Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
In regards to your money problem, you won't have to worry about that as long as you keep doing kinstone fusions. A lot of them result in you getting money in some fashion. Also if you see any strange parts of the scenery, like those fallen trees, it's related to kinstone fusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I feel like I made pretty good progress here:

Part 11 - The Pegasus Boots
Part 12 - Castor Wilds

This game is absolutely burying me in Kinstones, I had assumed these things would be really rare. And I mentioned how I wasn't too impressed with the enemy roster in the game so far, not very many new faces and the like. What do you guys think?

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
There are a few parts where you are required to fuse kinstones to progress but, as you found out in castor wilds, when that happens you will usually be given the kinstone piece or will find it in a chest in the area.

Also I think you can kill the armos statues by shooting them in the eye a few more times but I might be mis-remembering.

One more thing, wasn't there a place on mt. crenal that had the clone panels and a locked door? Its not a bad idea to go back there when you get the chance.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

savixeon posted:

Also I think you can kill the armos statues by shooting them in the eye a few more times but I might be mis-remembering.

One more thing, wasn't there a place on mt. crenal that had the clone panels and a locked door? Its not a bad idea to go back there when you get the chance.

Yeah, I really should've thought of that.

And I think maybe, but I swear it was a really huge block bigger than the biggest I've pushed so far, so I assume I need more Link clones. I'll go and check soon either way.

And here we go:

Part 13 - The Wind Ruins
Part 14 - The Fortress of Winds

I actually do have one more video recorded making further progress, but I'm saving it for tomorrow because I have no time to record then.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
You're doing pretty well right now so I'll share some info about some of the monsters you ran into.

1. Try using your cane of pacci or gust jar the next time you run into skeletons.
2. If you want a nice surprise, try hitting those electric balls with your boomerang.
3. An easy way to get the drop on rupee like-likes is to attack every rupee you see on the ground. Hitting money with your sword, truly the best way to test for counterfeits.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

savixeon posted:

You're doing pretty well right now so I'll share some info about some of the monsters you ran into.

1. Try using your cane of pacci or gust jar the next time you run into skeletons.
2. If you want a nice surprise, try hitting those electric balls with your boomerang.
3. An easy way to get the drop on rupee like-likes is to attack every rupee you see on the ground. Hitting money with your sword, truly the best way to test for counterfeits.

All noted, thanks for the continued advice, man. And I'll be honest, I completely forgot I even had the Boomerang.

Just one video today:

Part 15 - Of Library Books and Kinstones

I didn't make nearly as much progress as I was hoping. I know what to do now and I feel stupid for missing what I was supposed to do.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 14, 2017

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I'm glad I can give good advice.

I think minish cap is the legend of zelda game that I have spent the most time of out of all of them and while I wouldn't say its my absolute favorite it is in my top 5. So it's nice to see someone else playing it and it feels nice to be able to give helpful advice.

Also, in those mole mitts areas, the walls can hide some secrets so it doesn't hurt to dig through the dirt in front of them.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

savixeon posted:

Gust jar or boomerang are good too, from what I remember.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

savixeon posted:

I'm glad I can give good advice.

I think minish cap is the legend of zelda game that I have spent the most time of out of all of them and while I wouldn't say its my absolute favorite it is in my top 5. So it's nice to see someone else playing it and it feels nice to be able to give helpful advice.

Also, in those mole mitts areas, the walls can hide some secrets so it doesn't hurt to dig through the dirt in front of them.

You mean the dirt on the ground inside of the Mole Mitt areas?

And I'm liking the game so far, wanna wait until I'm done for final judgement but it's solid from what I've played.

And here I actually make progress:

Part 16 - The Power Bracelets
Part 17 - The Flippers

Maybe no videos until Monday.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002
Hey, I must say I like this LP a lot. While blind, you manage to have a steady progress, solve puzzles exactly fast enough (but god drat it's close sometimes), and excellent release pace. I guess I should post it in the recommended thread, but hey, here we are. Go go.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

You mean the dirt on the ground inside of the Mole Mitt areas?

I meant the walls of dirt that you dig through. Sometimes there are things on the horizontal non-diggable walls in those area that you won't see at first because the diggable walls of dirt are blocking your view of the non-diggable walls.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

BernieLomax posted:

Hey, I must say I like this LP a lot. While blind, you manage to have a steady progress, solve puzzles exactly fast enough (but god drat it's close sometimes), and excellent release pace. I guess I should post it in the recommended thread, but hey, here we are. Go go.

