Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'd like to send our offer to the Ivanov Bros since they offer us quantity that's necessary for conducting multiple operations at the same time. Also, I'm fairly certain their Israeli connections would get us first dibs on lucrative contracts they and their American lobbyists want done.

As for our name; Exemplary Outcomes LLC

My callsign: Ventura

PS: If we do get some Hinds, I recommend we hire some ex-SF dudes so we can drop them off to conduct operations at the ground level with them.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Pretty certain if we needed surface-to-surface missiles, we could just buy a bunch of scuds.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Yooper posted:

The informational packets will be inbound shortly and then we'll start the voting. But a little teaser.

AoO #1 : Brad Pitt spent seven years here.
AoO #2 : Sarah Palin can see it from her house.

Let me guess, Vladdy-boy is in a pinch and needs deniable assets.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'd say the best place to practice our COIN skills is Tibet. I'd be inclined to go for the Chinese contract since it's just a simple bomb truck job that'll get you gents warmed right up.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'm fairly certain going right into terrorism would result in y'all getting a bath in Guantanamo Bay. Besides, we don't have stealth aircrafts so the CAG would notice us rather quickly loving with all-american companies.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Soup Inspector posted:

The best war crimes are the one perpetrated by the last people you'd expect with the fanciest kit. It's like war crimes 101.

And stealth crafts would allow us to conduct our ops in secret so we'd have plausible deniability.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I think we can afford to lose money on one mission if it means we'll actually complete it. My recommendation is that we use our AWACS to keep an eye out for anything that might hurt the transports from BVR ranges. IMO, our plan should be to have a pair of Gripens for both flights of aid and one pair as a rapid response group. As for the bridge, I'd recommend a stand-off attack with something lasing the drat thing.

First impressions are important, people.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

chitoryu12 posted:

What's the cost division on a single Gripen dropping a laser-guided bomb versus a few Sk 60s flying in with rocket pods?

Edit: A Paveway is $46,000 while a 135mm rocket is $2800. We can fire 16 rockets for the same cost as one bomb.

I'd rather make it so that we won't lose any airframes on our first missions. Besides, would you like to meet the people you were trying to bomb?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We probably can mount the GBU to an SK-60 and have another one lase it. As for what we can expect, I presume we'll just see a lot of chinese equipment with some soviet surplus in the mix

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We want NATO compatible stuff so we probably should place a bid on the F/A-50s. Phantoms are fine but only if we get a set of spare engines for them.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Bacarruda posted:

Here's what I'd like us to buy:
Air-to-air missiles
30 Meteor medium-range AAMs ($5,250,000)
50 IRIS-T short-range AAMs ($2,000,000)

Air-to-ground weapons
100 GBU-12 laser-guided bombs 220,000
16 Mjolnir Mk2 anti-armor stand-off cluster missile ($6,800,000)
24 Mjolrnir Mk1 anti-personnel stand-off cluster missile ($5,400,000)
30 RB 75 Maverick EO Missiles ($6,7500,000)
500 M/70 135mm rockets ($1,400,000)

Electronics
2 Lantirn FLIR and Targeting pods ($2,800,000)
1 SPK 39 EO photorecon pod ($2,100,000)

Miscellaneous
25 1200-litre drop tanks ($475,000)

For a total cost of: $33,975,000. I know it's a lot, but it'll give us the ability to shut down any Chinese efforts to interfre with us from the air. And gives us a bunch of air-to-ground options that will let us kill tanks, trucks, infantry, bunkers, bridges, supply dumps, airfields, boats and pretty much anything else we want dead

I don't think we need extra photorecce stuff unless we suddenly double our Gripen fleet. Also, we probably could only really use 20 Mavericks and reduce the A2A order to 16 Meteors and 30 IRIS-Ts.

PS: Put high-quality Coffee on the list, the local stuff is garbage.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
You know, can we get our man in DC to lobby for the AGM-122B production getting greenlit? A sidewinder-sized ARM would be really nice.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Serpentis posted:

I kind of like the green/white combination we've been seeing so far for the colours; no idea about emblems.

Company logo as our roundel in black and white, go nuts with the nose art.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We should avoid selling our aircrafts at this point, if only because I get the feeling we are going need anything and everything with wings there is. Once we get out of this hot armpit of Asia, then we probably can sell the SK-60s to some other start-up/third world country.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We probably should in that case put SK-60s to CAS duty while we'll send a flight of Gripens to see what's going down in the sea. We probably can spare 2 Gripens for SEAD.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Agean90 posted:

correct me if I'm wrong, but arnt we operating at sea? why do we need sead?

it might be helpful if a warship shows up, but let's be honest of a warship that can pose a large threat shows up our first action. should be to freeze operations and call up our employer for a large pay increase

Let me simplify it for you: SK-60s go to CAS, they get a pair of Gripens to aid them and the rest go hunt down boats. And just in case, make sure we strip off all identifying marks on aircrafts that go hunt them down.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I don't think we need more dedicated CAS crafts, we need multi-roles.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Soup Inspector posted:

You know what? Sod it, put me down for this option too. The sheer diversity of the Frogfoot's armaments are hard to beat, and even the complication of the supply lines is arguably an advantage (i.e. proofing us against a supplier shutting us off).

Do you mind explaining your rationale?

Two reasons:

1. We are still a fairly small outfit and being flexible is what we should focus on.

2. Having more viable aircrafts in case we have to conduct emergency scrambles.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Russian mercs best mercs. Besides, we want people who can interrogate other russian mercs when we inevitably encounter some.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

JcDent posted:

Unfortunately, most of vulnerable (~10k pop) islands are in the Pacific and we don't even have a botte. Not even a flying botte.

