Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Wanna see what one of our AShMs does to a whale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I guess there was some hope that Rohan would be driven-angry instead of indiscriminately psychotic-angry but yep we gotta get rid of her asap.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The Tornados took losses in the Gulf War as well and they had to use them differently as a result, maybe we have to change our doctrine.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper this LP is amazing.

Paint job should be haze grey with little accents in that HG green and the orange Yooper uses for the briefing slide.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Guess the thread is p firmly trending in other directions already but here's my entry:

Logo/roundel is just a mockup to quickly show the color scheme and placement, winged grenade would look sweet there as well.

e: with grenade

vvvvvv

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 25, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Coffeehitler posted:

But how much is an SS-18 SATAN with silo?

We can just steal the silo, duh

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If something is going to be puttering around enemy territory hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of the key enemy asset I definitely want it to be the Sperwer and not something actually important. Honestly at the price of those things we should get another four and consider them disposable.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

K&P

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I think I'd like to be a pilot after all, callsign Tonguebath.

e: if at all possible I'd like to fly a French aircraft or some wacky little thing like an Alphajet or something.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How many cruise missiles would it take to really take out a major office building? It seems likely that we'll just blow up the auxiliary outhouse, two pencil pushers' offices, and the tertiary meeting room and that the whole thing would be mostly symbolic. If we're doing this maybe pick the more useful target and saturate that. Army HQ might cause problems with logistics for example, so extremely blow up that during office hours and just put one into the presidential palace as a little gently caress you.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

quote:

Nutsbe (added: 28 Jun 2014)
Last name Chaffin...think about it

quote:

Paps (added: 28 Sep 2015)
Poor guys last name was Speer. Great fighter pilot

quote:

Love Handle (added: 10 Jul 2014)
My friends father got his call sign because his friends decided to hide a condom under his pillow. After getting B*****d at by the DI for thirty minutes, he was forced to put the condom on the handle or grip of every gun he fired.

:lol:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Putting single Tauruses on runways seems like a waste of good Tauruses unless that runway absolutely needs to be shut down for the next hour but great effort overall.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Is the PAK-FA actually in service somewhere? I thought it was sort of fading into vaporware status.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Anta posted:

So how does LO vs LO BVR combat work?

Poorly

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

We can't do enough damage against the Free State in one mission that they'll become insignificant, and by trying we risk ending up with the dictator still in control of a rump state including the capital. The way to go I think is to roll out a red carpet to the capital for our troops, and edging out the Free State by being in control of the capital and being the guys who disposed of the dictator.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper posted:

Command Post locations will be known, as will bridges.

Bulgarians are locked into the mission mainly because they can't get out. They're committed like the pig, not the chicken.

Holy poo poo this is a no-brainer. Let's offer the Bulgarians free passage and a little money to sweeten the deal, maybe ask von Hoff if he'd be willing to additionally throw them a cushy contract to train his guys post-war just to make the deal a little sexier, they have got to be looking for a low-risk way to make cash to rebuild after the beating they took. This could all but guarantee our victory for absolutely trivial risk and effort on our side.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 14, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I would love a goonboat as long as it has solid self-defense, i.e. something like Rolling Airframe Missile rather than CIWS or MANPADS, and does something cool beyond that, i.e. probably ASW as we have plenty stuff to sling AShMs already.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Put the nuke in a sidecar attached to the lead Gripen with a dead man switch detonator.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

David Corbett posted:

We might at least get to find out what FOGBANK is, I guess...

:tenbux: says it's delicious cotton candy

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Is the Qaher-313 in the database and is the Iranian government willing to sell us some?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I was making a joke :(

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hot drat I didn't realize this was going again. Holy poo poo that last mission but it got me within spitting distance of a pair of wings so that's something.

