details in Mooncrash's level design. This is the whiteboard in Brian Chung's office (the director of Moonworks):

Usually a whiteboard in a shooter would be either blank or covered in stuff that's irrelevant and/or unreadable. Arkane still does this sometimes, but they also use the environment to relay information to the player in a way that most other developers don't. In this case, the whiteboard is highlighting the weak spot of the harvesters in a way that makes sense in-universe without beating you over the head with a tutorial. It's really cool. The weak spot is also a good pro tip if anyone wasn't already aware, makes it easy to kill the harvester with just a couple wrench hits.

They also use a whiteboard to sneak in the requisite 0451 reference, since all codes are random:

Now I wonder why Andrius's cell isn't the one you need to unlock from Riley's workstation. Maybe they decided his story mission was horseshit enough already.

And a Harvester's real weakness is Electrostatic Burst. Just one more argument for the Engy First camp, since she can easily farm any control modules you need.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Typhon Lures should also work.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I thought I'd been pretty thorough about exploration in my first Preythrough but holy poo poo I missed so much. New sidequests all over the place. I never even knew that Phantoms will creepily whisper random NPC dialogue to themselves.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bogart posted:

Okay, it looks like using the Director's objective tower zapper spits out 2000~ish bounty at Stage 2. Control modules cost 1k each, you need two to do a blast, and there's four-to-six of them free in the control tower's basement.

Your money woes are now over.

e: Okay, this is a little uneven. Seems like enemies in buildings and underground won't be zapped so you need to do a lap before heading up to hit the switch.

ee: Do it with the Engineer. She can repair the control mods for cheap and gets more bounty out of it.

eee: It isn't buildings, I'm a dumbass. It just affects the third of the crater you're looking at.

You can easily zap two Harvesters in the crater for your modules. Find a tower with lots of Tentacle Nests or other Typhon lurking around it, then toss a Typhon Lure at it to pull the Moonshark over.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 11, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's fun but you get a lot more just from recycling every duplicate weapon you find, maybe along with some medkits/psi hypos/other supplies you feel like you can spare.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:yeah:

Sometimes I wish there was an option for fabricating multiple items at once, but it's never a huge issue.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

What the gently caress is this jape-rear end pod. What do I even do here? Please help, my Volunteer is dying.

congratulations, you are exactly halfway through the volunteer story mission's full list of gently caress-yous

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I say this a lot but Typhon Lures.

Do you have Regen II, and/or the chipset that gives you elemental resistance?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sharkle is resistant to bullets but takes decent damage from any psi power. I've had good results sniping it from cover with the Volunteer. Luring it into Tentacle Nests or dropping Typhon Spores at its feet should work well too.

You can throw objects onto the crater surface to distract it, or temporarily disable a Typhon gate to escape by hitting its monitor with electricity.

If you don't have the Artax fab schematic yet, look everywhere for one. There are tons of places where jumping farther or canceling a fall comes in handy.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 14, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You keep all your neuromod abilities, schematics, and chipsets when you reset the sim.

e: in fact if you want the Galaxy Brain achievement you should go for that before completing all of KASMA's objectives, because there's no postgame

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 14, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Each objective only needs to be completed once.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've only ever seen enemies get reshuffled when the corruption level rises, or on a sim reset.

Corruption adds a score multiplier on top of escalating threats. It won't force a reset until it reaches level 6.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Completing objectives, scoring kills, unlocking doors, and collecting important stuff like neuromods, keycards, schematics, and chipsets will all score you points. Start with the engineer, don't buy anything except a few delay loops, and comb the whole facility for loot and repairs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

double nine posted:

goddamn it. does anyone remember, near the shuttle escape area there is a bar, next to said bar there is a storage area. I can't remember how to get in there. I know there's a maintenance hatch that should lead to it but I'm completely blanking on where it is. I need to get in to find some goddamn drinks for the trip home.

The woman with the key should be in the dining hall on the floor below.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

wyoak posted:

The wrench seems to whiff when it feels like it shouldn't, so I'm getting tooled on by greater mimics and corrupted operators which is a little embarrassing.

Mimics can dodge your wrench swings sometimes. Gloo them up first.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Farrier Theaks posted:

mods name change plz

GLOO GLOO GLOO, Farrier Theaks! GLOO GLOO GLOO!!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thundercracker posted:

I really hope they do a mooncrash 2 or something if this sold well. There's so much potential to be explored in this space.

Just give me a postgame where I can tweak all the Typhon spawns and disaster levels and poo poo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Replaying Prey now, so I can get Mooncrash when I remember how to play again.

shoot the aliens

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MikeJF posted:

What's the deal with the Volunteer story mission? Apparently I'm not allowed to kill any typhon while under the influence but whenever I try to do anything I generally get murdered by thermal or voltaic zaps or stabbed by tentacles

The PSI Resistor chipset is a big help with that.

genericnick posted:

Maybe I missed something but how do I get rid of the DRM in the base game? Is the office in the fabricator?

To reset your neuromod license, go through the Volunteer Quarters on the second floor of Neuromod Division and find Halden Graves's office. You can unlock neuromod fabrication from his workstation.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Moonshark's ground slam has a very high chance of hemorrhage, yeah. Which is neat because it means you have a big angry Typhon all up on your bozack and now you can't run away.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

genericnick posted:

Was there any important place that was accessible with leverage? Also are there more places Doomguy can call security bots?

In Mooncrash, you only need Leverage if the power's out. There should be security op dispensers at each security station--or at least a chance for dispensers to be there.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

genericnick posted:

The fact that the Engineer can install enough Typhon abilities to get hated by doors is bullshit.

You can zap the sensor stations with Electrostatic Burst to get by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anything that works on a Nightmare should also work on the Moon Shark; you just have to coax it out of the dirt first.

If you have control modules to spare, you can just use the magic towers in the crater to destroy it.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jun 11, 2019