Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I'm so happy that y'alls decided to go with arms dealer Klaus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Was the frigate thing serious? That thing has a hundred+ crew. The running cost has got to be INSANE. And it's not like we can drive it to Tibet, so it anchors ( :v: ) us to seaside missions.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Branching out into Soviet stuff seems like a bad idea, as is getting a dedicated CAS platform. Let's stick to the third party theme and get some of those Korean fighters, some IRIS and some Paveways.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Halve the Meteor and IRIS buys on Barracuda's plan, that is a shitload of money and maybe keeping a bit of a low profile, doing some diplomacy stuff, or packing up and leaving for greener pastures are better bets than planning to fight off an entire fighter wing.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The UAVs are insanely short range if I'm reading that wiki page right.

CirclMastr posted:

What's wrong with the FA-50's?

Kinda expensive while being kinda meh generally

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Purchase four F-4Es. This mostly guarantees we will be getting a flight of three up whenever we want to use them.

Barracuda's ammo buy with halved Meteor and Iris purchases and deleted rockets.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Of those four options I'll go with PHANTOMS GALORE

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah guys the Frogfoots are slow, meaning they can't get out of trouble, and they aren't tough enough to make up for it. A "tough" aircraft is still an aircraft, not a tank. And the logistics are going to be a nightmare. The Golden Eagle is a slow, expensive, aggressively uninspiring aircraft. It's a gussied up version of babby's first jet. The Phantoms are not amazing, but unlike the other choices they are at least fast, and we can afford enough of them to guarantee that despite their unreliability we will be able to put up a three or four ship of them when we decide we need one.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 5, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The buy people ended up going with is basically the worst option that was available. Not enough Phantoms to get a proper flight up so you might as well not have bothered and an equally symbolic quantity of a plane that is useless outside massacring people that are so defenseless that you might as well have the pilot walk over and beat them to death with a stick, but we're still out double digit millions.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What's the selling point for light attack vs. just letting some multirole airframe drop a bomb? Flight hour cost?

e: yeah the little touches about this LP are blowing my mind left and right

e: wanna point out that beyond survivability a faster aircraft also means less time in transit when going home for rearm.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 8, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

rchandra posted:

All those sea-skimming planes were very strange. I also saw our Meteor go to 100k feet, is that right?

It dreamed of becoming a meteoroid

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Call up arms dealer Klaus or put out a dish of MiG parts to attract more Phantoms, do not buy any of that stuff.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Can't wait for the Chinese to lob a TBM with a payload of special sauce at our base as a little howyadoin

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I'd also prefer if we weighted our arms procurement efforts towards stuff you don't see that much like Mirages or something just for the coolness factor. We could be the terrorist guy from Die Hard: the PMC.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 9, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Phi230 posted:

Who said anything about terrorists?

Bond villain, whatever you wanna call it. I just want the uniform to include a turtleneck.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Later model Mirage 2000s seem good and there were a whole bunch produced so getting them should not be impossible and they're Eurotrash as gently caress.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aren't runways really easy to repair unless you use that crazy poo poo that makes subsurface craters and then scatters mines around them? Maybe we can stick to other targets.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Throw everything that flies at the airport, just to be sure and for giggles

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Cathode Raymond posted:

I am excited to hear that our drones are so advanced that they can move through both thin air and solid ground with equal ease.

Weaponized graboids would really take this fictional universe to the next level imo

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Saros posted:

Kill the airbase, there is just no real chance of successfully pulling off a capture and we can't risk our transport.

Yeah this is my vote too

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Strict Parenting with Light Attackers

:bandwagon:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aw yeah please make the Mirage's happen if there's some decent model to be had. Those are some sexy planes.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

nothing to seehere posted:

Having flights stop for gas on there way to the strike zone could throw off the timetables and make this even harder for Yooper to organize. Don't bring the tanker

Throw up the tanker after the outbound strike packages?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Really excited about this fuckin mission

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Just weld a lot of sheet metal on top of a supertanker, those are cheap, right?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Angola, Dictator

Some dogooder swooping in and fixing up the place has literally never worked.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper posted:

FYI : Our mercs, after the previous stellar mission, have decided to have a Thunderdome. Why? I'm not sure, maybe to decide who's the boss or who carries the M60?

It's looking to be entertaining. But on the other hand if they all die from infections in two weeks then we're poo poo out of merc luck.

Soup Inspector posted:

Apparently our ground component is slowly descending into madness. :stare: I wonder if we could sell the rights to a reality TV show?

And since third time's the charm - Count me in for Angola!

Honestly this is fairly normal behavior for junior enlisted grunts

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I missed the procurement phase but looking back was there a particular reason nobody included the Tornado ECRs in their proposals? Those looked good to me on paper.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Zack

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah a MLRS seems like the kind of thing our SK60s can put a dent in and I kinda love those derpy things now.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Generally angry-crazy people will want to stay angry-crazy until something happens that makes it very clear to them that it's not working out. It seems optimistic to hope that we can casually fix up Rohan in between missions before she makes a mess. Let's please go with the spook.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper posted:

Edit : But we may have a way to pay his debts in a very unique way... more to come!

Can't wait to have to figure out a way to use our Gripens to harvest a conex's worth of human civilian kidneys

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Best way to deal with the AWACS is to set up the M60 at the end of the runway and rattle off a belt into the cockpit when the plane rotates

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hunchback IICs at three paces :getin:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Loel posted:

Oh, sure. Im not saying give our plans, just be like

"Hey Free State, our contract on the southern border begins on x day. You could make a profitable move on the northern border at this time.

Long life and great riches,
Hired Goons."

And give the day before our attack as x day :v:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Is there a post that states the range of those radars north of our airbase? It would be bad if they could just watch us take off or something.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I don't think it makes sense for us to try and lowkey sneak into an air war. Trying to take us out with a coordinated strike by all they got while we're puttering around chasing MLRS and aid trucks would be an eminently sensible move for the enemy, we have little depth to our lineup and it's not like the redditors have shitloads of air to split the dictator's attention. Move one should be hitting that air base and the radars north of us with all we have.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

First Impressions :bandwagon:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Baloogan pls add Tiberium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Brb locating a Dornier Do 32 to take a selfie with