Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well as go-homes go, Goldberg spearing Brock was a shitload better than Brock and Roman having a tug of war over the belt I guess.

Sami beating former Universal Champion Kevin Owens in the (wrestling) main event of the go-home to Wrestlemania.... to get a spot on the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was bizarre though. Hell I even figured he'd say,"Actually I changed my mind, I want a match against Samoa Joe!" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Good morning friends, who else is looking forward to SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight? :)

I'm gonna miss it Live :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Maybe you can watch SMACKDOWN almost LIVE instead, friend :)

The saying used to be if you can't watch it live, watch it later. I will definitely watch it later :unsmith:

It's just a shame I'm gonna miss out on the live last second/come to their senses announcement that Shane McMahon is in no shape to wrestle and will be replaced by his Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why on Earth wasn't this announced on Raw last night?

Professor Funk posted:

Can someone make a running list of topics that we're not allowed to make jokes about here on comedy forum Something Awful dot com?

Please don't make fun of my fat, ugly mama.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jack Anderson posted:

New Japan is better than WWE right now.

There I said it.

http://i.imgur.com/q5KaY97.gifv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Listen, I just want a confused Cena to propose to Breezy Bella after the match, okay?

Tyler Breeze's alt-account located.

Or possibly Fandango's....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

I really hope it is good, I would like it to be!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

I imagine employee insurance for a wrestling company would be a nightmare. Apparently insurance companies that cover movie stuntmen will monitor scripts and send loss control people to the set -- there probably isn't any wrestling company that wants to have to clear all their spots through an underwriter first.

Insurance Company: Well Mr. McMahon it's quite simple, you're covered for 100% of damages and literally the only thing you have to do is to have a plan written down more than 5 minutes before the airing of your live show and then stick with it.
Vince: I can't live with these impossible conditions!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That loving Wrestlemania ramp :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Step 2. Mauro-Renee booth.

Daniel Bryan frequently shows up to make them both giggle adorably. :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ stop loving with JR, God :mad:

Skaw posted:

Just take him to open mic night at a comedy club, and your wish will be granted.

Haha, awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/19056390/wwe-drew-mcintyre-confirms-nxt-signing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5tfRdkoY0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

The cool kids were playing Horizon Zero Dawn and downloading the Gwent beta.

I wasn't doing either of those things.... so I guess your story checks out.... :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since we're talking dork poo poo a new episode of Rick and Morty just dropped on Adult Swim unannounced. I'm not joking, it's an actual episode and not a prank.

Fucccck!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In the interests of positivity I just want to say I thought Goldberg/Lesnar was perfectly booked, and Goldberg's booking for this entire run in WWE has been pretty loving fantastic too. I loved the poo poo out of their Mania match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I also thought the Wyatt stuff putting worms and roaches in the ring was dumb as poo poo

I thought it was great... then Orton just hit an RKO and won anyway.... :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Probably been asked few times now, but how was mania? I saw that Reigns/Taker went last and rolled my eyes.

Too long. Most of the matches were perfectly fine if not particularly exciting, some rose to greatness (the ladder tag match, Brock vs Goldberg especially), some were ironically too short (the Raw women's title match), some were left too late and put in the wrong place (the Smackdown women's title match) and some were infuriating (the WWE Championship match). The problems with the show wouldn't have felt as bad (and conversely the good stuff in the show would have felt better) if it hadn't been so long, but as it is it was like 6 hours long.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

It was short on talking segments in general, really. Kind of surprising.

I was seriously expecting something from Jericho after the end of his match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is 9 pages too late but I just wanted to say this is the greatest achievement in all of human history.

• Locked thread