Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Warmal posted:

For the sake of some fun dialogue, I wanna vote for Vaati.

I vote for this name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were other zelda games that didn't have the master sword.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Carbon dioxide posted:

I don't think any of the multiplayer games had the Master Sword either.

Were the four swords games the only multiplayer zelda games, or were there more?

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Carbon dioxide posted:

Triforce Heroes is the most recent one. It's different in that it has THREE players instead of four.

IAmTheRad posted:

Triforce Heroes now

Forgot about that one, thanks. Is there a special sword in Triforce Heroes, like in every other zelda game?

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I'm surprised that you never thought to check any of the sign posts in Hyrule town when you were looking for Mt. Crenal.

Also, would you be okay with getting gameplay tips or small hints when you get stuck or are those no good? Since you said you don't want to look up a guide when you get stuck.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Well, at first I was mainly just looking around and seeing what the town was like. And I also sincerely didn't even see the signs. Probably too busy stalking the Postman.

And yeah, those are welcome. Though I do now know what I have to do, I only noticed (somehow) that bombable rock during editing.

If you know what to do now then I'll just give you some tips.
First, the sound made when you stab a wall differs depending on if the wall is bomb-able or not.
Second, your gust jar can suck up a lot of things, ranging from dust and debris on the ground to all or parts of enemies. Its a lot more versatile than it seems at first glance and it can't run out of ammo like your bombs can.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Alright, thanks man. Will keep those in mind later.
But...does that mean those grey things I bombed on the mountain AREN'T oddly spiky rocks? That's what I assumed they were.

I'll be honest, I don't know what those things are either.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I guess I should have explained how you're supposed to stab the wall since you were just slashing it. To stab a wall so you can tell if it is bomb-able you need to charge up a spin slash, hold it, and then run into the wall sword first. When you do that you'll hear the sound of the sword hitting the wall.

On the cane of pacci I definitely agree. Strangely that makes it one of my favorite zelda dungeon items.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
In regards to your money problem, you won't have to worry about that as long as you keep doing kinstone fusions. A lot of them result in you getting money in some fashion. Also if you see any strange parts of the scenery, like those fallen trees, it's related to kinstone fusing.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
There are a few parts where you are required to fuse kinstones to progress but, as you found out in castor wilds, when that happens you will usually be given the kinstone piece or will find it in a chest in the area.

Also I think you can kill the armos statues by shooting them in the eye a few more times but I might be mis-remembering.

One more thing, wasn't there a place on mt. crenal that had the clone panels and a locked door? Its not a bad idea to go back there when you get the chance.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
You're doing pretty well right now so I'll share some info about some of the monsters you ran into.

1. Try using your cane of pacci or gust jar the next time you run into skeletons.
2. If you want a nice surprise, try hitting those electric balls with your boomerang.
3. An easy way to get the drop on rupee like-likes is to attack every rupee you see on the ground. Hitting money with your sword, truly the best way to test for counterfeits.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I'm glad I can give good advice.

I think minish cap is the legend of zelda game that I have spent the most time of out of all of them and while I wouldn't say its my absolute favorite it is in my top 5. So it's nice to see someone else playing it and it feels nice to be able to give helpful advice.

Also, in those mole mitts areas, the walls can hide some secrets so it doesn't hurt to dig through the dirt in front of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

You mean the dirt on the ground inside of the Mole Mitt areas?

I meant the walls of dirt that you dig through. Sometimes there are things on the horizontal non-diggable walls in those area that you won't see at first because the diggable walls of dirt are blocking your view of the non-diggable walls.

• Locked thread