Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

if you're at all familiar with reddit, you know they hold free speech in the highest regard. it's sacrosanct, and that little red-eyed alien has sworn to protect it with his life. even when minorities are being mocked, or pictures of dead minorities are being handed out, reddit will defend your right to say and do such things.

but today an exception has been made. one subreddit has been so vile, so cruel, and so thoughtless recently that reddit has threatened to ban them all on its own, without demands from outside groups...

quote:

Dear Reddit Administration:

No, r/anarchism will not remove comments with terms like “BASH THE FASH”. No, we will not meekly follow commands from the site administration with the threat of quarantine or deletion.

i can't believe reddit finally found a persecuted minority they want to defend :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

rudatron posted:

They still have massively racist subs up so gently caress em

you obviously didn't read the OP

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Darkman Fanpage posted:

redditors will forever hate sa for spearheading the effort to get jailbait banned from reddit

is that why bip roberts was raging about SA?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

lol they banned the guy i quoted

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

they fought to the bitter end not to ban r/pedobait guy, but guy who refuses to ban people saying "bash the fash"? that guy's the one ruining reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

lol

tl:dr: mod of white supremacist subreddit asks if "just shoot them" wrt to immigrants is incitement to violence, and the reddit admins assured him it wasn't, unlike saying "bash the fash"

• Locked thread