I appreciate that, man. I think it's just because I'm used to how Zelda puzzles work that I manage to figure them out relatively quick. Doesn't stop me from getting caught up on stupid poo poo like talking to that dog as Minish Vaati.

Only one video today:

Part 18 - The Flame Lantern

As far as Ice Dungeons go this isn't TOO bad so far, it's mainly just a few areas with slippery ice which gets a bit grating.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, ice can kind of mess you up when you need the right positioning for something.

I don't remember if there are many more lilypad sections in the game, but just tapping the button quickly always seemed faster to me than charging the gust jar up.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Quantum Toast posted:

Yeah, ice can kind of mess you up when you need the right positioning for something.

I don't remember if there are many more lilypad sections in the game, but just tapping the button quickly always seemed faster to me than charging the gust jar up.

I've always hated ice levels, no matter what game they're in.

And I kind of hope not, the mechanic has gotten old at this point.

But now we must venture forth:

Part 19 - The Temple of Droplets
Part 20 - Royal Valley

I dunno if I just suck, but that boss was dreadfully annoying.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I dunno if I just suck, but that boss was dreadfully annoying.
I've always wondered if there's some trick to that fight I'm not spotting, because I do it the same way as you and it just seems far tougher than it should be.

I think that ghost just meant she had a whole bunch of kinstone fusions to do.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Quantum Toast posted:

I've always wondered if there's some trick to that fight I'm not spotting, because I do it the same way as you and it just seems far tougher than it should be.

I dunno, I can't think of anything. Bombs made the most sense, but it very clearly didn't suck them up. Ah well, the fight's over so I guess it doesn't matter now.

What does matter is this update.

Time to walk on the clouds:

Part 21 - Cloud Tops
Part 22 - Palace of Winds

I just wonder if saving Zelda is worth it, maybe Vaati should go back home and sleep.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 23, 2017

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, that's the real reward for playing Luigi's Mansion earlier. If you don't save Gregal before you reach the clouds the proper way, you can't get it anymore.

As far as I remember, that's the only permanently missable thing in the game.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Quantum Toast posted:

Yeah, that's the real reward for playing Luigi's Mansion earlier. If you don't save Gregal before you reach the clouds the proper way, you can't get it anymore.

As far as I remember, that's the only permanently missable thing in the game.

Well, that explains it. And it's so odd considering the role Light Arrows usually play. They're almost always something received near or in the final temple to use against Ganondorf, or something similar.

We're nearing the end:

Part 23 - The Wind Element
Part 24 - Dark Hyrule Castle

I may have gotten a bit frustrated in this batch...

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 22, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Those fairies really seem underpowered compared to the rest of the series. It might be worth considering other bottle options, like Lon Lon Milk or Red Potion from the witch.

Skoob
Oct 9, 2012
Its a shame you never found the five mysterious walls.
Also would have been nice to find all eight swordsmen.
I never liked doing the last dungeon without the rewards for those.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Skoob posted:

Its a shame you never found the five mysterious walls.
Also would have been nice to find all eight swordsmen.
I never liked doing the last dungeon without the rewards for those.

Wait, EIGHT swordsmen? Man, I had no idea there were so many. Didn't know about the walls either.

Cloud Potato posted:

Those fairies really seem underpowered compared to the rest of the series. It might be worth considering other bottle options, like Lon Lon Milk or Red Potion from the witch.

Yeah, I think if I run out of faries again I'll get milk instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

And now I am done with this adventure.

The Finale:

Part 25 - Dark Hyrule Castle II
Part 26 - Vaati

The game kind of got to me at the end, I got a bit annoyed with the final areas. But still, overall I enjoyed the game. I find the graphics nice, it has some amusing minor characters (though not really many major ones you talk to more than once), and some interesting dungeons. As I mention in the video, I feel the shrinking aspect is underused to the point where I wonder why they even bothered. It's like if in Wind Waker you only sailed to the first dungeon or two and then never again; or at least very sparsely. And this disappointed me because I enjoyed what little Minish time I DID get. The ending areas got frustrating, with the start being that damned ice dungeon and continuing on until the end. Maybe I just suck, but it still dampened my mood a bit. Definitely a game I like, and I'll probably play it again one day.

I just don't think I'll be in a rush to do so. So, thanks for people who gave me tips and hints on what to do, I appreciated all that, even if I didn't manage to find all the secret stuff.

• Locked thread