Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that botch with cesaro was like infinitely bad tho

Yeah but poo poo happens. Matt Sydal is one of the most crisp wrestlers around and dude broke his leg doing a simple dive. Sami zayn was out for 6 months for putting his hands in the air. Like it's wrestling. Botches happen. Maybe I'm easier on botches than most people but seriously you guys get pretty ridiculous on this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Rotating guys in and out is a thing that it feels like people have been saying forever but logically has zero reason to ever happen because you'd be asking wrestlers to take a significant pay cut.

Maybe they can make them actual employees instead of private contractors then.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly wwe could probably solve a lot of the injury problems they have by cutting house shows down by a lot.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

enzo's only move besides his chicken strip strut is just getting picked up by cass and thrown on top of someone

And that's cool and good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
There are a lot of positives to house shows. In fact my favorite live wwe shows I went to were house shows, but man they are literally working 6 days out of the week. That's going to take a toll.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'd love to see a legit tough guy like Bas Rutten bully JBL.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That's a really hairy boy

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Brock needs to win in 10 seconds just so wwe can truly continue their 50/50 booking.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love the wwe company line of I'm not mad I'm actually laughing.

*edits it to make it look like the crowd actually loves Roman.*

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bring it to the table is such a weird show. Like could you imagine if like the MLB or NBA had an official show where they just got on there to talk about how their fans are actually really stupid and they should shut up or not watch. Like what other company could get away with that?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

NHL does it too along with the MLB

Shows how much I know about sports.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gatts posted:

Can we get a passing of the torch promo too? And when that fails can we get it next night at RAW and have all the legends come out to shake Reigns hands and Bruno to fellate him?

You know just to be sure. The true last resort is Reigns vs Coporate Vince year long storyline.

I just wish we had a beloved Indy darling to come out and tell us how Roman is the real star in wwe. Maybe get nakamura to come out and say Roman is the only big dog in wwe.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I remember him. He was in a tag called The Dudebusters, with Ropongi Vice's Trent Baretta, who's whole thing was they were bros in a very mid two thousands way and they liked Guitar Hero and Bill Murray and this was their theme music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfB6OnjqBcA

It's a bitter sweet symphony sound alike and that's the song Trent comes out to in the indies now.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CubsWoo posted:

He calls it The Rear View

He called it the trunk of his car.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Are they planning of putting any of this on the network? Because that would be really cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That's a smart rear end kid.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Post the part where he talks about how he is an alpha and he loves wrestling cause it's all alphas.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hahaha dude I can't believe you're going against the WWE's top guy. Holy poo poo dude you're crazy. You're so loving sick holy poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roman is going to be competent but not exciting and taker is going to wander around and look pregnant. It will truly be a main event for the ages.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's bizarro season in wwe!!!! Roman actually likes getting booed!! *edits it to make it looks like he is getting cheered.*

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Only losers watch NXT

Yah but ur king of the losers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm really excited to hang out with some friends and eat food tomorrow. But I don't know how any one can be excited for mania. It's legit one of the worst cards they have ever had.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
At this point imagine actually liking wrestlemania.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really want Black to start coming to the ring wearing a Baphomet mask.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stale Saltines posted:

i'm making edibles cause lol at being sober for even a minute of this show

My dude

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite part of this mania is I'll never re watch anything that happened.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That mania was really bad. Even the good things were merely fine. No match rose above a middling match. The woman's fatal 4 way was good but ended 10 minutes early. The ladder match was fun but it wasn't anything special. Hardy's wining was real cool though. I actually really liked Brock vs Goldberg because they just said gently caress it and did a 5 minute match where they did nothing but finishers, but is this really the level of mania we're supposed to expect? Isn't this the biggest show of the year? What made it special or different than any other ppv other than some nice gear and pyro.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

WMs are overloaded and bad so any one that has more than 4 matches,that don't feel like a waste of time means it's a fine time spend.

The ME sucked but i've been watching great Taker matches to make up for it. First two thirds were solid, last 3rd was snooze worthy. Good 4 hour show. Mediocre 7.5 hour show.

Wrestle kingdom was a 5 hour show and it was loving amazing. Even the lame stuff wasn't dreadful.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I loving loved the projections in the ring for the Bray Orton match. I just wish that loving lead anywhere.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

a.lo posted:

A cena/taker match is definitely a WM moment

Not only would it be good it would call back to the feud that pretty much made Cena a star in the first place.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've said it before. Roman is not bad in the ring. He is largely competent and can do what he needs to do. He is however only good at having one wwe style match. He has nothing special or unique about him. He isn't technical, he can't fly, he doesent really do power stuff. He just has basic wwe style matches. I don't think he has the ability to call stuff on the fly and I think that's part of the reason the match was so bad last night. The matches story wasn't there at all. I think the story was that Roman wasn't afraid of taker but I don't really know how that's an interesting story because Roman didn't really do anything to convey that last night other than doing his moves he always does.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

okay this is a center of the sun hot take but if the braun/roman match at fastlane is a good roman match its because braun carried him or someone replaced the match with something else on youtube. roman does nothing the whole match, i honestly think you can count the moves he does on two hands

See I thought that match sucked real bad. Neither one of them did much. And the poo poo they did was real sloppy or just didn't really make sense. The psychology in that match was awful. Braun goes to the top turnbuckle for some reason. Roman pretty much no sells going through the announcer table. That match sucked.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Was the crowd being muted during the main event last night or did they just not give a poo poo about Roman ?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
HHH Rollins was so drat boring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

HHH/Rollins was pretty good and told a nice story. There was a legit injury to work around so they couldn't just go balls to the wall. Outdoor arenas don't lend themselves to super hot crowds because the sound just dissipates.

Lol yes let's just ignore how hot the crowd was for the hardy's.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually don't hate Seth using the Pedigree even now, I just thought this match should've ended differently because symbolism. I wouldn't have expected a full Curb Stomp return, just like, a one off super finisher like Orton's punt, which got used at least once after it was deemed A Bad Thing.

The crowd was legit hot for the end of HHH/Rollins.

Could have fooled me for how quiet it seemed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

According to Meltzer the Raw Bayley main evented had a historic drop off in female viewers. She is only a draw to nerdy old men, who try to justify their love by saying they like that she is a positive role model to young girls or something when there is no evidence that young girls actually like her

Similar to the huge male following for My Little Pony, now that I think about it

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

They've been tracking viewing demographics for decades.

But like on that one specific episode they were able to say that tons of women just stopped watching and it was because of Bayley?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Bayleychat: She needs to stop looking terrified while she watches her opponents walk to the ring. She shows like 0 confidence despite being champ.

You should want the face to fear the heel. That's part of being a face champ you are in constant danger of having it taken away. That's really good psychology. Roman is trash because he is never afraid of anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bayley and Alexa are both good. Charlotte is good too. Nia is bad but she has the potential to be good.

• Locked thread