We'd be better off setting our poo poo in a remote airstrip with a friendly local government, preferably one with oil and manufacturing. We could effectively take it over if we maintain a mercenary unit that can take out the local tinpot if necessary. Just tell the guy that if he doesn't gently caress with our poo poo, we won't gently caress him and everyone he knows up. Maybe help him out if he needs some.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dictatorships are easier places to set up shop in because you only need to placate one guy and maybe their cabal rather than an entire electorate.

Whoever happens to be local to our base would be good to placate too, for both recruiting and security purposes. After all, if the locals like us they'll gladly inform us when competition arrives.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We are now officially a somebody in the geopolitical game. Buy a replacement for the Gripen and order a lot of anti-air kit.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I do think we should keep about half of the SK-60s because they can still deliver rockets and we have the spare parts to keep them running as long as we want.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Nope, while Frogfoots are tempting we'll get 8 aircrafts that we'll end up selling forward at a loss. Besides, we didn't go for the big Ivanov offer so we won't have the spares to keep half of the drat things running.

I say we call Broadstreet and ask what they have for us. A 30 minute chat isn't that expensive anyways, especially since long distance calls are cheaper than ever before.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
We have to throw every plane we can get flying at the strike. If we lose a plane or two, it's still a more preferable alternative than getting stomped on the runway/hangars.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I think we could get 4 SK-60s for the diversion and 4 more for the base strike itself. They could focus on destroying the control tower or fuel supplies.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Time to see how good their best of the best really are. This is going to be fun.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I gotta say, Killing is what we are good at and that's how we are going to roll. Leave the Entebbe redux for when we have some Hinds and extra transports to conduct truly astounding shenanigans.

If you want some suggestions to what our ground forces do, they'd better learn chinese and put on some captured uniforms for some rhodie poo poo.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 11, 2017

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
You know, maybe we could steal these nukes instead?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
If we improve our relations with NATO, I'd suggest either the Falklands or American Samoa. Both have good airfields, are relatively out of the way for any major powers and would give us a way to net a lot of good future contracts.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
You know, those Libertarian gents have a lot of gold. Dollars and such will change their value but gold's always good. Besides, I get the feeling that the Bering straits situation ain't gonna go anywhere. If we buy some planes, we probably can afford to run a quartet of Gripens there for protection duty while the majority of our assets are in Angola like it's 1988. Just don't take any politically risky jobs up in the arctics.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 16, 2017

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Popete posted:

This old guy is probably a former SS commander or something, attempting to setup the next Reich.

The guy's about a decade too young to have been anything other than a kid during the third reich's time, what with him being in his late teens when he was in Dien Bien Phu. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a few lessons on stuff from one of the three letter agencies out there.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

xthetenth posted:

Then what do they fight with?

Their equipment would be considered quite good during the years when the place was still a Portuguese colony. Add in 40ish years of constant wear and tear with minimal maintenance. Though based on the research I've done on the people doing logistics for our count, they are nothing short of miracle workers and deserve immense respect for it.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

power crystals posted:

My problem with splitting the airbases (you know, conceptually, since we can't) is that after all the handwringing over air defense systems we only have a single HAWK battery. Unless we buy the second the other airbase will be very vulnerable. Something we may want to keep in mind.

By the way, Yooper, the image in the OP has two HAWKs but we only own one.

We could just keep a small share of our assets in one of them if we run out of space in our main one. Even then, we should never deploy anything that's expensive in them because the most they have is some Strelas and ZU-23s.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

MrYenko posted:

The 2011 earthquake/tsunami submerged thirteen of them, and they wrote five off completely.

They're a manufacturer backed PMC so I think they can get them right off the assembly line.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Quinntan posted:

Production ended in 2011 and to restart it so your mercenary company can get a couple of new fighters is going to be looked at rather poorly not only by the Japanese Diet but also by the US Congress, given that a lot of stuff on the Viper zero comes from US suppliers.

I don't think they care about it that much, especially since the political situation is rather unstable now and at least in this universe, the JSDF are expanding and getting more authority to do what they want. I'm fairly certain they've reverse-engineered everything inside them so they can pretty much produce every part of them if necessary.

Also, the X-2 isn't ready yet.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Engines won't be an issue since there already exists a very capable manufacturer of them in Japan and secondly, I'm quite certain that the Japanese government is very concerned about an actual no-bullshit war especially when that Tac-Nuke hit the Chinese staging area.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Quinntan posted:

The MLRS strike sounds like a job for the Tornado boys. Send them in with their MW-1s and they'd massacre that mlrs battery.

MW-1s are a bit too expensive and imprecise for this job. Give them some Rockeyes instead.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

You want to drop CLUSTER BOMBS in Angola. Yeah that's a real good way to appear as good people to the international community.

Yooper! Surely the good Count won't accept us turning his people into hamburger and dispensing basically land mines in a country that not too long ago already was littered with mines and unexploded ordnance! RIGHT?!?!?!

Would you rather have those tanks and artillery turn his people into hamburger instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Boy are you guys gonna regret it when Zach replaces the mess hall's coffee maker with a Keurig

Well, we can always go outside our base to hit the local coffee places. Angola's coffee industry is on the rise especially with our Count trying to ensure the local economy's diversified in order to get some capital going.

gradenko_2000 posted:

From a "gameplay" perspective the answer is no because you're supposed to make a choice, and it's not supposed to be an easy choice.

Pretty certain she wouldn't trust a three letter agency man and he wouldn't trust loose cannons.