Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Why on Earth wasn't this announced on Raw last night?

Only 3 hours. Guess USA will have to ask for a fourth when the next TV deal comes up

(I'm kidding, they'll ask for SD to be 3 too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

-SmackDown Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss to defend against all SmackDown women who are available to compete (Kickoff Match)

-2017 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Match)

-WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Austin Aries (Kickoff Match)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Link Chris James 2? Thanks.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

#MauroRanalloWatch

I don't think he's gonna be at Mania if he's not here rn :smith: gently caress jbl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says Reigns is selling more merch than any other full-timer. We Did It

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Rowan's in town? Wonder if he'll figure into the WWE title match.

It's Orlando, of course he'd be in town. Gotta call out Dwayne for a rematch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

That's the thing as well, you can't even try to argue that he's useful to have around. JBL sucks rear end all around these days and he provides nothing that would even come close to making up for the awful poo poo he's done to people.

This sorta hits home to me because around this time last year I had an emotional breakdown/suicidal thoughts so I know how hosed up it can feel when you feel attacked and miserable. JBL can legit go loving announce for some lovely indie fed in Texas and stay away from WWE forever.

Agreed completely. They have more than enough commentators/personalities

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

I thought that telling goons to kill themselves was banned!?

Mods!?

bradzilla posted:

Why are you trying to kill me, Chris James 2

If that were the goal, VINTAGE would absolutely be "Finish Your Drink"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/847513744532025344

goddamn

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stale Saltines posted:

It's especially hilarious after HHH saying "he's actually a heel, we're totally getting the reactions we want here!"

"You boo him, that makes him a heel :smug: my work's done, time to take a selfie" - HHH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STANG

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seth has the flu

These Odds, how can he Overcome

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The drama isn't in who wins Taker/Reigns, it's in whether Taker shakes or raises Reigns' hand after the big dog wins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pretty good.

He also confirmed that Team Cena was supposed to win at EC 2013 (three months into the Shield) but they all went to Vince and argued to get it changed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hayes did a Table For 3 with Bischoff and Cornette :stare:

@MichaelPSHayes1
Just did Table for 3 with Bischoff and Cornette, 1st time Eric and Corny had spoke in over 24 years!!! Never been a Table for 3 like this!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Post the part where he talks about how he is an alpha and he loves wrestling cause it's all alphas.

Pretty smart of him to already be teasing the Summerslam 2018 match where Kenny Omega loses to him and raises his hand

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/848201438161506304

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nikki confirmed at Axxess she's taking a break after Mania too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Also according to Meltzer, he did some polling about the match with the most buzz. WWE did it indepdently as well so they figure what might go on last.

They both got the same answer.

bow wow

Dave on Observer Radio today: "There is obviously a reason that it's going on last... if Roman does win they know the reaction, believe me"

Taker's last match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/848299191646515202

#FreeMauro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since we're talking dork poo poo a new episode of Rick and Morty just dropped on Adult Swim unannounced. I'm not joking, it's an actual episode and not a prank.

It is a prank. Channel keeps (at least half) the season from airing over a year after it's been finished and ready, then finally airs the premiere for 4 hours on loop on the day everyone expects an announcement of it airing to be a prank. It's the best April 1 joke they've made in years, and in my opinion since they aired the full extended Space Ghost Coast to Coast ant episode

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

the resemblance is uncanny

oh m y loving god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erebus posted:

lmao undertaker is going to be retired by roman reigns in an argument over who owns a yard

That's what he gets for starting the argument :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

i know i poo poo on the WWE all the time and i hate everything, but i want to believe that they are not dumb enough to do something as catastrophically stupid as have Roman Reigns defeat and retire The Undertaker at wrestlemania

please do not tell me i am wrong i don't want to hear it

bookmarked

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

i know i poo poo on the WWE all the time and i hate everything, but i want to believe that they are not dumb enough to do something as catastrophically stupid as have Roman Reigns defeat and retire The Undertaker at wrestlemania

please do not tell me i am wrong i don't want to hear it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe wasn't even in the ARMBAR :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. lolfoochs

2. :rip: Taker

3 and most importantly. To complete Reigns' dominating run, not only should he retire Cena at Mania 35 (to compliment Taker today and Brock at 34), he should retire Dwayne at 36. Make Reigns The Greatest Star of All Time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

why are you blaming roman reigns for not being able to lift taker's old, sandbagging rear end

i mean in all actuality that botch was neither of their fault, undertaker couldn't even bend over let alone jump to give roman the leverage he needed, and roman was put in an awkward position in trying a spot that they had no business doing

if anyone gets the blame its the person who called that spot

Honestly yeah. Really baffling to think they should have done that spot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

Dwayne is actually worth more than the brand so they can't afford him anymore

That's why I said at 36. 36 is 2020, the Fast and Furious series ends in '19. If they're ever getting another chance to have him in a match, it's likely then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

the botch was fortunate in that it would of ended in clear disaster

however,

Cena could have got him up and conducted the spot safely.

e - and what the hell do you mean sandbagging, taker struggled his best to get momentum

Cena doesn't have a history of hernias including months away due to severe ones.

God, remember when they had him trying to lift the big show immediately coming off of that? This is how the company treats people they LIKE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave and Bryan say there's at least some doubt internally right now Mauro ever comes back on-air for the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

January 13, Dave tweeted (in response to someone wondering if Cena/Taker not happening this Mania was so it could happen next Mania):

quote:

No, just Vince has a different vision for the show and thinking longterm picture not short-term.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

They somehow did it for Hogan/Sting.

Owens and/or Balor are due a title rematch at some point. Maybe AJ if he jumps to Raw. Still plenty of time to have Lesnar drop the belt maybe around Summerslam and pick it back up at the Survivor Series or Rumble.

Whoa, 3 singles matches for Brock?! Sounds super optimistic right now, that's basically his total over the last 2 years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Video feed of HHH preparing for his entrance

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

roman will be the death of this company

Promise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012