Tonguebath is definitely the best, an ace, just beautiful flying skills

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I would be fine with the pilots and pilot names just staying a cool little gimmick instead of becoming a whole system to keep track of on top of everything else you're doing for the LP. And I like the pilot names persisting, like aw yeah it's Big Pig again. If that means my getting a plane takes place in the far future that's nbd as far as I'm concerned at least.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Clearly the USN is preparing to offer us the finest captured I-400-class submarine they still have mothballed to strengthen both our naval and aviation components in one fell swoop.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Pilot ability to drive home a devastating own across the language barrier is the single most important dimension of combat effectiveness

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Is the Brimstones doing donuts like that what they actually behave like? That's an unusual capacity afaik

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I don't think I can in good conscience recommend not going with the plane that is named F-CK

e: rather liking that Broadstreet offer with the ELINT option. The Flankers are cool but I don't like the MiG-21s and the legacy attack choppers even one bit. We should probably go heavy on air-to-air, we still have the Tornados after all.

e: yeah Gripens + Invisiboat looks real good too.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 16, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The Tornados can still Brimstone everything driving, we don't really need more vintage ground attack. On further consideration I don't like the small numbers on the US core packages. Tending towards the Mirages + boat because even old school stealth is something we haven't seen yet and there's a relatively decent number of those F-117s in the package.

I would kinda love the Flankers but they come with so much crap.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The Viggen is so pretty

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I can see the point of arguing for the AESA. Taking the Gripens, setting them to CAP with restrictive ROE, and forgetting that they even can carry SDBs at all, doing all ground work with our more vintage stuff might be workable financially. Maybe the F-117s can sneak in and drop an LGB on stuff that would otherwise necessitate the SDB? The Gripen option gives a not-terrible number of airframes too - more than we'd get F-18s.

e: jumping on the BISON bandwagon for the 3d printing component.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 16, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Given how absolutely essential our AWACS has been a ship that is 90% antennas by volume should be able to come in useful

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The spy ship is a national-level intelligence asset. It will allow us to sniff out poo poo that we can't even dream of right now, using passive sensors so the enemy doesn't even realize we're listening until our stealth fighters drop a bomb straight on the vital McGuffin he thought we didn't know about. It's easily the most interesting thing we've been offered yet, and it comes with a good number of either very high or very decent capability fighters as a core choice.

I'm very horny for the boat rn.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I think I'm going with InGripiBote. We definitely need to print up something that can replace our Phantoms as decently capable multirole tho, ie something that can fire something mid- to longrange AA and also drop a guided bomb in a pinch.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

3dprinted Flankers seems like a great idea if we end up going with the Gripens, to get our hi-mid mix back on and save on Meteors and also because its a pretty plane.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

But sir, we are merely a humble paparazzi vessel, innocently listening in on all the celebrity sexts in Europe simultaneously

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I'd nitpick the number but those things are so bizarrely cheap that yeah just get a bunch of Bisons, give or take a couple.

Yooper, I think I'm in the next batch of pilots unless I'm reading the doc wrong, can I dibs a F-117? I love the Stinkbug.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aw yes. Look at my new lovable face

Just keep me away from Serbs :ohdear:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That sea strike Viggen caught my eye as well. How is this for a rather expensive with a little too much variety for its own good. I'll call it A SERIOUS PLANE COLLECTION:

4x AJ 37 Viggen (1990) - 4x14m=56m
Pretty plane, has DECM, can deliver Mavericks and that occasional sea strike, Swedish

4x MiG-27K Flogger J - 4x20m=80m
Can deliver a bizarre range of A2G munitions.

8x MiG-21bis UPG Fishbed N [Bison] - 8x7.5m=60m
Can sling a mid-range A2A missile, which we direly need, and a whole bunch of other stuff, very cheap

Total:196m

Again, this is a very expensive and unfocused proposal and really we should probably just get 12 Bisons like in the post directly above me.

TheDemon posted:

Actually, you have the F-22's clear-view canopy! So the serbian missile can see your face.

The doctor has ordered me to cut back on missiles to the face!

I did not realize that these were different variants, in game terms looking at the database nothing huge sticks out to me in terms of differences. I can do a Paveway and I can do an ALARM basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Voting Baby Herd. We can really put a couple of the widdle things to good use to fill in the gaps in our roster but there's no reason to go hog wild on them. I mean given how cheap they are 16 is fine too but yknow.