Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I need to ask GBS goons what kind of bike I should buy. I used to be a thin guy (I weighed 103 in my sophomore year of high school at 5'6") and now at close to 50 i ballooned up to close to 200. I want a bike I can ride around comfortably on and get some exercise. I don't want a 10 speed where I have to bend forward in fear of going face first into a wall or not being able to straighten up. I don't want to spend a large amount of money but also realize you get what you pay for. Any advice GBS Bike Gods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

AN EXERCISE BIKE YOU FAT gently caress

hth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know poo poo about bikes sorry op. :shrug:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Ratjaculation posted:

AN EXERCISE BIKE YOU FAT gently caress

hth

I sorta want to view and the fresh air fellow fat gently caress.

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
Fixed gear, no brakes and a 51 12 gearing.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Piggy Smalls posted:

im actually really skinny and was going to make a thread on bulking up

pinarello dogman
Jun 17, 2013

A Banshee Darkside sounds right up your alley, OP.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Piggy Smalls posted:

An outdoor rated exercise bike.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Buy a cheap secondhand bike because your fat rear end is gonna use it twice and then go right back to being a disgusting, lazy, inert slob.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Go to the bike store and let them talk you into paying $5,000 for a carbon bicycle with all the works that you'll use 3 times and then sell at a garage sale for $200 in 5 years.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Just go to Walmart and get whatever. You're not Lance Armstrong so who gives a gently caress?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
I don't really know or care about bikes

us vs also us hosed around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 16:32

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

No. 6 posted:

Buy a cheap secondhand bike because your fat rear end is gonna use it twice and then go right back to being a disgusting, lazy, inert slob.

I don't get an A for effort in wanting to exercise? :(

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Piggy Smalls posted:

I don't get an A for effort in wanting to exercise? :(

We have a subforum for this poo poo, no one in GBS wants to exercise or be fatshamed for not exercising.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Go to a bike co-op or whatever and get a used steel frame road bike that is the proper height for you. Schwinns or Peugeots from the 70s-80s are the best. Don't spend more than 2 or 3 hundo. Make sure the frame isn't bent and that the wheels have been trued and that the gears shift smoothly. If you have to lean forward then the bike is not your size.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Oh wow you're a tiny man. Get a 53 cm frame.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I'd recommend a Pinarello Dogma F10.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Link your local craigslist. You're 5'6"?

I'm not the best to do this, but I'll try to find you a deal.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
Buy this. Or, go to a local bike shop, and buy something similar. It's good enough so that if you hate riding it, it won't be the fault of the bicycle, and it is affordable for just about anyone.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/windsor/dover1.htm

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BglzNAML78M

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
realtalk: the more wheels, the better. they'll try to get you on some rinky-dink 2-wheel setup but you know better. don't settle for less than three, preferably four or five!

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Thank you guys! I used to love my big wheel when I was a kid. I could tear up the road on it.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

Thank you guys! I used to love my big wheel when I was a kid. I could tear up the road on it.

I remember when they first came out - I wanted one so badly I could taste it. But my father nixed the idea because they were 100% plastic. I instead got a Sears trike, and the steel frame broke. Actually, it broke twice because my father brazed it back together after the first time. I actually watched it break the second time because I let the little girl from next door ride it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Piggy Smalls posted:

go on craigslist and buy some lovely roadster man for real not even clownin on u i bike all day everyday and this is what i have done

• Locked thread